superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

[@TMD: oops didn't see that...]

Angelsong grinned and purred. "Dramatic much?" she teased, poking him in the ribs.

((um... you know that WIndclan doesn't even use the hunter's crouch? Have you read the guides? It says that only Thunderclan uses the hunter's crouch... and yes. ninja.gifxd.png And Holly, have you replied as Ravenpaw?))

Edited by yukinflake

((Alright, I'll do it anyway! rolleyes.gif ...but it's not right. xd.png there isn't really enough cover for much creeping and sneaking. Plus... training hollow? blink.gif so much critisism, sorry, but...))

Starkit nodded reluctantly, then after crouching for a moment, spoke up. "Wouldn't it be better to stay still, then just run for the prey?" She commented. "There's not much cover." She stood perfectly still for a moment, pretending that she had seen prey, then dashed after it, and whacked at it with her paw as she passed it.

Edited by yukinflake

((Meh i got confused with TC, okay? I have four chars in there and only two chars in WC xd.png; also I almost got hit today by a stupid car that decided to run a red light))

Sandfur sighed and replied, "I know. We'll go to the woods and try." She then headed towards the woods. Her first training as a mentor, she thought, was going well. She just had to be patient with her.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((So I heard tongue.gif That happens to me a lot when I'm on my bike; no surprise.))

Starkit stopped in her tracks, becoming rapidly bemused with her mentor. "Go to the woods to try the moves which work well with little cover?" She raised one eyebrow. "Or are we just trying out the moves with only work in the tiny percentage of wooded area in Windclan?"

Sandfur stopped and just sat down facing her apprentice. "Then what do you suggest we do?" she asked calmly. She was really getting tired of Starpaw's smart remarks but she knew that she had to put up with them. This is going to be more difficult than I thought it would be. She let out a quiet sigh and just looked at her apprentice.

Starkit was getting frustrated with her mentor. What was she thinking, training in the woods to start? Getting to know enemy-style moves was one thing, but starting off by training there..."I just thought that we'd start somewhere that we'd be a bit more often." She replied, carefully keeping the edge out of her voice. Edited by yukinflake

"Know someplace that we can do that?" Sandfur asked, "Because apparently I don't. Or we could just skip training for today and you can do something else. Like take care of the elders." She then started to head back to camp, shaking in silent anger. She was growing a little frustrated with Starpaw but she wouldn't let it show in front of her.

Starkit narrowed her eyes, then shook out her pelt, relaxing her body. "Well, I suppose if you think that's the best way to start my training, then fine, but I just thought maybe we could go around the territory and practice in the more grassy areas in general." She mewed. "Whatever you think best. You're the mentor." She mewed quietly.

Crossing her eyes, Skypaw saw the sparkle on her nose. "Maybe it is!" She said, looking back excitdly at Leopardpaw. She said, "Come on! We have to show our dads!" Turning she ran out the entrance of the den, cyring, "Dad! Dad!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunpelt looked up at the sound of his daughter's voice and said, "You're late, Skypaw, the sun is quickly rising-" But she cut him off.

"I know, dad, I'm sorry, but look!" She put her paw to her face where it seemed part of the starpelt had fallen on her. "I know it's no excuse for being late, but it's a good reason, seeing as Leopardpaw has the same thing in her pelt." She smiled at her dad. "It's a gift and maybe even an omen from StarClan!"

(Um... did Snowpelt say something? Obviously I missed it. ^^')

Spiritset grinned at Duskstripe, and sighed softly with content. He'd heard Duskstripe say that to him several times, but he never tired of it.

Jadeshine padded into the ThunderClan camp after Spiritset. "Timberfur?" She called softly, her heart aching. Jadeshine paused, stock-still.

Icepath spotted Thunderpaw. "Thunderpaw!" She called. "You're learning night stalking. Now." Icepath demanded. Now was the time to be the stern mentor, she mused. Icepath beckoned her apprentice furiously, and bounded out of the tunnel impatiently.

Tawnypaw yawned, and rubbed her eyes. "Alright." She meowed, stifling a second yawn.

Owlwhisper rolled his eyes. "Goldenpaw, go catch that squirrel over there. I want you to use your instincts. I can teach you how to do it better after that." He directed, tail flicking.

