Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

[Tons of loot drama]

So.

Much.

Anger.

Wait... couldn't you guys put in a scam petition? The ML went against the loot rules, right? And they were clearly stated at the beginning of the raid for all the pugs like you're supposed to do, right? If so, put in a scam petition and get the ninja ML in trouble. It'll save your guild's rep too.

------

I've been kinda following the Cata stuff, mostly watching druid changes (I seriously hope Nom Nom Nom stays as the name) and I saw TotalBiscuit's coverage of the new Mulgore starting stuff... but I haven't really been looking into the 80-85 quests. But only becuase I'm not too fond of spoilers. >>

All that aside... I preordered my CE today. :D

Edited by Lythiaren

Wait... couldn't you guys put in a scam petition? The ML went against the loot rules, right? And they were clearly stated at the beginning of the raid for all the pugs like you're supposed to do, right? If so, put in a scam petition and get the ninja ML in trouble. It'll save your guild's rep too.

------

I've been kinda following the Cata stuff, mostly watching druid changes (I seriously hope Nom Nom Nom stays as the name) and I saw TotalBiscuit's coverage of the new Mulgore starting stuff... but I haven't really been looking into the 80-85 quests. But only becuase I'm not too fond of spoilers. >>

All that aside... I preordered my CE today. biggrin.gif

Everyone else was like " NO NO THEY'LL JUST SEE THAT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE RUN WE SAID IN CHAT THAT TRINKETS WERE GIVEN OUT IF YOU'RE GOOD HERPADERP"

I honestly don't know who was supposed to get the trinket anymore. :|

But they can see the combat log, they can parse it to see who performed the best and if the ML didn't perform well, then clearly he was in violation of the loot rules. At the very least don't let him keep stolen gear!

Edited by Lythiaren

Going to pre order Cata when I go back to college next friday. Been waiting because I want to pre order at the Gamestop near my college, which is where I will be in november or october.

Hay gais my guild got server first Yogg 0. |D

Sadly I was not in the raid due to my frequent connection issues... but one of the two recent server transfers exploded after they finished because he realized he needed to wait 6 months before being eligible for realm firsts. ><

The other one was perfectly fine with it. I don't know what the priest's deal was. Yeesh.

Edited by Lythiaren

Well it looks like that issue is over with. ._. but now there's another one.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...&sid=1&pageNo=1

So it looks like I'll be having to find a new guild soon! D:

Looking at the Skylawl forums there are two guilds I can app to:

The best horde-side guild on my server or one I know nothing about.

Blargh

Edited by Happyface

My boyfriend is going to pre-order the special edition Cataclysm.. complete with Cataclysm (duh), DVD on how they did it, a sountrack, an in-game pet, and a mousepad. If there's more, I forget.

BUT IT ALL SOUNDS AWESOME.

My boyfriend is going to pre-order the special edition Cataclysm.. complete with Cataclysm (duh), DVD on how they did it, a sountrack, an in-game pet, and a mousepad. If there's more, I forget.

BUT IT ALL SOUNDS AWESOME.

The normal edition cover looks more awesome.

biggrin.gif

True true. But come on. XD You've gotta admit that the extra stuff is amazing.

Cataclysm...

Time to crank out my old shaman.

Well it looks like that issue is over with. ._. but now there's another one.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...&sid=1&pageNo=1

So it looks like I'll be having to find a new guild soon! D:

Looking at the Skylawl forums there are two guilds I can app to:

The best horde-side guild on my server or one I know nothing about.

Blargh

Jegus. I only read the first page and... wow. "You should thank Eyonix for taking your bad alts through ICC"? What the censorkip.gif? Some people have the ego stick rammed a little too far up their rear ends.

I'd say gquit and shoot for the stars. Go for the top progression guild and tell them you're disgusted with this recent flare of underhanded, juvenile behaviour when it comes to loot.

Or server transfer to Kirin Tor and play with me. :V

Edited by Lythiaren

Jegus.  I only read the first page and... wow.  "You should thank Eyonix for taking your bad alts through ICC"?  What the censorkip.gif?  Some people have the ego stick rammed a little too far up their rear ends.

I'd say gquit and shoot for the stars.  Go for the top progression guild and tell them you're disgusted with this recent flare of underhanded, juvenile behaviour when it comes to loot.

Or server transfer to Kirin Tor and play with me. :V

I apped to that awesome guild.

I copy pasted my app into Word and it was 5 1/2 pages long.

Mella Bella is my witness, I made her read it. biggrin.gif

How is your guild on Kirin Tor if I actually do have to transfer to get into a guild? :\ Also you're horde right? D: ALSO WHAT IS YOUR NAME ON WOW D: Also when do you raid.

