superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

((the leader calls out the kit, gives her/him a name like Skypaw and then chooses a warrior to be his/her apprentice; warrior ceremony is the mentor of the apprentice talks to the leader about his/her apprentice becoming a warrior and the leader calls that apprentice out and gives him/her a warrior name))

((hm... with wording it, I think it was about 10-15 minutes. However, I might have been multitasking at the time, I don't remember...))

Snowpelt touched her nose, then turned to Starkit; he was not entirely suprised to see that she had been joined by a confused Cometkit. "Your new mother." He mewed quietly.

Cometkit ran over and touched her nose eagerly; Starkit watched her through narrowed eyes. Finally, she nodded abruptly, and started walking back towards Windclan.

"She's accepted you at least." Mewed Snowpelt apologetically.

---

As soon as Starkit was out of sight, she ran all the way to Riverclan. She snuck into the apprentice den, and prodded him on the side, her paw over his mouth. When he shook his head blearily, she motioned for him to follow her outside. "My father has taken another mate." She mewed, confusion and pain in her eyes.

"What?" Exclaimed Moonkit in a whisper. "Are you sure? What happened?"

"He asked her, that's what! He asked her to be his mate, and she said yes!" She mewed, her tail swishing agitatedly. "He's trying to replace her; doesn't he understand that no one can replace her? How oculd he!" She hissed in the generaly direction of where they were, then tossed her head.

Moonkit tipped his head on one side. "Have you thought about what he's feeling right now?"

"I..." started Starkit, but Moonkit interrupted her.

"He just lost his mate. His love. He is feeling alone right now, and even his kits won't support him, they're not even there most of the time." He mewed with a sardonic glance at Starkit. "He's not trying to replace her, and I'd be surprised if he wasn't feeling guilty about taking Sandfur as a mate anyway."

"...as he should!" Interrupted Starkit.

Moonkit glared at her. "Don't you understand? You're not helping, Starkit! He's lonely! He's depressed! And now that he's finally found someone to share his life with, you're saying that he shouldn't be with her, just because YOU hate her?" Moonkit snarled at her. "You are the most selfish, pathetic excuse for a kit I have ever known." He mewed coldly.

"Not that you've known a lot of kits." Starkit muttered sulkily. She sighed, and turned to face him, her eyes full of pain. "I miss her. Nothing is going to change that." She mewed quietly.

"Nothing has to change that." He said gently, stepping forwards, and touching her head to his. "All I'm saying is that you should give your father a chance. You don't have to like her, but at least understand her." He mewed.

Starkit smiled sadly. "You're not so dumb."

Moonkit chuckled. "Not everyone is less clever than you, Starkit. Sometimes you need to listen to other people."

"Thank you Moonkit." She whispered. "Thank you for helping me understand. I'm not going to like her though." She warned, but her just laughed.

"Whatever." He mewed, butting her with his head before walking slowly away.

"Moonkit?" He turned around to see Starkit still standing there. "Goodnight." She mewed, walking slowly back to camp. A million thoughts were going through her head, and she was beginning to get a head-ache. I wish mother was here... what kind of excuse for a medicine at are you? Mother isn't here, take care of yourself. After fetching and swallowing some herbs, she fell into an uneasy sleep.

---

Back in Riverclan, Moonkit dreamt of a strange golden cat who called to him, then turned into five different cats before disapearing.

((I have a book right here. here is the apprentice-to-warrior ceremony. i cant find the kit-to-apprentice ceremony. Leader"I (leader's name here) leader of (clan name here) call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He(or she) has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn. (apprentice's name), do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?" Apprentice"I do." Leader" Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name," leader" (apprentice's name) from this moment you will be known as (Warrior's name here). Starclan honors your courage and independence ans we welcome you as a full warrior of (Clan's name here)." ))

Inside, Skykit was shaking from tail to nose, but outside she calmly followd Dragonstar. She was to be an appentice and apprentices didn't act like kits.

Watching his daughter stride off after Dragonstar, Sunpelt followed behind. He was proud of his daughter; he loved her. He knew that if Riverpelt could have been there, she would be proud of Skykit too. Suddenly a voice sounded in Sunpelt's head, "I am proud of her, love. I have been watching her since she was young, and am proud to say that she has grown well. I am watching the ceremony tonight. Know that I am always beside you, my Sunpelt.

Sunpelt felt a brush of wind and the scent of the river waft around him. "Riverpelt..." he muttered, breathing in the scent.

Skykit felt a small brush of wind, like a cat's paw, brush against her. Stopping she sniffed the air; it smelled of the river. "Mother..." she muttered as she breathed in the scent.