Thunderpaw blinked at Icepath. His tone was harsh, and the words hit Thunderpaw hard, but not as hard as Silkstar's had. "Alright." was his simple answer, and he headed out of camp.

Silkstar led Tawnypaw to a certain clearing in the middle of the forest. "Tawnypaw, here is where we found and cleared out many badger and fox dens. This may just be the most dangerous placein Shadowclan besides near the borders. Now. Your task is to stay here."

Timberfur looked away from the moon and at Jadeshine. "Yeah?" he said. He never noticed before, but Jadeshine looked pretty in the moonlight...

((Um... I think it was "Yes, why don't we explore the territory a bit."))

Sandfur heard what Starpaw said and replied, "It's part of your training. We'll hunt and do battle moves later on when I can find a good spot to do it." She then had her attention be mainly ahead of her, on the now close camp. She wanted to lay down somewhere and just think about how embarrassed she was when she couldn't find a good place to show Starpaw hunting and frustration she felt towards her.

Duskstripe sighed contentedly as well. When they reached camp, she went to a corner to lay down in. She wasn't tired and didn't really want to go into the warriors den just yet. It was a really nice day out and she wanted to enjoy every minute of it.

Rowanpelt had reached the woods and was now trying to scent the scents of prey that she could catch to bring back to RiverClan. After awhile, she scented squirrel and vole and then went after them. She caught the squirrel first and then went after the vole. A few minutes later, she had caught the vole and was bringing it to where she had left the squirrel, picking up both the squirrel and vole, and then heading back to camp.

((just a reminder of who my chars are and the clans they're in: Sandfur and Silverstreak, WC; Ravenwing, Nightcloud and Duskstripe, TC; Ashfur and Rowanpelt, RC; and Jaystreak StarClan but she's an npc))

Edited by Dragonpelt

(@Yukin: Okay~ @Lady: Icepath's a she-cat... In general: Won't be able to go on til' tomorrow, so don't expect me on anytime soon after this post... sad.gif)

Ravenpaw nodded. "Alright." He followed her mentor out into the moors.

Tawnypaw blinked in surprise. "Alright Silkstar." She meowed, settling down in the center of the clearing, and watching the moonrise.

Icepath nodded, leading Thunderpaw deep in the pines. "Now, you start to stalk like this..." She explained, her voice slightly more gentle.

Jadeshine kneaded the ground nervously. "Well... I was thinking..." Her voice was soft, kind, even tender. Jadeshine paused. Might as well let it all out. She leaned in closer to Timberfur, her breath cool on his ear. "I love you," Jadeshine breathed, stepping back. What would Timberfur say? That he hated her, never wanted to see her again? It was too much to hope... would he say he loved her back, and would mend her shattered heart?

Spiritset curled up next to Duskstripe, and began to groom her with smooth, rhythmic strokes.

Starpaw shrugged. "Alright." She mewed, then waiting until she was out of sight, ran to find Moonkit.

To her surprise, he was already outside of camp. "Hey Starkit." He mewed, smiling.

"Actually, it's Starpaw now." She mewed proudly.

"Oh." He replied, his face falling. She's an apprentice already? I'll never be an apprentice; no one respects me.

Starpaw hesitated. "You didn't... Moonkit!" She licked his ear sympathetically, but he drew away. "Oh, don't be mad, I'd trade places with you in an instant." She mewed. "Besides, as a kit, no one blames you for anything!" She added mischeviously.

He shot her a grateful glance. "So, what brings you here?"

"Oh." She frowned. "My first lesson with Sandfur was a disaster, well, not even a lesson. She told me to clean out the elders' den until she could find a better place to practice moves. Only because I was kind of getting frustrated with her, and questioned her authority though." She admitted. "But she was doing the weirdest things! Why do I have to be her apprentice?" She demanded fiercly. Then she cringed under Moonkit's glare. "I'm sorry, but she's just... too much." She sighed, and sat down.

Moonkit smiled. Starpaw certainly was a character. "I'm not going to tell you this every time you complain, but do try to be nice to Sandfur."

"I know." She mewed.

"What, that I won't tell you everytime you complain?" He teased.

"Oh yes!" Replied Starpaw, laughing, and she cuffed his ear with her paw before retreating a safe distance. "I'd better go. I have the elders' den to clean out." She mewed, making a face.

"Bye, Starpaw." Mewed Moonkit, watching her go sadly.

