Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

Well, I love WoW, and I've played it for a long time now. I got 5 lvl 80's, Draenei mage, Draenei priestess, Draenei DK (She's my favorite!), B elf rogue, and Undead warlock. I love the new Worgen, but from the goblins I only like the females. (That's no problem because I'm a girl)

I just saw Garrosh. He looks dumb. :| My boyfriend says he's supposed to look like that since he's part demon, BUT I DON'T CARE. I like Thrall better. And I like the Dark Lady better than him.

And now the Trolls are pretty much epic. Yes.

Here a WoW update.

Battle.net Update: Upcoming Changes to the Forums

Recently, we introduced our new Real ID feature - http://www.battle.net/realid/ , a new way to stay connected with your friends on the new Battle.net. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about our plans for Real ID on our official forums, discuss the design philosophy behind the changes we’re making, and give you a first look at some of the new features we’re adding to the forums to help improve the quality of conversations and make the forums an even more enjoyable place for players to visit.

The first and most significant change is that in the near future, anyone posting or replying to a post on official Blizzard forums will be doing so using their Real ID -- that is, their real-life first and last name -- with the option to also display the name of their primary in-game character alongside it. These changes will go into effect on all StarCraft II forums with the launch of the new community site prior to the July 27 release of the game, with the World of Warcraft site and forums following suit near the launch of Cataclysm. Certain classic forums, including the classic Battle.net forums, will remain unchanged.

The official forums have always been a great place to discuss the latest info on our games, offer ideas and suggestions, and share experiences with other players -- however, the forums have also earned a reputation as a place where flame wars, trolling, and other unpleasantness run wild. Removing the veil of anonymity typical to online dialogue will contribute to a more positive forum environment, promote constructive conversations, and connect the Blizzard community in ways they haven’t been connected before. With this change, you’ll see blue posters (i.e. Blizzard employees) posting by their real first and last names on our forums as well.

We also plan to add a number of other features designed to make reading the forums more enjoyable and to empower players with tools to improve the quality of forum discussions. Players will have the ability to rate up or rate down posts so that great topics and replies stand out from the not-so-great; low-rated posts will appear dimmer to show that the community feels that they don’t contribute effectively to the conversation, and Blizzard’s community team will be able to quickly and easily locate highly rated posts to participate in or to highlight discussions that players find worthwhile.

In addition, individual topics will be threaded by context, meaning replies to specific posts will be grouped together, making it easier for players to keep track of multiple conversations within a thread. We’re also adding a way for Blizzard posters to “broadcast” important messages forums-wide , to help communicate breaking news to the community in a clear and timely fashion. Beyond that, we’re improving our forum search function to make locating interesting topics easier and help lower the number of redundant threads, and we have more planned as well.

With the launch of the new Battle.net, it’s important to us to create a new and different kind of online gaming environment -- one that’s highly social, and which provides an ideal place for gamers to form long-lasting, meaningful relationships. All of our design decisions surrounding Real ID -- including these forum changes -- have been made with this goal in mind.

We’ve given a great deal of consideration to the design of Real ID as a company, as gamers, and as enthusiastic users of the various online-gaming, communication, and social-networking services that have become available in recent years. As these services have become more and more popular, gamers have become part of an increasingly connected and intimate global community – friendships are much more easily forged across long distances, and at conventions like PAX or our own BlizzCon, we’ve seen first-hand how gamers who may have never actually met in person have formed meaningful real-life relationships across borders and oceans. As the way gamers interact with one another continues to evolve, our goal is to ensure Battle.net is equipped to handle the ever-changing social-gaming experience for years to come.

For more info on Real ID, check out our Real ID page and FAQ located at http://www.battle.net/realid/ . We look forward to answering your questions about these upcoming forum changes in the thread below.

/facepalm

..but I don't WANT people to know my name. 8| Maybe my first name, but not my first AND LAST name. That's stupid.

Meh. I don't post much on the WoW forums anyway.

Though I suppose a handful of people from the druid forum might want to punch me in the face for my raven lord luck if they found out where I lived (which can be derived from a full name). Then again, I'm one of many in the same situation. A couple of people I know/knew are upset with the change, but well... if you don't want to use RealID on the forums, then use a different forum to discuss WoW?

Edited by Lythiaren

Yeah this thing really bothers me.

There are several threads poping up on the forum from outraged people. Saying stuff from "I quit, to half the helpful player base won't want to talk on the forums anymore"

Now awsome blizzard =l

Haha, there is also this.

Yeah, sure, going on the forum is optional. But to those on the forums who post anyway because they don't care.. they might be in danger, whether they know it or not. I'm gonna feel bad for them once they have people playing pranks on them (4chan, anyone?) or stalking them or what-have-you.

We have been planning this change for a very long time. During this time, we have thought ahead about the scope and impact of this change and predicted that many people would no longer wish to post in the forums after this change goes live. We are fine with that, because we want to change these forums dramatically in a positive and more constructive direction.

Edited by MellaBella

I'm half interested btu never had anyone to explain to me the race, character, and class set up and wether the game was more aciton rpg, like you do the atackign and control the swings, or more rpg.

