Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

which is why I am secretly planning to move away from the country as soon as I graduate to get away from the strain of being cheerful and polite to people who tell me who ON A VIDEO GAME I can and cannot interact with, based on how good the people are at playing the game (the better they are, the less I am allowed to talk to them)

Layn, alli, in guild Demons of the Soul.

Only now I'm on one of my secret alts on Draenor. None of my guildies know it exists....

and if no one in the guild is online, I will be shocked. there are ALWAYS people online....

Edited by Layn

*shifty eyes* Huuurrr I started playing WoW again after a long hiatus. I started up a couple of new characters to get used to the controls again. Belf Huntard and Forsaken Rogue. c:

And for my lv 24 Belf Mage, what would be a good place to quest? Any place other than Tarren Mill? :/ I freakin' HATE Tarren Mill with a BURNING, FIERY PASSION.

run a few random dungeons, you'll level up fast without having to quest at all

Well, thing is that I'd prefer to solo as much as possible. And if I DO do dungeons, I'd rather be with my friends than with some idiots who don't know what they're doing (one time I was with a group where the Rogue tried to be a TANK uggghhh). My friends are rarely on at the same time I am, so that's a difficulty also. :c Sigh.

Have you tried Ashenvale or south Barrens?

I've tried the southern Barrens, yes.. not Ashenvale, however. HMM.

I'll try s-Barrens again and then Ashenvale and see how they are for me. If not I guess I'll just do the dungeon idea, however much I dislike it. :P

Leveling sucks at this level, grr.

@Layn: whoops, thought I'd replied to this already. ^^; Sorry for the delay!

She's being stubborn about gaming with folks she doesn't know (well guess I can't say much there..), but I let her know about your offer. Turns out her guildmates are all folks she knows in RL, so she's reluctant to leave them behind to steadily play another character on another server.

I have no room to talk when it comes down to being a sucktastic WoW player though so trust me; if she pops over there to learn from ya, she won't be taking any steps back. wink.gif I know the basic game and most of the classes- but only from a strictly utility PvE aspect. I don't raid or PvP so those are completely foreign areas of the game to me; I hardly ever even work with a full group. (This is why I found it just so sad she was learning so much from me in that one sitting. *facepalm*)

---

@MellaBella: Well grinding in WoW is a pretty inefficient way to level in most cases; and most of the zones currently in your level range will make it very hard to work at the distance you need to keep a mage alive, especially if you're still playing fire spec. They tend to be very crowded and have lots of things like trees, rocks and inclines to mess with your line of sight short of the Barrens. Once you're nearing your 30s, I'd recommend heading to Desolace; for now, that area is pretty wide open so you'll be able to make the most of your range.

If you hate questing to level though, take my word on this: Outland and Northrend are going to be very painful. The xp gains from monsters are significantly reduced once you get out of your 30s; once you're into the 60s and up, they drop even further. Since each expansion area is supposed to be stretched between a ten level span, they scaled back the XP so the players wouldn't fill five or ten levels in just one or two parts of it and not bother with the rest.

Edited by Kyrieath

That's why I hate questing at my level right now. >____< The dense hilly forests make me feel SUPER NERVOUS, and I always turn around every few steps to make sure nothing is coming up for a surprise attack. I hate doing it, which is why I love the Barrens so much. BIG, WIDE OPEN SPACES. |D

Siiggh, I guess I'll have to make my friends get on WoW when I do so we can do dungeons without having dummies in our group. Once I'm done doing my current quests, that is. >__>; Reputatiiooon.

haha, well, we don't bite : )

and we know a great deal about raiding, and have some pvpers. Raiding is pretty simple, really, all it involves is having the right spec and knowing what to do.

@MellaBella: Just rotate your camera around while you're questing; after the Peninsula in Outland, I never leave my camera to a fixed few. >.> Freakin' Felreavers have a stealth mode; I swear they do.

-----

@Layn: Hehe- I'll pass that on. smile.gif

I don't know that she'll take too well to that- she really doesn't have the time for the raiding, but right now she'd be bigger PvP bait than even me (which is saying something). Personally I never got into the raiding scene; I don't like the idea of having to make a commitment to a schedule on a game. Kills some of the fun factor when I absolutely have to do stuff/be at this place at this time.

eh

the whole idea is, if you have ten people logging on at the same time each week and raiding together each week, you can progress farther than you can by just looking for different groups each week, because you become used to working together

Bleh, I don't do raids/PvP stuff either. :/ I like WATCHING raids though. Freaking hilarious, lawls. (Really, raids are common on my side. Alliance practically owns our server. D: Ugh.)

Thinking about making a Shaman. I thought being a Shammy was really fun as a Draenei, but since I don't do Ally anymore... yeah.

..if you can't tell, I have ALTism. :P Keep making a billion alts because I get bored if I don't absolutely love it. So let's see, Troll or Tauren Shammy..

I wish I could play WoW again. I freaking love this game! Omg...

I got to 70 with a few chars and had a bazillion more. My best time leveling to 10 in the Draenei area was 1hr 24min. I LOVED it! Lothvin was a bear (Healadin tongue.gif)

My fav spot was Felwood and Winterspring. I would grind levels 40-60 there every single character.

Oh man. I really wanna play again, lol!

Edited by Camfield

If you want info on quests go to wowhead.com the put in the search box the quest name

: O

must find someone else to recruit!

@layn: *L* I was never able to accumulate that many people to play with on a given basis; and raid guilds always seem to develop that 'part of the machine' mentality, least so far as I'd ever seen. I just stick to RP servers these days; far less competitive environment.

@Mellabella: I'm with you on the alt-itis; I'm spread across three different servers (thankfully my partner's just as bad). Some thirty something characters though only a few are 'seriously' played. Only classes I could never get anywhere with are Warriors and Warlocks.

Draenei shamans are quite fun; particularly for elemental builds. Haven't tried horde side ones yet.

Derp, I started an Orc warlock. I like them better than the signature Forsaken warlocks simply because they have STAVES to start with. Yeeaah staves yeeeaaah. |D Hahaha.

And guuyys, which do you all prefer? Barrens or Ghostlands? :/

I think all the casting classes start with staves now, actually. I know my new priest did instead of the maces they used to get.

I personally prefer Ghostlands, but that has everything to do with a distinct dislike in how messily a lot of old Azeroth's lower zones are put together.

Really? Because when I started a Forsaken warlock not too long ago it still started with the single dagger.

Stupid dagger.

Yep; they did that a patch or two ago I think, along with taking the autoattack off their bar and eliminating the baby end food and drink.

Huh, everything else was changed but the weapon when I made my Forsaken warlock. O__o That's.. really weird. Huh.

Let me make another one and see if it does the same..