rainface

Hatchlings

"Do you think that you and me could do the same thing at that style and past is a conusidance?" asked Kadaen. He did not like that Crusher was seemingly glaring at him. "I am over 400 years old. I am surely not the one that had bit you, but I could be the one that resulted one child to be a vampire and that bit you."

Crusher looked at him. "If what you say is true........ do you know what the goal of the anger and such is aimed at? If we can find it out be maybe able to help fix it for my copy." he said

"For the humans, they wantd us to be hateful of other dragons. They wanted us to be blood lusting, revengeful little buggers that would easily make the Humans top dragon," said Kadaen. "We vampires have a natral hate for everything that is not undead. I do not know why, but it's pure instenct for vampires."

Blanchia was still kicking when she felt him pull his hinds away, she was slightly confident for a moment until he kicked her suare in the gut. Letting out a cry of pain that wrenched in her throat, she let go of him, her wings momentarily unable to work as pain struggled throughout her whole body paralyzing her. She fell and fell and still, she fell. Ground was ready to greet her but in moments it was Scuta now, ready to attack. Move.... she thought quietly though a red cloud of pain swelling in her mind. Move...! Her voice was getting louder and the pain was beginning to seem less and less. Move!! Her wings snapped open and caught the air, she leveled off still far above Scuta body aching with burns scattered about her body, the ash and charred scales made her look more like a black than a white and blood had been drawn in several places. Yet, she wasn't done. Landing heavily, half folding onto the ground she pushed to her feet and locked her joints some 10 yards away from Scuta. She wasn't about to let him win just yet and later she'd more than likely beat herself up over hurting him but for the moment she was lost in the need to keep up.

--------

Archer was as quiet as mist, moving through the forest quickly beside Jink, listening and watching. He could fully see the fight that was engaged up ahead and it was something extremely interesting. "A white...fighting...." He said breathlessly in wonder, suddenly wanting to watch this fight to the end.

Flying closer to Jink he expressed the situation up ahead, the fight between the two dragons a male and a female, a Spitfire and a White. He also added in that he'd like to see where this goes, it's not every day that you get to witness such a thing.

Jink, now within view, halted. He could see scarring that resembled his brother's. The way he moved, the way he fought. All him. Finally. He would allow the fight to continue. Although it seemed he was wiping the deck with this white. What had taken place to cause this?

In his mind he went over the plan. He suddenly charged her, full-on sprinting. Then as he came closer he pulled his legs from the ground and spun in the air. Using his wings as a cocoon, he rolled at her like a log. He had been too close for her to dodge this primarily and he was still moving at his original speed. Once he was within a foot of her he sprang up, throwing his wings violently in her face to disorient her as he slid beside her, he a forced a claw into her one of her forward elbows, hoping to bend it backwards.

Edited by Dusset

"For the humans, they wantd us to be hateful of other dragons. They wanted us to be blood lusting, revengeful little buggers that would easily make the Humans top dragon," said Kadaen. "We vampires have a natral hate for everything that is not undead. I do not know why, but it's pure instenct for vampires."

Crusher nodded "The humans must have used a mage of there own though to get the vamp to not attack them. After all humans are not undead." he said as more then normal noise was coming from the area Scuta was at. He frowned then shook his head "There at it again today I see. Anyway, I take it there is no way to stop this instinct short of being restored?" he asked

"So, mind pointing other who's who so I won't look like an idiot when talking?" Fenix asked. Having not been there long, he did not learn everyones name yet.

Zenith walked back to where Tetra was and sat down.

Stoneza nodded "The black that you see Crusher around is Tetra. Between you and me, I think he likes her. As for the other one her name is Vadillea or something like that. The ridge wing is Zenith. The spit fire that never speaks and always looks blank it seems is Callaina, the good vamp is Kadaen from what I know of." he said.

"Thanks. Nice little place here." Fenix looked around.

Stoneza nodded "Its alright. There's the everyday thing. Its basicly a clan here. Just nobody calls it that. They all look out for each other. Crusher and Scuta always have had a rift between them. Though from what I can tell, Scuta just likes to have someone to spar with short of asking. He was not happy when he was not allowed to attack him. Crusher seems to unofficially have taken charge here. He's about the oldest here that has not vanished on us so I can see why he would take charge." Stoneza explained "I had left for a while. Grew up here more or less."

Evil Crusher continued to focus and improve on what he was being taught.

((How old is Crusher anyways? Still a matured hatchling right?))

((Since when I first brought him in.... I'd say nearing his full height. Almost done growing I think...... had not put much thought into that really, why?))

((Just curious because Stoneza said he was eldest. I just wanted to know if he was adult yet.))

