superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

((Whataver, I didn't know that...gotta go now, I'll reply tommorrow, hopefully Lady will have replied by then too.))

((k; I deleted my earlier ooc post that was after your first post on the page but I'll just put that back up since it looks like you double-posted...I'm sure she'll be on later))

((edit: can't))

Edited by Dragonpelt

If he were to base this clan upon first impressions, Ninja thought this clan was insane. What just happened? The other one, roughly the same size as him, had gone through mood swings faster than a she-cat in heat. Perhaps he was secretly a female? What an awkward situation... Not quite sure how, he managed to keep his faces composed, "I'll rest for a while." he said, trying to break the tension. "I'll also work if you need me to. I'm particularily good at setting traps and chasing prey." he said, noting his skills. If he were to rest here, he'd like them to know of his good qualities so he would not be kicked out. Back in Burlington, he was the best rat catcher of them all as he was fast, sleek, and small, allowing him to go where other larger cats could not.

Rowanpelt nodded and then said, "We can use the prey but since you're a kit, and I'm not saying that you can't do it, it's just that that's the apprentice's and warrior's job. The kits usually play with each other and when it's ready for them to, they get apprenticed by the leader and get a mentor." Then she sighed as she forgot to ask, "I forgot to ask, what's your name? Mine's Rowanpelt." She knew that he would probably think that an odd name but she would explain the name to him if she needed to.

((...I had Nightcloud reply to Silverfeather and Oreo in this post that I also reposted on page 284:

Nightcloud smiled as she saw Silverfeather coming towards her with a familiar cat trailing behind. She nodded in reply to his question and then said to Oreo, "Hey Oreo. How are you doing?" She then turned back to Silverfeather and said, "I was getting worried about you." She then licked his ear back and stayed standing.

and I would interact with Crowpaw but I don't have a char in SC currently but I'll be happy to make one *thinks of a name*:

Name: Owlpaw (Owlflight)

User: DP

Appearance: orange colored she-cat with green eyes.

Bio: born in ShadowClan, she's now an apprentice and friend to Crowpaw and likes to hunt.

Clan: ShadowClan

Position: apprentice

Password: StarClan

Color posted in: coral))

Owlpaw was walking around camp, being bored. She didn't know what to do. She saw Crowpaw a few tail-lengths away at the fresh-kill pile, eating and decided to ask him what he wanted to do so she walked towards him. It's been awhile since she was last out of the camp and wanted to do something. She also wondered where her mentor was.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((you did? I didn't see the post... *goes to look again*))

((edit: no you, or your brother, didn't; the only one I found was the one for Crowpaw))

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Oh my, a city cat...))

Moonkit wakes up in the middle of the night. Moonkit. Is that my name? He thinks, trying to concentrate. It must be, it's what they called me earlier... Abandoning thinking, Moonkit walks out of the... den, that's it, and walks past the sleeping form of a small gold cat. Something stirs in his memory, but he can't quite place it. She seems quite agitated, but he's not sure if he should wake her, so he walks by. Moonkit. The name drifts in and out of his memory like a feather on a breeze. He looks up, and sees two cats talking. Are they strangers, or does he just not know them? Who are strangers? How can he tell? What is he supposed to do when he sees strangers? Maybe they'll hurt him; it doesn't matter though, he doesn't remember anything, why should he have fear? ...why doesn't he remember anything? It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. Moonkit walks up to the two cats, the world seemingly in some sort of dreamstate. One thing does come to him, however; the smaller kit is strange, new, and different. Whatever life he led before this, he hasn't seen one that lived with people before. People? A new word, but Moonkit has no interest in new words. The two cats are talking, and Moonkit wants to talk too. What about? Does it matter? No. Moonkit looks up at them, wondering what one would say to start a conversation. Perhaps there is proper etiquette to that sort of thing. "Hello?" He says hesistantly, wondering what would happen if he were to say the wrong thing.

((I love using the present tense in roleplays, it really makes Moonkit's parts stand out, more confused... tongue.gif The abruptness in some parts underline his difficulty with thinking too.))

Edited by yukinflake

Rowanpelt turns at Moonkit's voice and smiles saying in reply, "Hello. I hope you slept well because everyone is worried about you." She figured that he had a slight spell of amnesia but not really sure where he got it from. I wonder if he slipped into a some kind of trance when he seemed to go back to another time in his past. She mentally shrugged at that and wondered what he would say.

Moonkit stared. Why would everyone be worried about him? He's fine. Who's everyone?

((brb, might edit))

Ninja furrowed his brow. "Kits? What are kits? Why do they "play" when they can be doing something productive?" he could not comprehend the situation. Mentoring? Apprentice? Warrior? Play? "This culture is strange to me... can you explain it?" he asked, ignoring her question about his name.