Sandfur smiled as Cometkit touched his nose to hers but then it faded as she watched Starkit walk away. She nodded at Snowpelt's statement and replied, "I know." Then she shrugged and laid down where she had been sitting and started to groom herself. She knew that it would take Starkit awhile to get used to her but she would be patient. She wasn't going to force the kit to like her; that would just make things worse.

((oh well mine is the short version))

Edited by Dragonpelt

[k well imma go do my hmwrk and then i have to go to a halloween party... so i'll have all the characters in wind/shadowclan that need to be updated be updated on monday smile.gif]

((aw okay; does that mean that I'll have to wait for Demonstar's reply to Silverstreak's falling asleep post on Monday as well?))

((The kit-to-apprentice version I think goess like this: I, (leader's name here), leader of the (Clan name here), look on this kit with happy sight. I ask our ancestors to look upon (kit's name here) and watch over him/her. His/her name is now (insert apprentice name here) and (insert mentor here) will be his/her mentor from now till he/she is ready to be a warrior, as deemed by our laws and judgment of his/her mentor. It's something like that I think. Oh, and on the warrior's ceremony don't forget the all night vigil they have to do. The warrior's ceremony is done at sundown I think, the apprentice one at moonhigh.))

((Speaking of, when do my kits get apprenticed tongue.gif))

Snowpelt lay his head on her shoulder. He wasn't all that worried about Starkit; things would turn out eventually, and this time, it would be for the better.

((I don't think that's quite how it goes...but about anyway...))

Edited by yukinflake

((soon probably when lydia gets back; hmm it looks like I'll have to poke broken again))

When Sandfur was done grooming, she smiled at Snowpelt and then turned her attention to the apprentice ceremony that was taking place in the ThunderClan camp right now. She felt happy for the two kits that were going to be apprenticed. Her memories drifted to when she was first apprenticed and let out a happy sigh. It had been moons ago but she still remembered it as if it was yesterday. I wonder if Snowpelt remembers his apprentice ceremony.

[nevermind i'll do it on my hmwrk break... *pokes yukin* you have a preference on your mentor for starkit and cometkit?

@holly: preference for mentor on ravenkit or tawnykit?

@TMD: preference for mentor of goldenkit?

@lydia: warrior name for pandapaw?]

(I was hoping Jadeshine could mentor Tawnykit, and some other WindClan warrior can mentor Ravenkit. And Jadeshine will still be Timberfur's mate, but she's hoping to mentor Tawnykit, and probably retrieve a few memories of kithood. ^^)

Willowpaw bounded into the medicine cat's den, a enormous bundle of marigold in her jaws. She inhaled the fragrant scent, and started sorting them, humming quietly.

(I was hoping Jadeshine could mentor Tawnykit, and some other WindClan warrior can mentor Ravenkit. And Jadeshine will still be Timberfur's mate, but she's hoping to mentor Tawnykit, and probably retrieve a few memories of kithood. ^^)

Willowpaw bounded into the medicine cat's den, a enormous bundle of marigold in her jaws. She inhaled the fragrant scent, and started sorting them, humming quietly.

[so you switched tawnykit to thunderclan?]

(Hm... Wait never mind. Someone else can mentor Tawnykit, and she's in ShadowClan. I keep on thinking Jadeshine's still in ShadowClan~ >.<)

(Hm... Wait never mind. Someone else can mentor Tawnykit, and she's in ShadowClan. I keep on thinking Jadeshine's still in ShadowClan~ >.<)

[ah mkay... so no preferences?]

(Yeah well, can Silkstar mentor Tawnykit? And I suppose I could make Owlwhisper come back to life to mentor Thunderkit, and maybe Icepath as well to mentor Goldenkit?)

(Yeah well, can Silkstar mentor Tawnykit? And I suppose I could make Owlwhisper come back to life to mentor Thunderkit, and maybe Icepath as well to mentor Goldenkit?)

[owlwhisper already mentors pandapaw... icepath... ummm yeah sure smile.gif i was actually planning on having tawnykit be mentored by silkstar... then there's be silkstar x thunderkit probalems and... well you'll see ;P]

((Could Sandfur mentor Starkit? And...Darkclaw mentor Cometkit? tongue.gif If it doesn't work just tell me.))

((I would like Shadestar to mentor him...Like Tigerstar mentored Lionblaze...But Icepath can too,like Lionblaze's mentor in real life...you get the picture....12 HOURS ON THE AP!I got my fill of the dragons,and a ZOMBIE dragon,Usunami...))

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

((that's going to be interesting...anywhos, where's cowl? he needs to post as Silverfeather dry.gif))