rainface

Hatchlings

Scuta's reflexes fought his mind. He wanted to crush her skull in, just an instinct from his point of view, but he blocked it. He caught her head with his forward claws and set his thumbs above her eyes and pressed, showing to gouge them. Then he threw his claws away from his, hopefully she would follow, and sat on his back haunches waiting for her to get steady.

"I fully intend to leave them all alone, except Scuta. He will be slaughtered, along with anyone who opposes me. And the reason is long. But here's the short version: He caused a massive war between the humans and dragons of the nomad clan known as 'Usque'. They ended each other. I, he and Callaina, the other Spitfire, escaped. So I hunt him to take retribution."

Blanchia flinched backwards trying not to rip her head away from his grasp as his claws came far too close to her eyes for comfort. She dared no blink until finally he let her go and she stumbled back to her feet. Blinking out of the sheer love for having kept her eyes in tact she nodded to Scuta. "Alright, then, let's try." She said and braced herself.

----

Archer turned around to fully look at Jink. "Ah, see, now I'm interested." Archer gave him a sly and content look as he sat back on his hinds with his wings outstretched behind him, folding neatly onto his back. "Right, let's get going." Archer turned around on his hind legs alone and then fell forward, his 'thumbs' catching the ground as he began to walk. Since he assumed Jink wouldn't get the picture he flicked his tail tauntingly."We've got ourselves some seriously planning to do and I'd like to do it anywhere else but right at the lip of the lions mouth." He paused and smirked. "If you understand then stop lolly gagging about before I lose interest." Archer wasn't sure what it was that had triggered him but for some reason, around Jink, he had a lot to say. That was unusual for this silent and ever disinterested Nebula. Archer fully intended to stick around to learn more, both about the spitfire and himself and how far he would change to adapt to others like his wings often did for him.

{And Kadaen isn't killing the elk, just makes it not have enough blood to move and still alive...}

Vadellia saw the stone, and she knew it was Stonza because he was the only stone dragon, that she has met anyway. She ran up to him, and then she flew over then she tried to hit him hard with her tail.

Stoneza felt the tail hit his head but not much affected him "Your trying to hit someone who used catapults to escape the humans." he said amused. His wing shot out and he jumped and then pushed down with the over sized wings swinging his own tail again at Vadellia.

Vadellia quickly got out of Stonza's way. She felt more dust on her back when stonza landed. She was covered in it, giving her to hide well. She was quite and steathly even. She desiced it was time to let most of her claws out, for she had just a little of her claws out. Even though she knew that this was a spar, Stonza's defances seem to make her very mad. She snuck up behind him and then jumped on him

Stoneza folded his wings suddenly trapping Vadellia on his back then jumped backwards hitting the ground on his side. "Had I landed on my back, you would be dead." he said letting her go. His rock scales showing signs of scratches but not much.

"All right." Scuta said. "Get ready."

He rushed her and replicated the attack almost like a mirror.

Jink followed Archer, excellent, he wasn't alone.

"Firstly we should probably establish a base of operations." He said. "To plan attacks or other acts."

((Short post is short.))

Blanchia attempted to replicate his defensive attack from before but she hesitated, afraid to hurt him, and his skull connected, bending her arms back awkwardly and pushing her backwards from the force. She winced and shook her head to get rid of the slight throb she was feeling. Her head shot up and she locked her gaze with Scuta's. "Again!" Her voice was short and serious, she meant business and the determination burning in her eyes and tensing her muscles was plenty of proof.

--------

Archer listened to the sounds of footsteps and the voice of Jink but he didn't say anything, he continued walking through the forest in silence long after Jink's proposal faded into the night. If Jink couldn't figure out that Archer's walk was purposeful as he led him around by his nose, then he'd have a lot to learn. Archer was testing him in several ways.

Scuta spun on his heels and raced back. He hadn't even stopped to hear her say again before her rushed her for the second time.

Jink, to be honest, didn't realize Archer's intentions. He knew how to fight, how to craft make-shift healing items such as salves, and he knew how to write in iambic pentameter. But he didn't know what he was doing. He knew he was following a smart dragon with interest in his cause, little else.

((Fail... I JUST realized that was a squirtle.....-sigh-))

Blanchia tried her bets not to hesitate but she did it again and again she was pushed backwards. "Ngnnn." Frustrated she grit her teeth. "I'm afraid..." She admitted and then her neck drooped, the rest of her body tense and shaking from the strain. She was feeling extremely useless and it got to her more than she knew it would have ever gotten to her.