((Back, but just replying to Lady instead.))

Moonkit listens with his head cocked while the other cat speaks. "They say that my name is Moonkit... does that mean that I am a kit?" He asks, finding that the other cat's questions are well justified. Kit, apprentice, warrior, mentor... the latter seems to have a connection to warrior and apprentice, but Moonkit cannot imagine what. Play, however... he cannot describe it, but that is one thing he can remember, the... happiness. The warmth. Just a feeling, but Moonkit latches onto this memory greedily.

"Hmmm." Ninja pondered. "You are Moonkit?" he was surprised that one would give away their name so easily, except for glory in a battle, but there was no battle here... or would he start one? Ninja was confident in his skills... Or was it a cover name? Then again, these insane cats seemed to be just the ones to be as imbecilic as to reveal one's name... He turned to the older one. "Might I inquire as to your name?" he asked, trying to speak as formally as possible if he were to please these strange cats...

[xd.png ninja sounds like a total snob xd.png]

((meanie tongue.gif; jk happy.gif))

Rowanpelt thought about answers to those questions and then said, "Kits are younger cats that were just born or closer to that of Foxpaw over there." She pointed to the cat she named and then continued as she looked at him again, "They play because that's what they like to do; all cats their age play with one another. They're too young to do what a cat my age, or other cats close to it, to do what we do." To his other question she said, "I'll try to explain it a bit more but if I fail, at least I tried; okay I'm a 'warrior', which is someone who fights for the group of cats I stay with or a 'clan'; someone below me is an 'apprentice' which is someone who learns from a 'mentor', or teacher if you will, that teaches the apprentice on how to hunt, fight, scent prey, take care of the older cats called elders, and many other things." She then examined him closely and asked, "Does that help?" To his question about her name she replied, "My name is Rowanpelt. What's yours?"

Edited by Dragonpelt

((meanie tongue.gif; jk happy.gif))

Rowanpelt thought about answers to those questions and then said, "Kits are younger cats that were just born or closer to that of Foxpaw over there." She pointed to the cat she named and then continued as she looked at him again, "They play because that's what they like to do; all cats their age play with one another. They're too young to do what a cat my age, or other cats close to it, to do what we do." To his other question she said, "I'll try to explain it a bit more but if I fail, at least I tried; okay I'm a 'warrior', which is someone who fights for the group of cats I stay with or a 'clan'; someone below me is an 'apprentice' which is someone who learns from a 'mentor', or teacher if you will, that teaches the apprentice on how to hunt, fight, scent prey, take care of the older cats called elders, and many other things." She then examined him closely and asked, "Does that help?" To his question about her name she replied, "My name is Rowanpelt. What's yours?"

Reluctantly, he gave up his name, "I'm Ninja. Also, no. That doesn't help, in the least. In fact, you just created a slew of new questions..." he trailed off. Those questions were at the tip of his tongue... but would they consider it rude that he talk to much? Back in Burlington everyone had reprimanded him for being talkative. Was it his fault he was curious? He sighed and shook his head. "Nevermind. I'd like to know where my quarters will be for the duration of my stay, and what tasks I am to do during that stay."

[omnomnomnom :3 i think he's gunna be one of those "Play? WHAT?! THAT'S ABSURD! I must go finish these quadratic formulas using decomposition so that i may enter university with 110% average..." ... that was pretty long of an example xd.png plus i doubt it makes much sense for a cat...

Ninjablade: true dat]

((wow he's pretty smart blink.gif))

Rowanpelt sighed at that and then said, "Nice to meet you Ninja. Perhaps another one of the cats here could help you with any other questions concerning what kits, apprentices, and warriors are then." At his other questions she raised her eyebrow and said in reply, "If you'd like, you can stay in the apprentices den or sleep out in the open if you don't want to sleep with other stranger cats; we don't have single dens for just one cat, well we do but that's for the leader. Everyone else just either stays in the nursery, kits stay there, apprentices den or warriors den or even out in the open if they feel like it." She thought that this new cat was pretty smart for his age.

[lol it was just an example... on a side note...

PPHHHEEEWWW!!! MATH TEST OVER!!! I just had a units 4-6 math test D: it was crazy... I know I got one question wrong >_< others were fine... anyways that marks the end of grade 10 math... tomorrow we're getting the grade 11 text books biggrin.gif (i'm in AP math so we do both grade 10 & 11 stuff) I'm so !excited! because the text books (grades 9-12) have a cover picture that continue on to the next cover biggrin.gif it's all bubbly happy.gif]

Ninja nodded. "Thank you for you hospitality." was all he said. In all honesty, these seemed like good cats. He could sense no ill intentions towards him. If something were to happen, he'd try to run for it, but they had the advantage of the forest... perhaps he'd have to scout out the area later on...

