Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

fix'd.

Shooters are dumb.

Mass Effect is a shooter but also an RPG. WoW is an MMORPG. They are not such different things.

Not really. Mass Effect is a shooter with a branching storyline, nothing more. Nearly all games have stories to tell; even Doom had one.

The only game that is both a shooter and an RPG is Borderlands.

Not really. Mass Effect is a shooter with a branching storyline, nothing more. Nearly all games have stories to tell; even Doom had one.

The only game that is both a shooter and an RPG is Borderlands.

Mass Effect has pretty much all the elements of an RPG. I'm not sure what you're criteria is.

The world needs to be explorable. Sandbox. Mass Effect is divided into distinct levels and once a decision has been made and you blast off, there is no coming back until the story tells you to. On WoW I can go back to Mulgore whenever I feel like it. On Borderlands I can go back and kill Nine-toes or Sledge however many times I want. In Pokemon I can always go back to where the level 2 stuff is.

Edited by Lythiaren

That's just an open world RPG. A lot of RPGs (especially JRPGs) have worlds set up like that. It's one of the biggest divides between western RPGs and JRPGs -- JRPGs tend to be a lot more linear. Obviously Mass Effect isn't a JRPG, but I've never really heard anyone contest its status as an RPG. Sure, it isn't a Open World, but it's still an RPG.

FFXIII is an RPG but it's linear as all get out.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

I recall being able to explore the whole world at my leisure in just about all FF games I've played upon acquisition of the obligatory airship.

This summer I started playing WoW again after not playing for two years. Dunno if I'll keep playing through school, it takes up a lot of my time and I dunno if I want to keep paying for it. That's the one thing I don't like.

The characters I'm playing on are an 80 Orc hunter and a 19 Blood Elf pally. I'm going for the 100 mounts on my hunter... Not gonna make it by the time my time expires.

I recall being able to explore the whole world at my leisure in just about all FF games I've played upon acquisition of the obligatory airship.

Hence why I specified FFXIII. It's still an RPG though.

You guys... I'm feeling all depressed now because I miss my BE character... I haven't played WoW since May 19 (or was it March 19?) and I miss it very much... but I no has the monies to play it anymores... ;-;

ETA: and this is my first post in this thread, so hi! ^-^

Edited by nekoinu525

a Night Elf Druid was my first character on WoW. After I got BC, though, I only ever played my BE Mage. And a human mage towards the end because my friend wanted me to create an Ally character on his server so I could join his guild and whatnot...

Man, I'm really missing playing WoW right now...

So I soloed 1-2% on the 25 LK fight...

Edited by Lythiaren

So I soloed 1-2% on the 25 LK fight...

1-2% as in 1-2%, or 11-12%? o_o

Either way is awesome.

XD Soloing the final 1-2% when he's spinning around like a music box isn't a huge accomplishment, it would just be annoying for a feral druid because I'm never behind him. And it would require like... everyone else to either jump off or stop dps. :V

Nah, my wireless blipped so I dc'd right as the first Vile Spirits were coming up... I didn't get back in until after the 10% wipe.

And I was still alive.

As soon as I realized this and saw "MAUL HIM IN THE FACE PORA" in raid chat, I couldn't help myself. I gnawed on him all through the rest of the RP and got him down to like 8.5% or so before everyone else got up. Oneshot him with 24 people... feels good man. XD

Edited by Lythiaren

Sometimes I wish I was in an actual raiding guild instead of a "not a raiding guild" guild that raids 2 days a week... They're a great group of people, but they're so terribly uncoordinated. We still haven't made it past the first transition phase of LK. rolleyes.gif

Hey, for two nights a week, hitting LK on a regular basis seems like good position to be. Getting that far means you guys know how to avoid fire, swap targets, shoot orbs, burn adds, move when you have certain debuffs... that's all LK really is, when you break it down to the nitty-gritty. The rest of ICC is just there to prepare you for it. It took my guild a little while to get the fight down too, but it was mostly just learning where and how to apply what we learned through the rest of the instance.

I ran with a bunch of guild alts on 10man one time and we couldn't take him down despite knowing what we were doing. Then again, we also didn't have the composition to do it without a lot of trouble.

Edited by Lythiaren

Sometimes I wish I was in an actual raiding guild instead of a "not a raiding guild" guild that raids 2 days a week... They're a great group of people, but they're so terribly uncoordinated. We still haven't made it past the first transition phase of LK. rolleyes.gif

my "not quite a raiding guild" gets sindragosa to 10% each week. We hope to reach LK before the end of august.

I use to play WoW all the time about 3-4 years ago, and then after a while I started to find everything too easy to my liking and eventually got bored of it. I think its a good game and enjoyed playing while I did play, but I didnt find it challenging enough like some of the other games I have played(like FFXI for example) I did like doing some of the PvP and some of the raids, maybe was because of the group of players I played with, but I felt things were getting too easy to do after several times of doing them and felt that the game didnt seem challenging enough to keep me paying for it.

oh. heard of that, just not the abbreviation. I don't really care for WoW. I like Runescape better.

I played RS as well, which isnt too bad for the price, but not nearly as much to do on it like WoW or other major MMOs. Plus, WoW has better graphics, easier game play, more to keep you busy(somewhat, lol) and so on.

Edited by Xephire930

Sigh.

I did a ToC 25 with my guild and some pugs.. We down jaraxxus and Solace of the fallen drops.

Two healers with 264-277 trinkets roll a healer who just hit 80 rolls, and two healers who are alts in my guild roll. The guy who just hit 80 won the roll, but since loot rules stated that the winner would be determined due to performance, the higher geared healers rolled again. But since their gear is awesome we let the guildies roll. The ML took the trinket so that we could go on with the raid.

all of the pugs got pissed off, one guy yelled and swore in vent (while we could hear his kids whining in the background, it was creepy. >>), left the group. Every other pug left the group. The guy who won the roll originally said NOTHING. The ML kept the trinket, and now he's going to use it for his offspec. His alt's offspec.

So I go to trade and see people QQing about my guild being ninjas. Since I was pissed off I wrote like 3 paragraphs to someone about what happened in my perspective, and he's like " LOL WELCOME TO IGNORE LIST " and I was like " WAIT NOOOO I HAVE INFORMATION AND CALMNESS " so we talked a bit.

A guildy told the ML to give the trinket to someone who actually rolled on it, told all the people whispering him to whisper the ML, then the guy who was ML left the guild.

So.

Much.

Anger.

I played RS as well, which isnt too bad for the price, but not nearly as much to do on it like WoW or other major MMOs. Plus, WoW has better graphics, easier game play, more to keep you busy(somewhat, lol) and so on.

I played RuneScape for a little while back when it was still 2D and again later with the 3D graphics. Both versions were pretty terrible to me.

As for WoW, I'm looking forward to the Cataclysm expansion. I plan on making a Worgen, and maybe a goblin as well, even though they're ugly.

By the way, has anyone seen these quests that will be it Cataclysm? These made me crack up laughing: