Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

hunter warlock rogue mage paladin priest death knight

Should be noted Death Knight is a special class, though. You won't be able to access it as a class option until you have at least one pre-existing character on your account that's attained level 55.

I reeaally want a Death Knight, but I don't think I'll ever get to lv 55. |D /slow and lazy

What race do you guys think looks best as a DK? O: This goes for both Horde and Alliance, both male and female.

For Alliance males.. err. I don't know, honestly. I'm not fond of any Ally males. Alliance females, however, I like the Draenei. <3 As for Horde males, I like the Orcs (they're armor looks huuuge on them), Blood Elves (heehee), and Trolls (they looks silly when they walk). For Horde females I like.. I.. I DON'T KNOW. UGH. D': I guess Trolls and Belves, but.. I don't know.. bleh.

I reeaally want a Death Knight, but I don't think I'll ever get to lv 55. |D /slow and lazy

What race do you guys think looks best as a DK? O: This goes for both Horde and Alliance, both male and female.

For Alliance males.. err. I don't know, honestly. I'm not fond of any Ally males. Alliance females, however, I like the Draenei. <3 As for Horde males, I like the Orcs (they're armor looks huuuge on them), Blood Elves (heehee), and Trolls (they looks silly when they walk). For Horde females I like.. I.. I DON'T KNOW. UGH. D': I guess Trolls and Belves, but.. I don't know.. bleh.

Well if you just want to hit 55 for a death knight, there are much easier classes to raise solo than a mage. Paladins you have to be pretty reckless to die on in standard PvE; druids are much the same once they get both bear and cat forms going.

As to who looks best as a DK; I like pretty much all the races and genders in the class except female blood elves. The fact all the weapons get made into miniature, dainty versions of themselves in their hands just kills a lot of the weapon designs. Their two handers look like one handers.

Edited by Kyrieath

Nah, I'm not trying to hit 55 just for a DK. If I was doing that I'd just use a Hunter. :P *faceroll on keyboard* MELLABELLA HAS GAINED 79 LEVELS!

I've never actually seen a DK Belf with her weapons out. Do they really look that pathetic? How lame. :<

I would just make a Draenei DK, but Zach said that if I do he'd stalk me and kill me every chance he got. He's kinda.. prejudiced against the Alliance. Hahaha. Heeeh.

Nah, I'm not trying to hit 55 just for a DK. If I was doing that I'd just use a Hunter. tongue.gif *faceroll on keyboard* MELLABELLA HAS GAINED 79 LEVELS!

I've never actually seen a DK Belf with her weapons out. Do they really look that pathetic? How lame. :<

I would just make a Draenei DK, but Zach said that if I do he'd stalk me and kill me every chance he got. He's kinda.. prejudiced against the Alliance. Hahaha. Heeeh.

Only if you're a hunter and not a huntard. wink.gif I still see twits trying to melee constantly with their hunters. >.>; Once in awhile is fine to keep weapon skill up but really now. So glad Blizz intends to do away with a lot of their close range abilities.

Eh, if you ever want a good idea of what it looks like- just whittle up a female BE paladin and keep in mind that sword they're holding is supposed to be a two hander.

Melee? With a hunter? BLASPHEMY. That's only acceptable if you're low-level and/or don't have a pet. And are soloing. Or whatever. D:< I have a kitty (I named him Fluffers, teehee) on my current lv 11 Belf hunter, and together we are DPS up the mo-fo. For our level, anyway. My lv 20 Troll hunter has a raptor. o2o

However, neither is my main, they are characters I use when I get EXTREMELY BORED leveling my mage. Or my druid. :/

I don't know what talent tree I want to use for my druid, though. I'd like to be feral for the most part (cat form really), but I have so many DPS.. I want to try something different. But I FREAKIN' HATE TANKING (oh lord it makes me so nervous) and I'm afraid I'll suck as a healer seeing how I've never tried it before. Bleh. /lame

Melee? With a hunter? BLASPHEMY. That's only acceptable if you're low-level and/or don't have a pet. And are soloing. Or whatever. D:< I have a kitty (I named him Fluffers, teehee) on my current lv 11 Belf hunter, and together we are DPS up the mo-fo. For our level, anyway. My lv 20 Troll hunter has a raptor. o2o

However, neither is my main, they are characters I use when I get EXTREMELY BORED leveling my mage. Or my druid. :/

I don't know what talent tree I want to use for my druid, though. I'd like to be feral for the most part (cat form really), but I have so many DPS.. I want to try something different. But I FREAKIN' HATE TANKING (oh lord it makes me so nervous) and I'm afraid I'll suck as a healer seeing how I've never tried it before. Bleh. /lame

Some folks try it; I'll close in with my hunter when I need to up his weapon skill (need to at least be able to successfully hit something for wing clip and such to do me any good), but no other time. I just wish the exotic beasts didn't always make stomping noises. Miss my corehound's abilities but absolutely hated the stomping.