So many questions

Edited by Happyface

We're fighting for top horde progression because Kirin Tor has a couple of Alliance guilds that are much higher up the worldwide rankings. Working on ICC hardmodes (I think we're 5/12 or 6/12 heroic right now?), took a detour back to Ulduar this week to steal server first Yogg0. XD

I'll send you links via PM. :D

Edited by Lythiaren

Gratz on the Yogg0 kill, got mine(server first) back when TotGC was first released. Also got my Light of Dawn title last Wednesday, wasn't our first kill but being a resto druid I got royally ****ed over by Blizzard and their failure in boss mechanics. 5+months of clearing ICC and the Heroics to be told that I couldn't be in for HLK because my class was useless for the fight until the 30% buff.

I play on a private server, since I can't buy the game. A lot of things are bugged, but I enjoy the game very much. I've tried a number of different realms on it, one is "Retail-Like" and the other is high rate. And then there are funrealms, those get boring fast.

My favorite class so far is Hunter, but I also like druids a lot. I'm Horde, through and through =P

Though.. Once my server gets Cata.. I'm going to use a Worgen.. *Grumbles* Horde shoulda got them...

Lore wise it makes a lot more sense for the Worgen to be Alliance then Horde. Goblins to belong with the horde considering their past dealings with the Horde. I'm personally glad that they're keeping true to *most* of the old lore.

Playing on a private server is dangerous, Blizzard just won an 88million lawsuit to shut down one of the major companies that supports and offers private servers. Not only can you be IP banned from playing ANY Blizzard game again, you can also be sued for stealing from them even if you aren't the person running the server.

Yeah it makes no sense lorewise for Horde to get worgen, unfortunately. I was upset at first too, but... who allies with a faction that spent years slaughtering your people with gleeful abandon? They've been under seige by the Forsaken for a long time, they're not going to just be like "oh hey let's be pals", they're going to go for someone with that mutual enemy.

Edited by Lythiaren

They've been under seige by the Forsaken for a long time, they should be like "oh hey let's be pals", and then the Forsaken will be like " Okay sorry buddy :( <3 " and they'll love each other forever and horde will have more furries and it will be awesome.

Fixed.

Hrm.. True. but they're also apparently bloodthirsty, crazed druids who got lost in their forms. Doesn't sound too Alli to me.

Uh.

No, they're not. At least, not anymore. It's a curse. The original worgen may have been Druids of the Scythe, but worgen as we know them today are Arugal's cursed worgen.

Edited by Lythiaren

I hate the fact that Greymane uses the Alliance and allies with them when there's something in it for him. He abandoned the Alliance after the second war and even during the war he offered little to no support to them. The only support that was offered in the third war was a group of soldiers who couldn't stand by and let the Burning Legion destroy everything, they weren't even sent by Greymane he was just content to stay behind his wall and watch as the world burned. The fact that they were so welcomed into the Alliance as worgen is only because the night elves feel responsible for them since they were the ones that created the curse in the first place. I seriously doubt that Varian is happy to have them in the Alliance, just based on the past betrayals and inconsistencies with Greymane's behavior. I'd like to know why Greymane is standing in the throne room with Varian and theres no quest or no indication as to what Varian is going to do about it, theres no way that Varian pulled a 180 with his attitude and high on himself persona just because of what happened to Bolvar which he isn't even supposed to know about.

Hell I play horde and I still think that this is seriously messed up.

Edited by Mishia

theres no way that Varian pulled a 180 with his attitude and high on himself persona just because of what happened to Bolvar which he isn't even supposed to know about.

To be fair it's sort of put on display in Dalaran and leaked onto the internet. I think it's safe to say everyone knows what happened to Bolvar.

:D

Edited by Happyface

I didn't get into the guild I apped to because I'm too young.

They said it was more well written than people twice my age, but people are uncomfortable with the subject matter they talk about being heard/seen by someone my age.

I am so upset right now.

That's right, I double posted. Ugh

Edited by Happyface

No I'm not talking about players, that statue was put in the game for players, I am talking strictly about Warcraft lore and NO player or item put in the game to be used or seen by a player has ever made an impact on the story. No major NPC other then Tirion knows what truly happened to Bolvar. That was the ending of Arthas' story it was the way they ended the WotLK expansion(RS is part of the prologue to Cataclysm). If the people, the NPCs, knew what happened and knew there was another Lich King the world would never be at peace. There has to be another Lich King and I doubt Varian would be happy knowing that it was Bolvar, if you know any lore you know that Bolvar and Varian were really close, Bolvar raised Anduin like he was his own son. He would probably order the Alliance to kill him. The story then wouldn't continue and we would be stuck in a perpetual state. Bolvar asked Tirion to keep it a secret and I don't think he would betray Bolvar's trust. Varian doesn't know anything, it might come up in the future if Bolvar is corrupted the same way Arthas was but I don't think that we will be revisiting Northrend any time soon.

No I'm not talking about players, that statue was put in the game for players,

That was a joke.