----

Archer continued on through the forest until they came to an enormous expanse of open plains covered in slightly swaying grass. It was soft beneath them and there were no trees anywhere in sight to their left or right, only behind them. What was on the earth was not all that was vast and open, the sky, too was clear apart from a few stray clouds and everything was visible. Archer loved this place more than anywhere else because he could clearly see the stars at night. He continued to walk a long while in the open until a large boulder crept up into view. A few other was scattered around it all in various sizes and all large enough to fit full grown dragons on them like sun rocks. It was the largest boulder that Archer called home and beneath it's massive shadow there was a slight depression where he often laid, the grass bent out of the familiarity of his weight but not dead. Finally the nebula stopped and turned to look at his 'companion', more like a temporary business partner but aside from that he still turned to look at him, giving him an expectant look.

Archer had taken note of Jink's silence, for one this told the nebula that the spitfire was willing to trust Archer with more than just his help to fulfill his quest. That was good. Jink had also not once complained, this made Archer come to the conclusion that Jink could be patient, but was it only for the sake of his quest that he was? Or was he capable of patience for other things as well. Archer would just have to experiment with that later.

Satisfied with all of his findings he narrowed his eyes slightly and then turned away, lashing his tail behind him so that it went right by the feet of the spitfire. Archer had good grace but he wasn't about to let Jink into his 'personal space' Archer nestled down and settled his wings on his back, they ached from walking so much but it mattered little. His breast was positioned to face Jink and he looked up at the dragon, his 'thumbs' moving down to overlap in front of Archer just as casually as any four-legged- dragon would when crossing their 'wrists'. "Begin." Was all he said. He feared if he continued spouting off full sentences to this dragon he'd end going through some huge character change and make a habit out of talking....normally. Archer almost winced. He preferred being a dragon of few words. It kept others out of his head and protected him in ways his teeth and claws could not.

((I have a Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur and Pikachu like that poptartFINALTINY.gif

HEHE, new emoticons are great.))

"Don't hold back. I'll be fine." Scuta said.

The hardest part about this was going to teach her to open up in combat. He would end up teaching her this beyond any skills or techniques.

"I'm coming again, I want you to do it this time."

He rushed.

"Begin what?" Jink said.

Cryptic. censorkip.gif, why'd he have to be a cryptic? Was it so hard to ask for a simple dragon? One to plan and attack with? He couldn't be teaching anything. There was only one dragon that matched him. He was dead. Scuta could hold a fight but all their battles had been cut short, he'd been saved.

In anticipation for whatever was going on. His back legs tensed, as well as his claw came out and his wings leveled. In a silent 'come at me bro'.

Edited by Dusset

Crusher got back to see Stoneza land on his side with Vadellia trapped between his wings. He could feel the ground shake a little on the landing. He looked at Kadaen "Right there she would be dead if he had done that on his back." he said looking at Tetra to see her reaction.

Kadaen only moved his head side to side. "She is just as stupid as she is stuborn," he said.

Tetra didn't look consered for Vadellia, but if that was Crusher she would be worried as heck. She does not care for her sister at all. She only sighed.

Vadellia growled and she was clawing stonza's wings.

Stoneza sighed feeling her scrapping his wings. "Have you tried scratching rocks?" he asked in a 'T.T' manner. "Cause that is what your doing." he said before tightly squeezing his wings now to restrict her movement. "Don't make me break one of your bones to get you to admit defeat." he said locking her in and squeezing "You arn't going anyway where and your lucky this is a spar. Should this had been real you would be dead twice now." he said.

Once Stonza moved his wings she got off of his back. She was mad.

"Why does she have so much pride? Doesn't she know that is one of the deadly sins?" Tetra asked.

Stoneza let her go again then turned around to face her "In a fight you have to know when to take a loss. Or it can mean your death." he said "This spar is over untill tomorrow after what ever is planned. I want you to think about how you could have died with fighting like that and not dealing your losses." he said not sounding happy. He had clearly expected better judgement.

Crusher shook his head "I don't know, if she ever attacks Stoneza for real I think you'll end up with out a sister." he said

((I have a Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur and Pikachu like that poptartFINALTINY.gif

HEHE, new emoticons are great.))

"Don't hold back. I'll be fine." Scuta said.

The hardest part about this was going to teach her to open up in combat. He would end up teaching her this beyond any skills or techniques.

"I'm coming again, I want you to do it this time."

He rushed.

"Begin what?" Jink said.

Cryptic. censorkip.gif, why'd he have to be a cryptic? Was it so hard to ask for a simple dragon? One to plan and attack with? He couldn't be teaching anything. There was only one dragon that matched him. He was dead. Scuta could hold a fight but all their battles had been cut short, he'd been saved.

In anticipation for whatever was going on. His back legs tensed, as well as his claw came out and his wings leveled. In a silent 'come at me bro'.

((-home alone and dancing to music while still wearing bathing suit and sleeveless sun dress- Does that make me weird? -totally chowing down on clumps of hamburger meat, too....-))

Blanchia forced herself to relax and exhaled, slowing her breathing even as Scuta rushed at her. When he was close enough that she could feel the air pushing against her lightly she moved her arms up swiftly. Her claws wrapped around his skull and her talons came centimeters from his eyes. Blanchia froze entirely and backed away, letting Scuta go slightly horrified at having been able to come that close to hurting him...again.