((i know that but the way he talks in general makes him sound smart; lol laugh.gif bubbly happy.gif))

Rowanpelt nodded and then made her way to the warriors den to sleep. She was really tired and worrying over Moonkit was making it a little more tiresome than before. She wondered if Ashfur and Bloodclaw would have fun hunting for fish. She was happy for them both for having someone to care and love them. She wondered if she would ever get someone like that when she reached the den, laid down, and closed her eyes, sighing.

((

I must go finish these quadratic formulas using decomposition so that i may enter university with 110% average...
Wow, and I basically understood that... Snobbish cat, yeah.))

Moonkit nods. "I think so." Then he frowns. "Not really. Actually, I don't really know..." He says hesitantly. "That cat... the red one... she called it..." His brow furrows for a moment. "...Amnesia." He sighs, and watches the darkness around him. It was too confusing, and he felt totally out of place... something inside him told him that he was also revealing too much to this cat... he shakes his head, but things seem to fall into place a bit as he does so. Why should his name be Moonkit, anyway? He doesn't know this place, or these people. They cannot determine his name, but for now, let him be Moonkit. He smiles grimly, then turns cooly as he hears paw steps.

"Moonkit?" The golden cat comes running over, her face tight and worried. "I was so worried... are you ok, Moonkit?" She asks, her face brimming with emotion.

Moonkit only nods; he has no need of divulging his innermost thoughts and feelings to this cat. With a flick of his tail, he turns around. The cat makes a strange noise, and stalks closer.

"Why are you ignoring me? Are you mad?" She asks, her voice quivering. With fear no doubt, but when he looks at her, it's not really fear that is on her face. Who is this cat, and why should she care? No one cares. He simply turns away, and she opens her mouth like a fish, making no noise, then runs away, little mewling noises streaming out of her mouth like wind. What a strange cat, he thinks, but doesn't really care all that much. He wonders if he should have asked her who she was, or maybe more about his past, but he soon dismisses it; he is not Moonkit anymore. Who is he? As if come down from the stars themselves, a new name comes to him. No kit for him; he would be called Lethe. How fitting, that his name would mean forgetfulness itself... and how he knew this, it did not matter, as he wasn't really the same cat anymore.

Edited by yukinflake

((Lady,Wolfpaw attacked Demonstar while he was walking away from them a page back...))

[oops forgot about that...]

Demonstar sighed as he shrugged Wolfpaw off, continuing to ignore him.

[i'm actually prepared with a reply for a few different situations in which wolfpaw retaliates...]

Starpaw ran to her father, tears streaming down her face. She knew that she was being stupid, but it hurt her so much to see him like that... and that he wouldn't remember her, if he didn't remember himself, of course he wouldn't remmber her! All the same, she couldn't get that blank, dull look out of her head. This new cat, he was cold, and sharp like a frozen shard of ice, and there was no love in him.

Snowpelt looked down at her gently. "I'm sure he'll recover soon." he said, smiling. "Then we can all get to know each-other properly.

Starpaw shook her head. He didn't understand; Moonkit would never be the same. It was just one of those things that she knew in her heart. She screwed up her eyes, and eventually the tears stopped. She could take it. Moonkit was her brother... her brother. How could it happen? She loved him, and she was sure that he loved her, but more things came between them every day... different clans, then the amnesia, then the fact that they were siblings... they couldn't love each other like that, it must just be sisterly and brotherly love... but Starpaw wasn't really sure in the least. Was this how Moonkit felt right now, confused and alone? More so, it must be, as he couldn't even remember himself. Yet he shunned her, and so she couldn't even comfort him. The world turns in crisscrosses today. She thought in a melancholy way.

Sandfur woke from a not-so-great sleep but she didn't really care at the moment. She looked around and saw that Snowpelt and Starpaw weren't in the camp. I wonder where they went and how long I was out. She then shrugged and went to the fresh-kill pile to get a bite to eat. She picked out a squirrel and started to eat it as soon as she laid down.

Owlpaw reached Crowpaw and asked, "What would you like to do today? I'm a bit bored." She then examined the fresh-kill pile and picked out a small mouse to eat. She wasn't really hungry at the moment but she knew that she would be a little more so later on. For now, she would eat something small so she wouldn't starve and then later she would eat something bigger when she was a little hungrier than she was right now.

((my character analysis:

Sandfur - awake and eating

Owlpaw - eating and talking to Crowpaw [need Cowl to reply]

Ravenwing - talking to Darkclaw [still needs broken to reply]

Silverstreak - talking with Violet in Violet's cave

Rowanpelt - sleeping in the warriors den

Ashfur - going to hunt with Bloodclaw

Nightcloud - with Silverfeather and Oreo [still need a response from Cowl on that]))

Edited by Dragonpelt