rainface

Hatchlings

Fenix looked at Tetra. "Huh. I'm not sure what exactly you need to do then. Though I feel that its more then luck."

"Maybe, but who knows," Tetra said. She had fair night vision and kept an eye around her.

((Maybe, like hatchling spitfires have a ridge-like thing on their head. It becomes blade shaped scales upon adulthood. Perhaps that could do something.

And i suppose the growing would be swift. A few days to a few weeks, his body was trying to grow for three years.))

Scuta wasn't tired yet. Which was weird. He had been exhausted after the fight. But he also thought he had died. Which was weird from the start. He had began to see his family, his clan, then suddenly he had felt like he was falling. When that feeling had overtaken him he had seen fire and what looked like, how the humans say, hell. Well, at least he knew where he was going when he died.

As they flew Crusher caught sight of Scuta "Hey, over here." he called then breifly popped above the tree's "Found Scuta." he said then came to a stop after getting closer. He was closing in on Scuta's right side and he stopped. 2 large, the size of vamp fangs where on Scuta's neck. With the lighting it was almost in possible to tell if Scuta was paler or not right now. Could easily be the work of the moon. "What happened?" he asked from a distance. Was Scuta even there?

"Is he normally pale for his kind?" Kadaen asked quitely as he saw the mix. He had a look in his eye that to him marked others as vampire, but that one reminded him of another.

Scuta said nothing for a moment, lost in thought. When he came back to reality he saw Crusher and Kadaen. He didn't smile. He had a dead look in his eyes, then fainted from blood loss.

In his unconscious mind, a light came to him, it was warming and bright. But then it faded, it became black. He shivered. His mind grew blank. He began to dream.

Callaina flinched. Telepathic connections grow with time. She had known Scuta since birth. Something was wrong. His presence dissapeared. But sleeping hatchlings lay in the cave. She couldn't abandon them to find her friend.

((*Hates using IPod to post.*))

Edited by Dusset

Crusher rushed up to Scuta and looked him over. He looked at Kadaen "Is what I think is happening happening?" he asked looking at Scuta "2 fang sized holes in the neck, and was walking like nothing had happened aside from a hobble." he said. "Scuta? Are you with us?" he asked hoping Scuta was not dead or worse. Maybe the fang holes missed his necks key blood vessels, maybe.....

"I think so. Not a commin thing Vampires do, but it can happen," Kadaen said. He gently moved Scuta onto his back. "Quickly get something that has blood and that is not you own."

Fenix looked down at Crusher when he called to them. "Well, seems they found Scuta. I'm going down there." He made his way down and landed next to Crusher and Kadaen. "Guess this is not good."

Edited by Fenix3533

Crusher took off in search of something that had a lot of blood. He found a sleeping deer and snapped its neck then returned with it. "Here's something, will this due?" he asked Kadaen "What exacly is going on with Scuta? I'v heard and seen hatchlings in eggs turned but never this."

"He'll be a half vampire at worest. I kinda acidently did that with a full grown dragon once.. Never a good thing to leave my kind with out any blood," Kadaen said. He disappoved of the dead deer. He knew that it would be nice warm blood would help cool down any blood lusting the spitfire had. He grabbed the deer and placed the spitfire close to the deer and placed the spitfires head at the deers leg. "You, Tetra and Fenix get away. You don't get how dragon blood effects vampires. Lets say it's a big stronger then humans and humans are among the best blood to have, second to Dragon blood of corse."

Crusher took off and came along beside Tetra in the air "Well I guess we found what happened to a point." he said to her "Scuta looked fine too till he just dropped. Like he maybe a zombie now or something." he said half to him self "But to be on the safe side get ready in case he attacks us. A maddened vamp is nothing to play with." he said.

Edited by little lost dragon

"I know. I use to pin Kadaen down when he got into his blood lustingness. He is sloppy when he gets to that state," Tetra said. She was still flying and she was seeing everything.

Crusher nodded "They may get sloppy, but there's something the just has them cause lots of damage to there prey. If there allowed to move then.... watch out. I know when I was a vamp I had yet to take in fresh blood for most of my life. Always suppressed it. I wonder if it finally broke through for my other self and Scuta was in the wrong area at the wrong time.... now here Scuta is and our enemy is not around."

Fenix took off and joined Crusher and Tetra. He listened to their conversation. "I can't say I myself have much experience with vampires. Generally the humans drove them off if they did not kill them when I was staying with them." He was a bit nervous about this though.

