Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

apparently 5226 Gear Score is not enough for ToGC or ICC. However, those are the only places where upgrades drop.

...frost...wrym...?

WHERE?! MUST HAVE!!

...*coughs* I mean...where is this mount? I am quite curious. *shifty eyes*

Glory of the Icecrown Raider. *_*

apparently 5226 Gear Score is not enough for ToGC or ICC. However, those are the only places where upgrades drop.

Are you talking about other players saying thats not enough? Pft...more than I have. In my opinion, gear score isn't important. It's just a rough estimate. There's a druid in my guild with a nice gearscore (he's in at least T9 gear), and he sucks. He doesn't know how to play his class me thinks.

Player's knowledge is more important than gearscore to me.

Are you talking about other players saying thats not enough? Pft...more than I have. In my opinion, gear score isn't important. It's just a rough estimate. There's a druid in my guild with a nice gearscore (he's in at least T9 gear), and he sucks. He doesn't know how to play his class me thinks.

Player's knowledge is more important than gearscore to me.

This is a true fact.

However, player skill is not as important when you're trying ot get into other groups and all the raid leaders say it's not enoguh

Trust me I know how that goes. Sorta. I try to do stuff with my guild moreso than pugging stuff. But sometimes my guild leader is stubborn and doesn't want to set up the weekly raid =( So i'm forced to pug it.

Honestly I haven't had much trouble yet when it comes to people declining me after looking at my gearscore. I think it's because not a lot of people on my server check GS before inviting people. They just believe me when I say I can pull 5-6k dps lol. But I do pull that much so...cha. Not like I'm lying. *shifty eyes*

o.O Layn are people not letting you into icc with 5200? That's ridiculous, my mage has been in and she's at 4900. Not only that, I don't even really know how to play her anymore tongue.gif

You people still play Wow? It's a great game, but after they made everything so easy to get it lost it's point. I was a Troll rogue, but as fun as it was I wasted 3 years playing this game. I'd like to know what you people still see in it.

I quite WoW a few weeks ago, and took up City of Heroes instead. I never managed to level my character to eighty, 'cause this game just isn't for me.

You people still play Wow? It's a great game, but after they made everything so easy to get it lost it's point. I was a Troll rogue, but as fun as it was I wasted 3 years playing this game. I'd like to know what you people still see in it.

Sometimes it's all in who you play it with. smile.gif

o.O Not sure why that attitude is called for...

Yes, some things have been made easier, but it's still a fun game and one of the most in-depth MMO's of it's kind. And yes Kyrieath, I agree...the fact that I play it with my boyfriend definitely helps keep it fun for me.

o.O Not sure why that attitude is called for...

Yes, some things have been made easier, but it's still a fun game and one of the most in-depth MMO's of it's kind. And yes Kyrieath, I agree...the fact that I play it with my boyfriend definitely helps keep it fun for me.

See I mostly like to play RPGs with my boyfriend, it's a fin sociable thing to do, but I've found with pretty much every MMO that at the mid- to higher- levels you simply can't do ti with just the two of you. And I'm not up for joining guilds or other parties, so I've just dropped the lot. We're sticking to Neverwinter for our multiplayering, and DragonAge to single play side-by-side in companionable silence.

Warriors and shadow-priests suck.

Warriors take absolutely zero skill. charge + lolbladestormlol.

Seriously, it's stupid as hell. Because you can't kite them anymore.

Shadow priests just dot you and then do the little shadow ball move and then sit there, because you can't kill them in that form, but they can kill you because of the dots.

Warriors are generally worse than paladins. Paladins can't be slowed, but if you can do it for a short amount of time you can get away from them. and kill them. Warriors just charge and lolbladestormlol.

I'm a hunter, so naturally I'm useless if they're close to me.

Sometimes it's all in who you play it with. smile.gif

fix'd. >>

Angry raid leaders are great for a laugh, but only when you're not the one getting yelled at. My guild frequently jokes about how we're like the only hardcore raiding guild in the world that doesn't freak out when we wipe. Wiping is part of progression; if you don't wipe on a new and unfamiliar boss, somebody at Blizzard is doin it wrong. You play games to enjoy yourself, and if you wind up playing with people who suck all the enjoyment out, you're probably playing with the wrong people.

