Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

i wish catalyst was out now, i just want to play as a worg. but i think the game has gotten to be too easy lately. it used to be that you needed a healer in every instance run near your level now you can go through most with out any, and since my favorite character i played was a resto druid it got boring just clicking one button every 20 seconds

guild just killed saurfang smoothly! We are now working on festergut trash

Im tired of lvling up lowbies and im only on my second character! Instances are a drag, I might as well have an 80 friend run me through because the gear never drops and it takes forever to get a group. And then i wind up with noobs with bad gear that think they know everything and end up wiping us. I did Deadmines the other day on my lowbie lock and we wiped 1nce and then every1 tried to kick every1 else out of the group for no apparent reason. aside from lowbie drama, the game is awesome. havent done much pvp recently so i probably would get owned in wintergrasp because im so out of practice pvping. ive been pveing and questing since lvl 49 and havent done ne bgs at all.

Hahaha, Con, the higher levels you achieve the more people want a healer (heck, they want a healer anyway). Because if you DON'T have a healer when going through a high-level instance or raid.. you are GUARANTEED to die. A lot. That's what happened to my boyfriend and his group when they ended up with a carppy healer. The healer insisted on only healing them once they got near to 0 HP, and they all wiped. So they kicked 'em out and got a new healer. c:

And uugggh, yeah Queen, the LFG option is great and all but it SUCKS when you end up with carppy people. My bf and I use it a lot, and when we got to the Deadmines we had a tank who didn't know how to tank, a hunter that didn't know he can revive his own pet, and a rogue that THOUGHT she could tank. It was horrible. Dx Especially for my boyfriend, who was the shaman healer.

Edited by MellaBella

And uugggh, yeah Queen, the LFG option is great and all but it SUCKS when you end up with carppy people. My bf and I use it a lot, and when we got to the Deadmines we had a tank who didn't know how to tank, a hunter that didn't know he can revive his own pet, and a rogue that THOUGHT she could tank. It was horrible. Dx Especially for my boyfriend, who was the shaman healer.

our healer kept complaining the whole time bcuz she had to "heal a lot" and some1 said thats wat instances are all about and she said o i didnt know that. our tank didnt no how 2 tank, we had a hunter and shaman that did only melee attacks and didnt do any ranged and the shaman just auto attacked the whole time. i ended up tanking so much i summoned my voidwalker and pretty much tanked the whole instance after the first boss. the next group, we had the same hunter and shaman, same healer, with a different tank that knew wat he was doing, but he kept pulling tons of guys and he couldnt hold aggro, so once when i almost died, didnt have ne pots and had alrdy used healthstone, i feared 1 guy and killed the rest and then killed the guy i feared, and the tank said plz dont fear so i said plz hold aggro. it also stinks as a lowbie cuz if u dont have BoA gear, u get owned by others in pvp. i havent gotten BoA gear for my lock cuz my main needs the badges.

my 72 mage is much more fun, im lvling her with my older bro, he knows a lot about WoW ( he has 14 lvl 80s. sheesh!) so each quest is fairly quick and each instance we do we complete w/o ne wipes. its nice to jump from my frustrating lowbie to my main

Hahaha, Con, the higher levels you achieve the more people want a healer (heck, they want a healer anyway). Because if you DON'T have a healer when going through a high-level instance or raid.. you are GUARANTEED to die. A lot. That's what happened to my boyfriend and his group when they ended up with a carppy healer. The healer insisted on only healing them once they got near to 0 HP, and they all wiped. So they kicked 'em out and got a new healer. c:

actually, at lower levels rogues in full boa gear are capable of tanking. They pull more threat, and they have more health, than a tank without boa gear. At lower levels avoidance is a non issue because everyone has about the same avoidance and defense anyway, with no gear to make it better. After, say, deadmines or wailing caverns, or really, whenever a tank starts getting their HP up, the "official" tank will be better, but at lower levels the boa gear gives the rogue more of the stats needed for a low level tank than an "official" tank who doesn't have boa stuff. Personally, I find it more irritating to have a healer who refuses to heal the rogue tank. Because a rogue in full boa gear has NO threat reductions at a low level. they WILL peal aggro off the tank because the tank is not equipped to hold aggro when a rogue in full boa gear is AUTO attacking, let alone using any moves. People who refuse to adapt to this situation, and who blame the rogue for being better geared, are idiots. It's not his fault you don't have an 80 yet to send boa gear to your tank.......

Edited by Layn

Hahaha, too bad that rogue didn't make a good tank in the least bit.

Yeah, they pulled aggro. Too MUCH aggro. That rogue somehow pulled around 20 guys on it, then it ran back to the healer (my bf) because she was dying waaay fast (because she had carp armor) and didn't understand that the healer can heal from a DISTANCE, then the healer died, and then the hunter tried to melee, the tank went AFK, and.. yeah, you get the idea.

Yeah, a low-level anything can be a tank. If they know how. Too bad no one in that group knew how.

i play it once in awhile. still kinda a noob at it. my name is Tanadria lvl 71 hored hunter. sever Khadgar. i have more too but i dont play them that much

Yeesh, what kind of healers do you guys GET in oldworld instances? My baby druid heals 80% of the time through instances, it's NOT hard to fill the green bars when they start going down... Up until like Uldaman I was just throwing Rejuv on the tank and following people around to vacuum up loot. And healing the warlock when he life taps. And curing poisons and decursing. That was... about it. Never wiped, never had to res anyone, in battle or otherwise.