"From what Kadaen told me, when he was young he had his thraot burning until he saw about five years. It calmed down then. He was always the worried wort since I have met him, and over protective. Both things that most vampires do not have," Tetra said. She listened to Crusher. "He had once talked about him using his venom for a year, he was weak then and he kinda bit a full grown dragon, drank it dry and he somehow managed to turn it into a half vampire. He told me how confused the half vampire was an all." Edited by polos1993

Scuta jumped awake. His mind wasn't fully functioning. His body acted almost entirely on instinct and lust. His mouth hurt like an arm being ripped off. His fangs had forced out and cut his lip. His blood was grotesque but he had the sensation of joy as the blood washed past them. He sank them into the deer's neck.

It felt fantastic. It was exhilarating. When he finally came off cloud nine he spat the blood out. He was put down by the lack of taste, which was awesome. But he was startled by his recent activity. Why did he do such a thing? A corpse was fine but sucking it's blood? He felt his fangs with his claw, fangs?? What happened? His canines were pronounced and all, but they never reached past his lower teeth.

Edited by Dusset

"Are you okay?" Kadaen asked. He would be the father figure, or at least in vampire terms, to Scuta. He was willing to show Scuta how to control the blood lust an all. He knew it would take time for the halfy to contain it, so he would just have to be around him.

Crusher nodded as Tetra spoke. "So a year with out letting your fangs get used and the poison is strong enough to alter a grown dragon..... and my other self looks a few years older them me, full grown and all that. If he never used them till now, Scuta... I won't be suprized if...." he paused as Scuta woke up and bit in to the deer and looked like it was the best thing ever then backed off like he had just touched a maggot filled body.

"I... I don't know." He said. "I have... No clue what happened."

He stared at Kadaen. The facts lined up. He died due to poisons, he came back. He had fangs, well, much larger fangs, he had sucked blood from a corpse. W-was he? No... No way. He held no prejudices, but his extended experiences with vampires never went well. He thought what other's he cared for would think. Callaina, Crisie; where ever she was. He knew Callaina wouldn't mind overly so. He could never read Crisie.

That wasn't important now though. He could be wrong, it could be something else.

He was histerical.

"W-what happened?"

"I was hoping you would tell me that. From what I can tell, you got a vampire bite mark on your neck and you seem to be turning into a vampire, but you will most likely not be a full vampire. If you need me around so you don't attack the other dragons, please let me know. I am not like most of my kind, and you can have Tetra as the wittness to that," Kadaen said. He sat down. "I told Crusher to get something with blood to you, sorry that was a bit cold blood. Normally that just makes burning in yout throut stay instead of going away."

"If that had happened to him. I think it'll be best to leave them now. I know Kadaen will be fine, same with Scuta. He's in good paws," Tetra said. She flew a bit away from the others, wanting them to follow her.

Crusher sighed "We'll be back at home cave Scuta." he called down then flew off towards Tetra. "I know I would hate being turned back into a vamp. Having a fully living body always feels better then a always half dead one." he said "Scuta's known what its like always living. Sadly now he gets to find out to be always half dead and the works." he said half to him self.

"Mea (My god)." He said aloud. "Yes, yes I'd appreciate your help. As you can tell this is a little overwhelming."

He shook his head.

"But, I suppose we should head back then? Or would I endanger others?"

He had so many questions. So many curiosities. It was a bit like stumbling upon a vault of books in a long dead language. Up a river without a paddle. There were only two vampires (one who isn't one anymore at least) in the vicinity that weren't completely nuts. At least he knew them both.

Edited by Dusset

"That would be an understatement. A little is never the right word for something this big. I think that you are not ready to go to the others and wont be for a while. New borns, like yourself, are more unpredictable then an older one. I surgest that we go to another cave. I hope having me around would help you to tell whose friend and whose foe, mainly because most do not know when newborns are at least a week old," Kadaen said. "It is possible you could be an odd one, but better to be save then sorry."

"From what I have heard it is a terrible thing to be and even more so become," Tetra said and she shivered at the thought of Crusher going back to his vampiric life. She didn't like that at all.

"I know of one, briefly the home of our clan, before a warlord tried to end us. It should suffice." He told the elder Vampire.

The funny thing is Scuta might actually be older, he didn't know this one well enough.

"But when you say odd, what do you mean?"

He considered ending the life of his friends. It horrified him. He considered them his clan, his family. Nothing was more sacred to an Usque than the bond they share with their brethren. If he had ever forsaken this belief again he didn't think he could continue life. But he wasn't alive, was he? Was this the eternal punishment he deserved? He came back down to reality and began walking to the new destination. He was still getting used to being dead, he didn't feel comfortable flying.

((A little glimpse into his mind and past. It's dark in there.))