Crusher nodded "The humans must have used a mage of there own though to get the vamp to not attack them. After all humans are not undead." he said as more then normal noise was coming from the area Scuta was at. He frowned then shook his head "There at it again today I see. Anyway, I take it there is no way to stop this instinct short of being restored?" he asked

"It is all up to the vampire to see the wrongness of the instenct. New born Hatchlings are about to tell it is wrong or not, but not when they get older. For most, it is to hard of a challage to change. To me it is hard to not turn into it, but I've learned and adapted to it," said Kadaen. "If the vampire was a gardain to start with, it is easyer for them to see the wrong and go into their former nature. For vampires that were not them, it will be very challaging."

Username:Waverunner

Name: Aqua

Type/Breed: Coastal Waverunner

Power: Water

Personality: Kind but stubbern

Appearance: Like a coastal waverunner hatchling?

Age/Stage: Just starting to grow wings

History: When he hatched most of other eggs he was with where gone, besides one. A few minutes after he hatched the other egg hatched. After talking to his new sister for a while it started getting dark. They slept in a little rock pool for the night. When he woke up his sister was gone, he could see the marks from where she was dragged along the sand. After a while of following the marks the faded away. Form there on he said to himself that he would try to find his sister.

Extra: Hes an idiot.

Waverunner, please put your form on the Ooc, here.

After you have done that, you are accepted.

Edited by rainface

Jink, now within view, halted. He could see scarring that resembled his brother's. The way he moved, the way he fought. All him. Finally. He would allow the fight to continue. Although it seemed he was wiping the deck with this white. What had taken place to cause this?

In his mind he went over the plan. He suddenly charged her, full-on sprinting. Then as he came closer he pulled his legs from the ground and spun in the air. Using his wings as a cocoon, he rolled at her like a log. He had been too close for her to dodge this primarily and he was still moving at his original speed. Once he was within a foot of her he sprang up, throwing his wings violently in her face to disorient her as he slid beside her, he a forced a claw into her one of her forward elbows, hoping to bend it backwards.

Blanchia wasn't about to stand her ground or about to run away so, the moment he ran for her she met him half way, closing the gap before he could get a good spin on his attack, his momentum wouldn't have had time to build up to anything critical by the time he burst open his wings in her face. To retaliate, Blanchia reared back on her hinds and kicked her fore legs out furiously with a roar that was unbridled in comparison to before, it was both a battle cry and one of pain as her body took the brunt of his attack, his claw digging into her thigh and puncturing the scales.

Blanchia brought her fores down hard with a slam and scratched at Scuta wildly, her jaws opened and gaped wide as it came down looking to sink it's stainless white teeth into the back of his neck.

((Poor Blanchia is really going to hate herself after this...))

Edited by Chasilin

Scuta, choosing to dodge over counter, burst away at sonic speeds. He caused a small sonic boom to signal a halt and landed a distance away.

"Stop." He said as he brushed some blood away from his eye. "Before one of us kills the other."

He looked himself over. Cuts, bruises and what looked like a small laceration. Blanchia was worse, all the same, but more and then some burns. They were running each other ragged.

Blanchia at one instant felt body beneath her and the next just air. She gratefully crumbled onto the ground panting with an expression of just barely suppressed pain. She couldn't opened her eyes to even look at Scuta, she was entirely worn out and her eyes were closed tight as she winced with each breath, her underside was still excruciatingly sore from Scuta's mid-air attack and the rest of her, well, it just hurt.

Unable to handle much more of it she summoned her staff, it's milky orb glowed as it lifted itself into the air and made it's way to her. Stopping somewhere between Scuta and herself it stood balanced and sent out a white dome of magic. Within it's barriers their wounds would begin to heal and Blanchia's energy began to drain but not by too much for their wounds combined totaled to very little.

Scuta fell to the ground and rolled on his back. He acted a bit more like a dog than a dragon. Panting with his tounge(?) out. He was ecstatic to lay down.

"You know..." He began to say, "...your a lot stronger than you look. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that. Even though, you know, we made absolutely no progress; and you didn't actually learn anything..."

He laughed through the last bit, but exercise was exercise. However, she really did need to learn defensive measures.

Finally able to catch her breath as the pain ebbed away she gave a cold glare at the ground. She was lying on her side, her right appendages crossing over the left ones while her sides rose and fell, her left shoulder and hip buried into the earth under her weight. "I'm glad I'm not stronger than you..." She said finally after a long moment of brooding. She could make no excuse for her actions nor why she'd had the impulse to fight and the need to do anything but lose. Silently cursing herself for hurting Scuta she looked up and gave a miserable voice to her meaningful apology. "I am so sorry..." She said it near breathlessly towards the end but now?, she just looked stubborn and resolute. "It won't happen again."