Then I hit BRD and found tanks that couldn't hold aggro over their healer. Barkskin + Mara = BFF :V

Edited by Lythiaren

I got lich king to 60%.

And by that I mean my druid healer with 232 gear and a 213 cloak did.

Not my hunter with 264, 251, and a couple 245 pieces. Angryface.

Then everything I wanted in ICC 10 for my hunter dropped while I was on my druid and dklsajdklhsaihwiugiuqweghiuqwhjkdsabjkcbsahjgiasuysaiudsay /cry

I got lich king to 60%.

And by that I mean my druid healer with 232 gear and a 213 cloak did.

Not my hunter with 264, 251, and a couple 245 pieces. Angryface.

Then everything I wanted in ICC 10  for my hunter dropped while I was on my druid and dklsajdklhsaihwiugiuqweghiuqwhjkdsabjkcbsahjgiasuysaiudsay /cry

everything my pally wanted dropped for my pally. I was the only pally healer in the raid.

I took great pleasure in linking everything at my guild's holy pally. Not that I'm normally mean to people, but after having to call two ICCs in a row early due to him leaving after Saurfang (no one on our server trusts groups looking for people after Saurfang) everyone's kinda annoyed at him. For this week's ICC I told his mother that what he was doing was rude, and asked her to put chili pepper in his bed if he didn't stay the duration. Surprisingly, he stayed.....

Edited by Layn

Wewt!!!! Me and my guild just downed Lich King (10 man) last night! biggrin.gif

Linked for hugeness biggrin.gif

Took us 3 days of constant work on him ^~^ I'm teh cute lil pally in the front row biggrin.gif

Edited by Tyracia

ribo: nice! I'm signed up...hope I get it...

Tyracia: grats!

My guild's working on LK 10, gotten to phase 3 but we're having a little trouble keeping a consistent group. I'm a dk tank and I have the highest health in our guild so I like tanking LK myself for the Soul Reaper hits but if the other tank's a warrior we run into problems because he has trouble holding multiple ghouls....so if my offtank's a pally I get to tank LK, otherwise I have to do adds. The val'kyr are a real pain too.

I'm assuming your talking about the transition. The silence will make it hard for him to keep aggro immediatly after the transition so you could call out for the DPS to go after LK for a little bit until your war is ready. That what we have to do cause we have a DK mt and a war ot.

No, I'm not talking about the transition...I'm talking about phase 1, you have the shambling horrors and then the little army of the dead ghouls. The warrior I was tanking with was having trouble hanging onto enough ghouls to get the disease's stack high enough to kill the horror...our unholy dk and a couple others were pulling off of him. So I has to tank the horror because my diseases (plus howling blast and whatever) can more than hold them against any incidental aoe from the dps.

Ok i have to say it.

I hait the BOA gear.

I do have a 80 that i'v played since pre BC and she is parked as i lvl up a few other classes just to see what the non warlock side of wow is like.

I like PVP most of the time. but when i'm on my world drop lvl 19 twink thats almost all blues and has a gear score of 75. i get my rear handed to me by a total noob in his class but he has a gear score of 1500 thanks to the BoA's. so it doesn't really matter that he's just mashing keys with his face. 2 shots and i'm dead.

that and the ppl that are only in the BG to lvl and still are wearing the starting zone gear. WTF.

i'm looking forward to Cat just cuz i'm tired of doing the same quests and doing quests that i don't have to do, like class quests.

by the time you get the quest, you already have the skill or better gear then what the reward is.

Uh. So from what I understand, your level 19 twink is getting rolled by people in heirlooms. So whatever is stopping you from, oh I don't know... getting your own heirlooms?

It's not like heroics are hard.

At all.

i stopped playing the Endgame stuff, i did it when lvl 60 was max, then again at lvl 70 and i got as far as Ulduar at lvl 80 and now i'm just tired of the gear grind. i like questing, but i like pvp better. mostly because i don't know whats going to happen.

besides it takes the fun out of it if all i have to do is grind (yuck) on my 80 for badges to get this gear that removes the need for skill.

Wait, what.

Seriously? You don't want to get rolled on your twink, okay. But you don't want to play on your 80 to get at the good stuff that will prevent that? Really. You want to have the good gear that will always be the best gear, always? Sorry, but this game changes and evolves. This is why we have expansions and patches. WoW is very much an environment of "Change or stagnate. Keep moving or die". If you don't want to adapt... then I suggest making good friends with the floor? :|

I mean since you're so into PvP, what's stopping you from running Wintergrasp or SotA or IoC on your 80 for the PvP heirlooms? It's still PvP. It's just with a wider variety in gearsets. It's not as grindy as it looks. :|

I would like to add that when I played WoW I found Wintergrasp waaay more fun than any of the other PVP places (especially EotS and SotA)

I don't even know what IoC is because I quit so long ago sad.gif

/shrug.

I don't want to play my 80. and your right this is an evolving game. I don't have to like all the aspects of the evolution though. like all the lore that is being left behind by speeding up the lvling process. you miss a lot of the story if all you do is speed to end game.

and again your right, its not hard to get the gear, it's tedious. if you want to raid you need gear, you can get the gear by raising you rep with the various factions or by running heroics. if your guild doesn't have a heroics team, you do randoms.

and i'v met such nice ppl in randoms, at all lvls.

then tomorrow you do it again.

no thanks,

i'll just grumble and remember my glory days like a old vet.

user posted image

note the gear smile.gif