Besides, soloing to 80 is boring.

Edited by Lythiaren

i have a blood elf pally =p and i cant get him geared cuz no one wants to play with an ungeared pally, its quite rediculous and annoying

See I mostly like to play RPGs with my boyfriend, it's a fin sociable thing to do, but I've found with pretty much every MMO that at the mid- to higher- levels you simply can't do ti with just the two of you. And I'm not up for joining guilds or other parties, so I've just dropped the lot. We're sticking to Neverwinter for our multiplayering, and DragonAge to single play side-by-side in companionable silence.

I can't speak so much for other MMO's, but in WoW you can definitely level 1-80 with two of you. You can't do the group quests or dungeons, but those things aren't necessary to level.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to join a guild though...I mean, there will be some hits and some misses but I've made some real friends on wow and we have a great time.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to join a guild though...I mean, there will be some hits and some misses but I've made some real friends on wow and we have a great time.

I don't like people. Most especialy I don't like the annoying chat-speak type people that seem to be the only one's I've ever met on MMOs. Plus I won't make 'appointments' to play a game at the same time as a dozen other people. I have a life, I play games for my entertainment when I have the time to do so.

In other words - I'm a miserable old sod, and I don't get on too well with a bunch of teenage idiots.

I can't speak so much for other MMO's, but in WoW you can definitely level 1-80 with two of you. You can't do the group quests or dungeons, but those things aren't necessary to level.

Some folks just don't like the commitment that guilds tend to require. I know for my gaming partner and me, making our own two person guild was the way to go- it gave us extra storage space and we didn't have to worry about contributing past what we enjoyed doing. We wanted a game, not yet another commitment when we also had jobs and life to worry about.

It also kept us from getting annoying, random guild invites from folks just out to boost their numbers. >.>

Edited by Kyrieath

One of the best analogies I've ever heard about guilds is this:

Guilds are like marriage; chat channels are like friends.

The parallels being that with chat channels (including the default ones, especially Trade), you're there because you want to be. If at any time you want to get out of it without people thinking ill of you, all you need to do is /leave [channel]. In fact, I have a general macro that I hit to drop me from Trade as soon as the character reaches a major city, because that channel in particular is horrible no matter what server or faction you're on.

Guilds are a solid commitment. Raids are scheduled time to play your game and aim for a certain, specific goal in the game: beating the current "last boss". On the way you fight other, smaller bosses which drop loot to prepare you for the fight to come. And you die. A lot. You spend gold on gems, enchants and flasks, dumping money into the market to up your game. It's a major time commitment that stems from and goes far beyond simply wanting to raid. And even if you're not in a raiding guild, you've still committed yourself to the meaning behind those words you've stuck under your name. The huge guilds rarely do anything aside from expand some more, but RP guilds RP. Raiding guilds raid. Social guilds... well actually I'm not sure what social guilds do. They just kind of... exist. But leaving a guild... well, joining the guild implies that you're willing to make a commitment. It's as simple as typing /gquit to leave, but it's hard to bring yourself to cut your connection to them without hard feelings. I know it took me about two months to scrounge up the resolve to leave my previous guild, but I was holding them back and I felt it was for the better.

But it should be noted that should you want to see raid content, most servers do have guilds that do large-scale pug raids. So a guild isn't even required to do anything in the game. It's more like a solid group that you can rely on to team up against a boss. Pugs are random by nature, after all, and every large pug is bound to have some slackers in it.

Edited by Lythiaren

I finally gave up on WoW. I was in guild, I think it was the second best on my sever. We were raiding five days a week and I just got burnt out. Now I can't even afford to continue playing, though getting a chance to play a Worgen is so tempting. Oh well I did a lot of complaining while playing anyway so it is probably for the best. I hope to find another MMO in the future that is just as addicting and still suits my needs.

I know a lot of people give MMO players a hard time for paying to play. But honestly those servers costs a lot to maintain. Then you have a dedicated staff for policing the players, one for fixing bugs, and another for making new content, most of which is free. It really adds up, at least I know my fifteen dollars is going towards something I want more of.