----

Archer frowned, clearly this Jink wasn't too good at catching on to things. He sighed, he would have to actually form sentences with this dragon or he would never get it. Archer stood, his shoulders rolling back and his body rising ahead of his head which held an expression of weariness. He looked up at the dragon as his neck slowly was straightened out, leaning back a little like a gently curving 's'. "I'm not interested in fighting. Begin your plans, that is what I am interested in. I'll not help a fool who can't organize his own plan of attack." Archer gave him a stern. "I do not think you're a fool, I would not have led you here otherwise."

((Not at all, today I did the same thing, except I was dressed normally and I didn't have random hamburger meat. tongue.gif ))

"Better, but you didn't follow through. I didn't get thrown. If it helps imagine I just killed someone you love. Ready for another go?" He told her.

"It's not overly complicated, which will make it easier. You wander into their camp, act as if you have no mal-intentions, then, when they're open, or when whatever they're getting prepared for, signal me and we'll attack from both ends." Jink explained. "The other advantage is we'll know their plans."

Simple plans were the best. And this dragon was no species that wasn't easily trusted. It would work.

Jink noticed Archer wasn't big on talking, perhaps telepathy would suit him better? Personally Jink preferred speaking, it kept the vocals cords ready for a battle cry.

Vadellia seemed like she just didn't hear Stonza's words or they were going in one ear and out the other.

Tetra sighed she walked away from her sister and Crusher. She had lost so much, but she got landed with the sister she hated. Why couldn't her youngest brother live and Vadellia die? That question was on her mind.

Zenith had watched all the fights with moderate interest. When they had finished, he walked off and made his way towards the waterfall, intent on learning more about his necklace.

Fenix saw Zenith walk off. He approached Crusher. "Does he normally walk off like that?" He said, gesturing towards Zenith.

Stoneza snorted when Vadellia walked off like nothing was going on. She would get her self killed if she fought anyone by the looks of it. She did not know when to take a loss.

Crusher sighed and was about to head off after Tetra then Fenix came up asking about Zenith. "Normally only when he's headed for his waterfall. Its like his retreat." he explained.

((Not at all, today I did the same thing, except I was dressed normally and I didn't have random hamburger meat. tongue.gif ))

"Better, but you didn't follow through. I didn't get thrown. If it helps imagine I just killed someone you love. Ready for another go?" He told her.

"It's not overly complicated, which will make it easier. You wander into their camp, act as if you have no mal-intentions, then, when they're open, or when whatever they're getting prepared for, signal me and we'll attack from both ends." Jink explained. "The other advantage is we'll know their plans."

Simple plans were the best. And this dragon was no species that wasn't easily trusted. It would work.

Jink noticed Archer wasn't big on talking, perhaps telepathy would suit him better? Personally Jink preferred speaking, it kept the vocals cords ready for a battle cry.

Blanchia sighed and offered a smile. "I've already had the people I love killed and I have no reason to injure those that committed to their deaths." While she sounded honest and her words were too, she couldn't find it in her heart to accept her parents deaths. She often held limiters on her powers due to the fact of being able to wholly and completely believe in humans and their kind once again. Up until her death her mother had always, always believed that humans were good. Blanchia frowned ever so slightly and then blinked her eyes to shoo it all away. "Alright, let's go again."

-----

Archer looked up at the sky thoughtfully and subconsciously began to imprint the design on his back, the clouds shifting on his wings as if they were exact mirrors. "Alright..." he said. "Though, no one else gets hurt." Archer brought his gaze to Jink and the clouds froze on his wings eerily. "Even if they get in your way, they mustn't be killed."

((So sorry for the late reply I haven't slept for two nights straight do to my Papa being in the hospital. He finally came home and minutes later I collapsed and slept for I think 16 hours x.x))

"Any idea of what he does?" Fenix asked. He found it odd that such a young dragon was going off on his own with a powerful enemy out there.

Zenith got to the waterfall and looked around. He got comfortable and laid down.

Crusher shrugged "He has stuff to work out with him self. One of which I'll be helping him with. Our enemy seems to be else where right now. So far if he was around we would have run into him by now." Crusher explained.

Stoneza came up to Fenix "Want to train? That Vadellia was far to easy and prideful." he asked.

Fenix shrugged. "I'll leave him to himself then." Fenix listened to Stoneza's request. "I'm up for a little fun. Although I can't say I'll do much."

Stoneza nodded "Do you want to allow powers and such or not?" he asked. They where both unknowns to each other so this could be interesting if they fought with powers. "And power's or not I haven't landed a real blow on anyone so I don't know how a spar hit would look like from me." he explained.