---------

Archer watched intently, mystified by the White's abilities and stumped by her reaction for she'd seemed so into it moments before. The nebula looked up at Jink who was clearly taken by the opposing Spitfire, it was clear to see that the dragon before them was indeed the one Jink sought. With their fight having ended it wouldn't be long, now, until Jink made a move.

"What? It won't happen again?" He asked disappointed. "That was great! I haven't had that much fun in a year!"

He had had a blast. Regardless of if she felt the same way, fighting was a great stress-reliever. Growing up around it you start to enjoy it.

"You have no need to feel sorry either. What you inflicted on me was minor at best. The one who should be sorry is me. You could do better." He challenged her, "If you keep on like you did, you'll best me in no time!"

Jink overheard the conversation. Guessing, he came up with the idea that they were training. But for what? Thrymzen had been overrun and Crusher was on their side now. Maybe him? No, Scuta wouldn't bother training others to fight him, rules prevented help. What could be such a threat that Whites were even called upon for combat?

He moved back and away, turning around he circled the field with a very wide berth, staying hidden in the brush, which was harder for him seeing as he had no natural camouflage here. He continued until he saw another Spitfire. It couldn't be from his clan, they were extinct beyond Scuta and himself. But the marking and scars told no lie. It was Callaina. He thought he had killed her...

"You, Archer, you want to help extinguish the rest of a clan?"

"It is all up to the vampire to see the wrongness of the instenct. New born Hatchlings are about to tell it is wrong or not, but not when they get older. For most, it is to hard of a challage to change. To me it is hard to not turn into it, but I've learned and adapted to it," said Kadaen. "If the vampire was a gardain to start with, it is easyer for them to see the wrong and go into their former nature. For vampires that were not them, it will be very challaging."

Crusher nodded "Alright. Guess that means there's no helping my other self then if he more or less enbrassed it almost." he said "We should get back to the training grounds though." he said "I'm sure we'v kept them waiting long enough." he said with a nod then started to head back.

"Yeah, lets do that," said Kadaen and he lead the way to the training grounds. He didn't sit near Tetra, but allowed that spot for Crusher. He didn't want to seem overbearing on her.

"What? It won't happen again?" He asked disappointed. "That was great! I haven't had that much fun in a year!"

He had had a blast. Regardless of if she felt the same way, fighting was a great stress-reliever. Growing up around it you start to enjoy it.

"You have no need to feel sorry either. What you inflicted on me was minor at best. The one who should be sorry is me. You could do better." He challenged her, "If you keep on like you did, you'll best me in no time!"

Jink overheard the conversation. Guessing, he came up with the idea that they were training. But for what? Thrymzen had been overrun and Crusher was on their side now. Maybe him? No, Scuta wouldn't bother training others to fight him, rules prevented help. What could be such a threat that Whites were even called upon for combat?

He moved back and away, turning around he circled the field with a very wide berth, staying hidden in the brush, which was harder for him seeing as he had no natural camouflage here. He continued until he saw another Spitfire. It couldn't be from his clan, they were extinct beyond Scuta and himself. But the marking and scars told no lie. It was Callaina. He thought he had killed her...

"You, Archer, you want to help extinguish the rest of a clan?"

Blanchia was startled by the sudden weight the lifted from her shoulders, one she hadn't realized had been there bowing her forwards in submission to it. Scuta's words really helped her see a little of what he saw and Blanchia wanted to see more. Lifting her neck and looking up at Scuta as her head arose from a bed of grass she smiled. "You really think so?" She asked, not meaning one thing in particular but all of what he'd said. Her heart gave a little flutter and suddenly all the pain was washed away and the barrier was beginning to recede into the staff, Scuta, too, would have been fully recovered.

----

Archer followed Jink, his eyes glued to the scene before him. Finally the spitfire stopped and spoke to Archer, extending an invitation that was wrapped in many perils and misfortunes. A family feud was not his business and he didn't want to step over that line, it simply didn't interest him. Archer stared long and hard at the white and the spitfire ahead of them, unaware of their presence there. "It doesn't sound very interesting." He said and looked at Jink. "I'd rather do something interesting..."

He was picturing something very dangerous; the two of them feigning pardon and defeat and asking to be accepted into their ranks. He envisioned joining them for their cause, for clearly they were preparing for something, and then betraying their fine trust by drawing out the intended target under the veil of bond and taking them by surprise with bitter revenge.

He licked his lips for he enjoyed the idea and imagined doing this to the leader of his former clan. He could understand Jink a little more now but even Archer wouldn't call on outside help to confront his own enemy. Archer was suddenly curious. "Why would you want an outsider such as myself to soil the earth with your Clan's blood, unless it be from a dragon you have a lesser grudge of." he finished in wonder, possibly answering his own inquiry.