The Real-ID mess was such a bad idea to bring onto the forums. If they really wanted to cut down on trolls, simply making it so you could see a person's alts by clicking their character would have done it. There was no need to bring their actual names into the situation.

--

@Tailsnightwatcher: It's a mix; the attacking and dodging mechanic is auto, but you have to trigger the spells and special attacks (barring those that are 'proc' abilities, meaning they have a chance to automatically happen depending on circumstances).

As to races and such- you'd be better off just hitting the main site and reading from there. That's an awful lot of info to ask someone to type out when there's a ready resource such as that. You can also check Wowwiki for more indepth details.

Edited by Kyrieath

Funny that Blizzard doesn't care that people won't post on the forums. I bet they will once people start cancelling subscriptions.. oh, wait. They already have. BAHAHA.

Not even joking. Are any of you watching the epic thread on the US WoW forums? 1450 pages and counting.. by the minute. And there's only been one admin/mod/etc post. They don't care what happens, they think this will make them money. So they're not gonna stop. If it spreads in game, I WILL be quitting permanently.

Technically it's already in the game, I think- however, you have to give someone permission to use it, if I recall the workings of it correctly. It's not an automatic 'show all' like it will be on the Forums.

Edited by Kyrieath

According to everyone on the WoW forum, RealID in-game is optional and is recommended for close friends only. But I'm talking about if they forced everyone to have RealID in-game, like how they are forcing people to have RealID if they post in the forums.

It's all because they joined with FaceBook. How fun.

Good News

they canceled the Real ID on the Forums. Sometimes its nice, that the care about the the Peoples opinions. The realized the have gone too far.

Good News

they canceled the Real ID on the Forums. Sometimes its nice, that the care about the the Peoples opinions. The realized the have gone too far.

I'm glad they did smile.gif I am surprised though, the guy who runs WoW is really a total censorkip.gif.

Anyways I haven't played WoW in a while, not since Ulduar was the latest patch actually! I want to again though I just don't have the money... I have a job, but I'm only spending half of what I earn... WoW is relatively low on my list of "things I need to get."

When I am playing though, I have a level 80 paladin (ahmagawd no wonder I have no life!), and a 76 druid I really need to finish leveling. I was having much more fun leveling as a boomkin/bear than I was tanking on my paladin. Or is it facerolladin? loladin? Retardadin? laugh.gif

Also this made me lol, beware for swears

When/if you get back, I do recommend trying ICC at least once. Some of the fights are actually pretty fun, though some also have the worst possible voice acting. *coughValthiriacough*

Also BAHAHAHA that link. Eerily accurate!

When/if you get back, I do recommend trying ICC at least once. Some of the fights are actually pretty fun, though some also have the worst possible voice acting. *coughValthiriacough*

I think Sindragosa is my favorite when it comes to voice acting.

I mean, where else can you find an Irish undead dragon yelling at you.

I'm a WoW nerd, I've been keeping tabs on fights on YouTube tongue.gif Some of them do look fun, but unless my guild's improved...I'm never even gonna get to normal LK10. Bah. It's at the point where it's small enough that we can't afford to kick the members that like to stand in fire/ooze/sparkly stuff that DBM flashes in BIG RED LETTERS ACROSS YOUR SCREEN. We lost half out good members because of some drama over loot in an Ulduar run...damn you Mimiron! Why did we have to kill you after pusing the big red button! *shakes fist*

As for Sindragosa's voice acting, I like it...people apparently hate how her voice cracks, but I think it suits her happy.gif I still hold Algalon's voice acting close to my heart though...definitly my favorite.

Sindy's voice hurts my brain, but I also agree that it suits her... maybe a little lower, though, given the deep rumbly GRRROOAAAAWWWRRRRRRRR she gives us on the login screen.

Can you feed da cold hand of death, UPON YAR HAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR?

Sindragosa:

The only raid boss that actually /lol's at you when you d/c on her fight.

That aside, I still giggle at Marrowgar. BOOOOOONE STOOOOOORRRRRRRRMMMMMMM~

Edited by Lythiaren

i love WoW been playing it since i was in the 6th grade =P it gets boring after awhile but then i get really into it again.

That aside, I still giggle at Marrowgar.  BOOOOOONE STOOOOOORRRRRRRRMMMMMMM~

Oh gosh I watched Zach go against him. XD

I was just sitting there, halfway asleep, then he suddenly turns up the volume and all I hear is "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRM".

Needless to say, I wtf'd. And lol'd.

---

Anyways, I just watched some WoW beta stuff on YouTube. I was listening to the female Worgen jokes, and the best ones EVER in the history of forever are the bacon joke ("*sniff* Do you guys smell.. bacon? *sniffsniff* OMG BACON. Bacon, where's the bacon!?") and "At least we don't sparkle."

"AT LEAST WE DON'T SPARKLE."

GUYS. I just decided to switch to Alliance, brb. *shot*

Edited by MellaBella

I have successfully been online for 12 hours waiting for a rare spawn.

My back hurts.

I think I'm dying.

TLPD?

If so, I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I've been camping for this stupid thing for over a month.