notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a green stripe named GiMI Liberty. Her code is GiMI and her parents are named Libertas dies de Malaysia and Libertas dies de Austria.

Couldn't pass that one up!

One of my first dragons had the code Amok. I found that amusing so I use it as my scrolls surname

I just picked up an egg with the code 666H ... I plan on naming it something with hellish origins now because of it. LOL

Nop I have a naming system. Is a lot more easier than name it whit the code smile.gif

I have my own naming system, which is doing whatever I feel like at the time, but I named one of my '09 christmas dragons Joy and then noticed her code was joYe...

I have an old pink with the code ''Migu". I was about to name her Migu but that name was taken wink.gif So now she is Pinkie Migu xd.png

Also have another old pink... KIGM = Kiga Mi xd.png

The other day, i bit an egg (vamp BSA) with the code sono (messed up caps), and it was effective, but it got auto abandoned-the other dragons didn't like it, so i was like, so...no...xd.png

Here are the ALL the ones i named on code EVER:

Code___________________________Name

CJeH.....................................CJeh Wants to be TJ (I just had to on this one. xd.png)

5ton......................................(it's an earthquake dragon, and i will name it something to do w/stones)

50da......................................(geode dragon. gonna name something to do with soda)

fuUN......................................(vamp dragon. i will tie fun in with my naming vamp scheme)

CaLC....................................Calseeyoulater (autumn dragon.if you spell it out, it says calculator. get it?)

Xv0R....................................Xavi0r (ochredrake dragon)

MdrB......................................Dr. MB Dorkface (it's a purple dorsal dorkface-but look at his kid's name!)

dlSA.......................................Dlsa Dorkface (it's a white dorkface)

I will edit and add to this as i see fit. after all, i have quite a few unnamed dragons.

I found a gray egg with the code WRTH (caps messed) that I bit to make a vampire.

Now to decide to keep my wrath egg and let it grow up, or to send it to a friend..

I've been trying to give all my frozen pinks names based on their code. It's to various degrees of faithfulness:

DInt became Dint Protea.

OoCT became Ocelot Protea.

DkQv became Dark Quavery Protea.

UWoW became Underworld Protea.

47lg became Analog Protea (reading the 4 as an A).

qsjf became Juice Protea, because for some reason that was the nearest equivalent to the letters in my head. I laughed when I had the association. It's like, what!

You get the gist. :3 It's all over the place!

This isn't mine, but I know someone who had a Snow Angel with the code TM14 (that's the exact caps). For those who play the Pokemon games, you'll know that TM14 is Blizzard. So she named it Festive Blizzard. That's a pretty epic code for a Christmas dragon, in my opinion. laugh.gif

I have a lava with the code ilav, I am contemplating naming it iLava since my goal for my scroll is to have all the periodic elements as names of my dragons.

I just had a Vamp with the code "SUQZ" so I named him "SUQZ" >_>

Not very creative, but I like it.

got a storm with the code ejrP, which is similar to the name of a RP FC i use so i named him Ejrah

that's the only one i can think of that i've actually NAMED for it's code, i've looked at them tho.....

WAIT there is one other, a vine with the code LAG6 so i named it SPAWN OF LAG, suprised that wasn't taken blink.gif

My sister looks for eggs solely based on cool codes and then names them according to those codes. She has some that I think are pretty awesome:

vFvP - Very Fine Very Peppermint (Yulebuck)

7C9C - Seven see Nine

3M00 - M00 M00 M00

dnJM - Damn It Jim I'm A Dragon (of course it wound up being female, though, lol...and you're awesome if you catch the reference)

bOnJ - bOn Jovi Dragon

U8rJ - You Ate RJ (oy)

aDLX - A Dangerous Lady Lox

199k - 199 Carat White Gold (White dragon)

uG5H - Under Green Snowy Hills (Snow Angel)

igpg - I Give Pretty Gifts (Snow Angel)

WHiP - Whip It Good In Black (Black dragon)

lOv5 - All You Need Is lOv5 smile.gif

Edited by Verilidaine

One of my seasonals have the code eddh. I was lucky enough for it to be a male and a CB dragon. His name is Edd H.

edit: I'm sure I have more.

Edited by MisaTange

I have had a few. My brother cought an alt black hatchie with the code "Era1", and I insisted he used it, but he likes his naming scheme, so because I wouldn't let him name it withought the code, he abandoned it. He knew I wanted it. mad.gif Anyway, here are a few I have:

NcRo- Firey Necromancer

MrC2- MrCandycane

Eoh9-Thundercloud of Eons

There may be more that I'm unaware of...