Well for druids, it really depends on what you want to do. Bear-tanking solo is tedious and boring; a heavy resto-druid really shouldn't try to run alone either. If you find yourself solo a lot, cat-orientating or going Balance with a step into the resto tree here and there might work. Balance druids aren't as squishy as mages for all they fill technically the same role; they can usually save their own tail with a well timed heal and swap to bear or cat form in a hairy situation when their mana's low and keep doing at least some damage/staying alive while they get their mana back.

..so if I'm a complete hybrid of all three trees I'll be AWESOME!? *shot*

Haha oh man. But yeah, you're saying if I do mostly solo-work that I should do a Balance/Feral right? =w=; Right? Ahaha I don't even know.

I've already put a few points into Resto to improve my Mark of the Wild and get Furor. Maybe get a couple more in later on. But that's it.

Yeah I just fail derp.

..so if I'm a complete hybrid of all three trees I'll be AWESOME!? *shot*

Haha oh man. But yeah, you're saying if I do mostly solo-work that I should do a Balance/Feral right? =w=; Right? Ahaha I don't even know.

I've already put a few points into Resto to improve my Mark of the Wild and get Furor. Maybe get a couple more in later on. But that's it.

Yeah I just fail derp.

Actually if you're going to mix trees, I'd recommend going Balance-Resto or Feral-Resto. Resto has talents that can compliment both primary builds fairly early in as you advance; Feral and Balance don't play together quite as well while you're still advancing.

You can still access all your base line forms regardless of build. So you have, say, bear form to drop into even in a Balance-Resto mix to last a li'l bit longer while your HoTs restore your health and your mana regenerates. It just won't be what you're doing on a regular basis; Balance druids wind up relying on the Moonkin form later in their leveling rather than the baseline forms.

Feral-Resto's benefits are a little more passive and can seem redundant in later levels if you use cat form heavily, but can still help immensely as you go. The real trick is to figure out when to dump points into the tree.

Granted this is speaking only as a player of a level 63 feral-resto druid who has largely leveled el solo; I don't know what end game is like for any of the builds.

Edited by Kyrieath

most end game builds involve approximately 51 points in one tree, and the others in another tree. 71 points in ANY tree is fail at endgame.

most end game builds involve approximately 51 points in one tree, and the others in another tree. 71 points in ANY tree is fail at endgame.

So true about the all points in one tree. I've seen some twits do that.

The real trick on end-game builds is if you're trying to fulfill a party role or using a utility build, I've found. The standard 51/20 builds don't always work so well for a soloer or pair player, depending on the class.

I wish I could lure some more of my friends or family into WoW for the rocket mount ><

They're just not really into mmo's though.

I don't know about you guys, but the Cataclysm preview notes have me pretty excited about the changes to the game and how it's played.

I really do prefer 10 man raids, I've never had a drama bomb, loot fight, or other unpleasantness in my 10 man only guild, but that is hardly true of when I was in "zomg game is srs" larger guilds.

I also look forward to making my fatty moonkin into a less fatty trollkin(man I hope it's smaller, and perhaps wearing a voodoo mask)

Haha.. my guild is a guild for Alts. XD Even though my main is in it too. SO YEAH, not so serious stuff going on in there. Hurr derp.

You mean shroomkin? :V

Shroom.. kin...

Invisible exploding mushrooms? :D

I just solo tank healed the Ice guy in VoA on ten man. On my alt. I feel happy.

You and your hat. xd.png

Haide's hat is stupid. D:< *stubbornly leaves helm turned off*

My Mage's hat is stupid. :[

Stupid hood, making my Belf look unnaturally bald with long eyebrows..

I remember playing world of warcraft. I was a undead rouge I loved that class so much. sad thing is I had to stop right when I was about to hit it big....Like around level 50 sad.gif I don't even think my account is still there or deleated.....that was a sad day. my mom made me stop playing wow because I wasent doing well in school and I wasent even taking anytime away from the computer to go outside like I do now.....I miss my rouge sad.gif

Cute, Blizzard NEVER deletes inactive accounts. EVVEEEERRR.

You just have to check if you're on the right server or not, if you're in the right country settings, etc. C:

You and your hat. XD

Haide's hat is stupid. D:< *stubbornly leaves helm turned off*

I love that hat. XD Sadly I have sold it now. :B I has a better one! :D lol

Any of you played with Piterman, Snoes or Sonixx on the game?