Moonkit padded back to his den, and went to find Merlinpaw. "How come I'm not an apprentice yet?" He asked, bewilderment creeping into his eyes.

"I'm sure that Icestar will deal with it... eventually."

"Eventually..." Moonkit sighed.

"I know it seems like a long time away, but it'll happen soon. Maybe by then, Foxpaw and I will be warriors, and one of us could apprentice you."

"That would be cool." Moonkit waved his tail, then went to the nursery.

---

Snowpelt passed Sandfur with Ravenpaw, but he didn't miss the bad temper that came off her like clouds of dust. "Bad training session?" He muttered to himself. "Alright Ravenpaw, smell the air. What scents are there?" He asked the young apprentice.

Edited by yukinflake

Duskstripe purred as she felt Spiritset groom her. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the time she spent with him. She knew that she would always enjoy the time she spent with him. She then laid her head down on her paws, her eyes still closed as she felt the smooth, rhythmic strokes.

When Sandfur reached the camp, she went straight to a corner and just cried. She knew that her first day as a mentor didn't go well and that it was her fault. She hoped that it would get better and that Starpaw wouldn't give her such a hard time the next time they trained. She then laid her head on her paws with her eyes closed as she tried hard not to think about what had occurred just moments before.

[@holly : oh ... plus don't you think that's a bit soon? o_O they've barely gotten any time together...]

Goldenpaw dashed back to Owlwhisper,feeling a pang of sadness for Thunderpaw.He wasn't going to be happy,and if he wasn't happy,he would never be a warrior.When he reached Owlwhisper,he jumped up."Let's get going !"he mewed.

Whitefire shook his head."Dramatic?I'll show you dramatic!"he said,making Angelsong and him tumble around in the grass.Dirt scattered everywhere,making his white pelt dusty brown.

Foxpaw padded over where Wolfpaw and Etherealpaw were at the fresh kill pile.She layed down next to her brother,who was munching on a rabbit.Etherealpaw stared blankly at her squirrel,flicking her tail.She layed down next to her picking a bird from the pile.When the only noise was her brother gulping down his rabbit,she turned to Etherealpaw."So how's your training going?"she asked.Etherealpaw turned to her,her amber eyes full of grief."demonstar didn't even train with me once.He keeps saying he'll train with me the next day,but her never does."she meowed,starting to tear at her squirrel furiously.Foxpaw turned back to her bird,delicatly ripping the feathers from the fresh kill.Wolfpaw licked his lips."Maybe Demonstar would train with you today,Etherealpaw.If not,we could always ask Silverstreak or Whitefire if you could come with us."he suggested,scuffling closer to her.

(Yay!Finally know how to color!Okay,chart.

Etherealpaw=red

Whitefire=gray

Goldenpaw=gold(duhXD)

Foxpaw=orange

Wolfpaw=blue

Shadestar=purple

)

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Dragonstar blinked when he saw the two apprentices"like they said..three star spangled ones will save the forest. one will be from an enemy clan."he muttered, then he padded up to Leopardpaw and nuzzled her"you look just like Starpelt when it is shining bright in the moonless sky."he said quietly. "Daddy! I saw a black cat with star shaped silver patches on her fur in my dreams, and her eyes were a deep violet. Who is that?" she asked.

Starfur went over to Callixtepaw and said"cheer up, they'll get used to you sooner or later, cause now your the medicine cat apprentice."she said.

Angelsong giggled as her wihte pelt got a dirty brown colour to it as well. "She playfully bit his muzzle and giggled. "Grrr. Fear me!" she teased with secuding eyes.

Silkstar nodded. "Okay. You're going to spend three days out here. You are not to contact any Shadowclan warriors or apprentices. I will speak to everyone everyday. If anyone sees you, you fail. You cannot enter camp. You must hunt for your own food." she had been giving Tawnypaw a scrutinizing glare the entire time she had spent with her, this softened into a loving glance. "Good luck." she said, and turned to head back to Shadowclan.

[hawhawhaw xd.png i'm so evil... smile.gif dun worry... after this Silkstar will soften up ;P]

Thunderpaw studied Icepath with a calculating look. No anger, no resentment, no happiness and no excitement. A simply noncommittal, watchful gaze.

((yes, you are; alright happy.gif...*sighs* broken! and cowl! post!!! ninja.gif))

Edited by Dragonpelt