notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was aiming to name my green dragon 'Tyik', which IS it's code, not with messed caps, but I forgot.

The other dragon who I stayed true to it's code was Vizt Spica, who's code was Vizt, again exactly as seen - no messed caps.

EDIT; and Frillix Celo was semi based off her code, her code was C6lo.

Edited by Sesshia

I caught a cave born frill with the code Tjor so he became Tjor. I joked it was my TJ egg only instead of 9 he had an r.

I have Legacy of the Night (lgcy) first and only one to be named after his code so far...

I don't come over here often, so I just saw this thread, but I've named my dragons after their codes since the beginning - all of my names are based off the codes. I'll change the numbers into letters (a 7 becomes a t, or a 3 becomes an e), and I add vowels or ending sounds, so it sounds like a name.

A few times, I've used the code intact.

I've done this many times, all my silvers and rares get named after their codes for the most part.

Ionic Bond (iONy)

Liquid Sapphire (WatR)

Faovrin (FAOv)

Illuzion (IlyZ)

Zioti (6zoT)

That's just to name a few *is to lazy to look through the rest of her scroll*

I've only done it once so far. Not had much inspiration for naming based on codes. My only one so far is my Blue Dino, First Arc. Its code was arq1.

I have a couple

RAs8 = Rasate

Vgxr = Viggsor

Ayqm = Aiquim

A4wk = Aforwik

I tend to name more on the basis of breed, but when I'm struggling for a name, I'll sometimes look at the code. When picking between eggs, I regularly choose on the basis of code.

Zj09 Hmm should I base it off TJ09? =PPPPPPP

I just picked up two earth green eggs of the AP just because of their music-related names. One was Etud, which is "etude" without the 'e', and I just picked one up with the code Jzza. I'll name it something jazzy. Being a musician myself, I simply couldn't resist. Haven't decided on their names yet, however.

I don't specifically look at codes, but I do post my dragons on click sites and none of the codes ever jumped out at me.

My split pair just bred an egg with the code 'ojva.' The first thing that came to my mind was Olivia, so heres hoping it's a girl X3.

i never thought about using the codes... but when hatchlings dont show genders i tend to give them a temporary nick name so when talkin about them to my friends they know what dragon im talkin about xd.png

but 80% or my dragons (thats an estimate) are named in german. so i dont bother with descriptions.

i tend to name them after things they remind me of like my first alt black dragon had hatched at midnight and i was ubsesed with the game ledgond of spyro serice and couldnt wait for the 3rd one so i named her after the second one becuse its called enturnal night and she hatched at midnight and i already had a guardain named midnight in german xd.png

problem is now i have a new alt black i wana name after a mid day thing but the only thing i can come up with is black sun in german and that dosnt sound to mid day like if you ask me... so chances are it'll be named solar eclips in german... what was that agin?? Solareklipse smile.gif yeah thats it *im still learning some of the german.*

I named one of my mints Peeping Tom due to his code P33p smile.gif

And a Winter Called Im a J (code was ImaJ)

A few stones

Gee for his code Rung

Zep - yeZp

Aeox with her code of Aeox

Mr M with MRM9

A valentine got Im a cutie as a play on 1T3Q was going to name the other G Mum for its code of gMum but forgot lol

and a yellow dino called VB after his code kcvb (or a case of VB which is a Aussie beer)

thats it so far, but IM sure there will be more...

Just did one - iVan Mint (I tacked on the breed at the end 'cause someone has already taken the code >_<)

I have a few:

nMUM = Mummy's Boy

DeEr = Fawn Arkgas (as in fawn/deer)

SERV = Chauffeur (waitor/maid was taken >_>)

I have a frozen hatchling that has his mothers code in his name.

Father: Male C

Mother: (trei)

I called him C's Trei which worked rather well as he is his fathers 3rd child. wub.gif

I've done it a few times; more often now by picking a name and then altering it by adding in the code.

Got a Magi egg from the cave and found out its code was 24co. Guess whos gettin a Jack Bauer name.

I've never used the codes to name my dragons. Mainly because I'm no good at that kind of thing. unsure.gif

I used codes to get names for my vampire dragons. Because I really suck at names. >.<

jxgv > Jaxguver (hehe random)

GeE8 > Geselle (also random. Wow, I watch far too much bleach xd.png)

nEVc > Nevroc, for my male. Actually, I kinda like this one.

And for one lucky hatchling:

tISg > Tisag

I've seen a few interesting codes on the AP, but I can't remember any. xd.png