Edited by Bec

One of the best analogies I've ever heard about guilds is this:

Guilds are like marriage; chat channels are like friends.

The parallels being that with chat channels (including the default ones, especially Trade), you're there because you want to be. If at any time you want to get out of it without people thinking ill of you, all you need to do is /leave [channel]. In fact, I have a general macro that I hit to drop me from Trade as soon as the character reaches a major city, because that channel in particular is horrible no matter what server or faction you're on.

Guilds are a solid commitment. Raids are scheduled time to play your game and aim for a certain, specific goal in the game: beating the current "last boss". On the way you fight other, smaller bosses which drop loot to prepare you for the fight to come. And you die. A lot. You spend gold on gems, enchants and flasks, dumping money into the market to up your game. It's a major time commitment that stems from and goes far beyond simply wanting to raid. And even if you're not in a raiding guild, you've still committed yourself to the meaning behind those words you've stuck under your name. The huge guilds rarely do anything aside from expand some more, but RP guilds RP. Raiding guilds raid. Social guilds... well actually I'm not sure what social guilds do. They just kind of... exist. But leaving a guild... well, joining the guild implies that you're willing to make a commitment. It's as simple as typing /gquit to leave, but it's hard to bring yourself to cut your connection to them without hard feelings. I know it took me about two months to scrounge up the resolve to leave my previous guild, but I was holding them back and I felt it was for the better.

But it should be noted that should you want to see raid content, most servers do have guilds that do large-scale pug raids. So a guild isn't even required to do anything in the game. It's more like a solid group that you can rely on to team up against a boss. Pugs are random by nature, after all, and every large pug is bound to have some slackers in it.

That's all very true of raiding guilds. But not all guilds are that way. I was in the second horde raiding guild on my server for a while, but I'm not in a casual guild. We sign on when we want, if there are enough people on to run something, we do it. But there aren't commitments, there isn't a hardcore schedule, it's just friends hanging out, keeping all our alts in one place and helping each other out.

Wow, this game was amazing! I used to have an account infact I still do but it doesn't have money on it. I keep forgetting to get a prepaid card if they still even sell them. sad.gif

That's all very true of raiding guilds. But not all guilds are that way. I was in the second horde raiding guild on my server for a while, but I'm not in a casual guild. We sign on when we want, if there are enough people on to run something, we do it. But there aren't commitments, there isn't a hardcore schedule, it's just friends hanging out, keeping all our alts in one place and helping each other out.

Then either your guild has exceptional numbers and attendance, or Horde progression on your server sucks if you just run something "whenever" and manage to be second.

Edited by Lythiaren

Ah, typo in my post...It should have said, "I was in the second horde raiding guild on my server for a while, but I'm now in a casual guild."

My point was simply that not all guild are raiding guilds that demand things of you. There are guilds that manage to raid things from time to time, but are mostly just places to hang out. And there are guilds that don't raid at all, but are just there to help find groups for instances, or to do premade battlegrounds with.

I finally got deathbringers will yesterday.

With it I maintained 11k dps, about 1-2k more than when I had Needle Encrusted Scorpion and Banner of Victory, on rotface before I got mutagen when he was at like 50%. But I couldn't measure my dps on festergut because I died on the first vile gas, after I popped all my cooldowns. I should really wait until AFTER he does the vile gas to pop cooldowns, but I keep forgetting. D:

moral of the story: ICC is great.

I finally got deathbringers will yesterday.

With it I maintained 11k dps, about 1-2k more than when I had Needle Encrusted Scorpion and Banner of Victory, on rotface before I got mutagen when he was at like 50%. But I couldn't measure my dps on festergut because I died on the first vile gas, after I popped all my cooldowns. I should really wait until AFTER he does the vile gas to pop cooldowns, but I keep forgetting. D:

moral of the story: ICC is great.

let me guess, full t10?

I usually pull about 7.5k on a straight nuking fight, and I'm a hunter with minimal gear. I'm using Herumkal War Totem, and banner of victory, as well as a few other **** items.

Look up Er(alt130)bus on Gorefiend to see my character. Although I might be in my bad pvp gear on armory...