notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh I have done it very few times compared to the amount of dragons on my scroll...

So far I looked through my scroll and I remember Several I did indeed name based on code.

The name will be before the code, which is seperated by a slash.

Kumoc / Kmoc - The most made up awesome name ever.

Can't Get This One / cgt1 - No questions?

DragonOCity / OUSE - Needs explaining: That code looks like HOUSE... and a house is in a city, so why not name it after a made up city?

Sssssoooo Cccccoolldd / nS2Q - Also needs explaining. That code kinda looks like nS2O which just translates to SNOW. I created the contridictory thing of having a leaf dragon frozen and naming it like that after the code. Make sense?

EWhZa Leatheltail: Named after her father whom I accidentily released.

Ayah Cicadonna: The first name is her code.

Yeah my first vamp (ieua; caps messed) named I Eat You. I tried "I'll Eat You Alive", "I Eat You Alive", and "I Eat You All". Unfortunately they were taken sad.gif

Also:

a52d --> I come from area 52

ilu3 --> Ich bin warmhertzig (I am warmhearted, in German. A red dragon nonetheless too)

Edited by kk0425

ShmW - My name is ShamWow cool.gif

GME2 - GAME 2

Edited by jis99

Yes, I have succumbed. I grabbed an egg with the code 'itch' (it's still a baby, so caps messed and no link) and named it... Itchies. laugh.gif

laugh.gif I caught a pink hatchie on the AP earlier with the code AsTV. The second I saw it I knew I had to keep it and name it "As Seen On TV". Then I looked at its lineage and saw it was a 4th gen Thuwed! So I am now the proud owner of "As Seen On TV Thuwed".

I've been doing it more frequently

blink.gif I have a feeling thats going to be ooc'd...

I had oreE -Willows bloodstone ore

ciRO -Willows Ciro frost

my personal fav...

brik - Brik you in the face

oIds...I live in Detroit and it looks like 'olds' and around here, 'Olds' means Oldsmobile.

So it's name is Cutlass Supreme. laugh.gif

Edited by RMMC

oIds...I live in Detroit and it looks like 'olds' and around here, 'Olds' means Oldsmobile.

So it's name is Cutlass Supreme. laugh.gif

Woah, I have that car! o_o

White, '95 model.

0DlN- Wanderer Sigfodr

Looked up on wiki, Sigfodr is another name for the norse god Odin

GOGL- iGoggle

My vamp has very funny code - Artu.

I thought to name it Artur's Blood Dawn, but it become a female, so --> Guinevere's Blood Dawn biggrin.gif

I had a code met0. I should have named it "Me Too!" xd.png I've had some REALLY interesting codes, but when the time to name comes, I always forget to name them. I think one of my Yulebucks had the code "c0ED." Come on, that's priceless and I blew it! xd.png

Yep. One of my blunas is named Popoum based off of pPM. Turns out the Popoum is a river or something in Africa, or at least I think that's what Google said.

One of my dragons has a child who's code is Wood, and whoever has that one never named it. I wish I hadn't given that one up now. xd.png

Right now I have an electric with FIer and a white stripe with CriS, so those are gonna be their names =)

Sad that FIer couldn't be EleC or somethin, he's got nothing to do with fire. CriS is actually a girl now. Too bad! Her name shall be CriS Dorkface xd.png since she is one... and wasn't Midas named Dorkface because he gendered wrong? The irony...

I have a valentine with LvRu...I'm sure I can come up with something.

I have a little nocturne hatchling with the code DffK. I Googled dffk and came up with the Korean Resources and Information web page...which is for sale? I now have the Resources and Information Dragon :3

I'm happy about this ^^

One of the 09 valentines I got has the code MY42. My 42? 42 is the answer to everything. My dragon is a valentine. A love dragon. My answer to everything is love xd.png

I'm such a girl nerd.

But yeah, I'm still debating about what to name it... I want to include the code in it somehow, but imply this meaning as well huh.gif

Like, I have one with the code CriS, like the name, so I'm going to name her CriS Dorkface (since she is) and people will understand the name Chris.

She's a girl, you say? Too bad! Her fault for gendering like that. Her name was decided before she hatched xd.png

Edit: Ah, my post about CriS is just up there. Oh well. But that's how I want to name the Valentine, with the code included in the name wink.gif suggestions?

Edit 2: Wookieinmashoo! That's cool! LvRu? Like Love Ru. Ru is how Japanese people pronounce "you." So your dragon is "Love You." xd.png

Edited by AAurion

I've kind of got my own naming system, but it's rather flexible so if a dragon has an interesting code I'll use that in it's name.

For instance:

APuf - Apathy of Clementine

iAtG - Gerard of Clementine (if I wasn't using the "Clementine" suffix I would have probably named him "I Ate Gerard Way" or something similar.)

I started to name my CBs after their code:

KYSZ = Snowangel Kysz Me Quick li-sa

M9rk = Electric Morka CB li-sa

GcAR = Electric Gicarina CB li-sa

sEEL = Bluewater Seel CB li-sa

6ful = Pinkboy Six Full CB li-sa

EIgj = Winter Eigjon CB li-sa

Dl5K = Sunrise Disko King CB li-sa

I try to name the lineage dragons after their parents, but for this one I had to use the code:

TVDD = Winter TV Diddl EG li-sa (Diddl is the name of a comic mouse in Germany and Europe)