notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've never really named an egg by it's code, but I got a CB pink egg a couple days ago with the code goos (caps. messed with). So, I named it Gooseberry Crunch, since I am naming the new pink (and balloon) dragons after ice cream sounding names.

I've only named one or two based on code, but I had one Winter that I named Waxe. His code was waXe. Really had to stretch my brain for that one.

Aside from that I have pretty bad luck with codes.. or I just forget to pay attention then realized later that I could have used them.

Edited by Inky

I have a new frill hatchling called Number Eight does not die with the code DIe8

I also have a geode with the code LwSr and I named him Sir Low

ETA: Some new eggs I have have the codes bA1m and Ykkj. I'll need to think up names for them xd.png

Edited by Deirdre

I have my naming system but if i get a dragon with this code 'zprt', 'thrt', etc, etc I gonna name that dragon with the name of one of the members from Dragonforce

I have a few...

(frozen balloon hatchie) Ah ate wut =a8wt(Helium? lol)

(male split hatchie) The mean dragon duo = MENH(caps messed by the meanies.)

(male split) O rielys and ORLY = ORL5(I kid you not.)

and a few I couldn't use...

(female vine)Venus of the moonlight=Mbe3(Maybe, Maybe not!)

(female daydream) Daydreamer of the moonlight= OLLY(Lol, gender crisis.)

(frozen skywing hatchie)Iced sky tea=RDup(Roundup twas taken.)

(male silver)Silverado moon=iONn(eye on north?)

~~

Yeah.... wacky magnet me.*bomb'd*

I have a black I named Hexxd, because his code is/was hxXd. Although I messed up the name- I wanted it to be Hexx'd, but I accidentally hit "enter" and got stuck with what I have. sad.gif

Edit for typo. xd.png See what I'm talking about??

Edited by Savage Destiny

Yup, got one whose code might as well have been a name anyway! Bayt, my frozen silver femme.

Named a dragon Hundred Million after his code 1OOm. Also just picked up a purple with a code I'll have to name her for... but I'll wait 'til she's hatched for bragging.

No I never do this, I always name my dragons according to their breed (apart from my green dragon 'Sproglet', but he was my first and I didn't know what I was doing really rolleyes.gif )

For example my male skywing is called 'Kuuki No Ryuu', which is pigeon Japanese for 'dragon of the air', and my female white is called 'Airmeith', who was a Celtic goddess of herbal healing.

I have a white egg right now with the code 'dr6s,' which I'd totally name 'Dr. Success,' except that it's a Dorkface and I already have another name planned. XD; I've done it in the past, too; I once had an old pink named 'Fiz'gig,' with the code 'fZi9.'

Edited by happydiamonds

After reading a few pages of this topic, I'm crying from laughing so hard xd.png

I'll try to name my dragons after their code too, though right now the only names for them I can think of are all only italian ones...

I never had an egg with a name-worthy code...Until now.

F0oL - Will be named along the lines of Jester and such the moment I think of something proper and not taken xd.png

OCiD

maybe OCD dragon

or

Oh Si, I did!

A new one: a male storm dragon lRoC is now named: Leetle Roc (with a description, not yet approved) describing how he became confused with the mythical giant bird Roc)

I had a vine dragon with the code linz (caps messed) So I named it vines In Linez, pretty horrible, but my mind was pretty dead then

And then there's my water dragon. whose code was hdl8, so I named it Puddles in high def

Now I'm going and looking over the codes, there are so many I could've used D: I ended up naming them all after their parents (if any) anyway. Or just going for some random names.

I named all of them after their codes, except for Desmiste, Damio, and My heart is on fire. All the rest, if you look, are named after their codes, numbers are treated as 1337 (leet)

Thanks to this thread, and a couple of others, I've been doing it more often. lol

That's a really good idea smile.gif I have to try that next time I see a code that I like.

I just bred my Dorkface black, trying to get a geode Dorkface, but got another black egg.

This one has the code NTRL (caps messed up) so I'm debating on keeping the egg and naming it Natural Dorkface.