notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

usually i don't do naming based on the code..

but i just caught an egg with gode IG4y.. poor thing.. what should i call him/her..?? biggrin.gif

A CB Gray/Storm I picked up a week ago has the most awesomest code I've ever come across.

3OOO (caps changed)

At first I was going to name him something after either "300" or "Meet The Spartans". But then I went the opposite direction and named him in honor of the late Bernie Mac. He is now named "Mr 3000".

Some time ago I picked up a white egg from the AP with the code SoRy.

I checked his parents - silver mother and white father.. so I decided to call him 'Sorry that I'm not a Silver', but then I forgot about it and gave him another name. smile.gif

Newest frozen hathling (it gendered wrong!) has the code: aZPx

First name I thought of: A-Z Pics

xd.png

ETA: Another wrongly gendered hatchling, code: R7Lb

Name: 7 Pounds of Rain (it's a spring btw)

Edited by Deirdre

Gotta share:

Just had a Split hatch out. I named it…

CGvg: Classical Gas Vega. I also selected that name because when I was adopting the egg, "Classical Gas" by Mason Williams was playing on the stereo and I was humming along.

RDak: AdhararahdA (Von Hapshburg). Okay, not really in line with the code, but the RD inspired me to name her AdhararahdA instead of my first choice. (Not telling that one — I want to use it on another Split!)

TJxX: Trumoi Arrautza. Another not-quite-fit but it inspired me to give him a Basque name, since Euskarea uses "X" in many of its words.

sNxz: Maori Sinriah. N + z = New Zealand, or Maori; and the "s" suggested Sinriah.

That's pretty much it. I have my own naming conventions but I sometimes let the code suggest something if I'm stuck.

I seem to name most of my dragons from their code. if the dragon is male, the name ends with -eth, female -era.

Code

VhEm = Vehemeth

1aC9 = Acera

and so on and so forth...

code -uwNY on a silver Sterling U win New York.

I picked up a pebble egg on the AP with the code Raf9 being a ninja turtle fan I either will keep it or pass it on to some other ninja turtle fan who raises dragons.

If I wasn't full up I would pick up another pebble off the abandoned page with a code dBst (caps messed with so if it gets picked up by someone it won't get overly viewed.)

7264- (Frill)Subject 7264 (You know how rare all-number codes are)

GnuF- (Storm)Hurricane GnuF

spPz- (Black)General SpPaz (For the black army)

nxXy- (Black)Nix-E

efIe- (Black)Eifie

NONb- (Mint)No Noob

I think I voted on the wrong option, haha. I haven't named a dragon based on a code yet, but I might in the very near future! xd.png

I nabbed an ER hatchie off the AP, code was nICK, so I named him after Nearly Headless Nick from Harry Potter. smile.gif

I also grabbed an egg with the code L9Lz, but I resisted the temptation to go straight for some kind of LOLcat joke and instead named her Lola.

This was the first time for me. I have picked up a black egg with "OllL" (not all caps are caps) and then named Olaj which means "oil".

One of my breeding resulted in an egg (a hatchie now) with the code FUnk. Funny thing is, the song 'We need the funk. We gotta have that funk' was playing in the TV. blink.gif

I hope whoever got the hatchie would name it after the song biggrin.gif

One of my breeding resulted in an egg (a hatchie now) with the code FUnk. Funny thing is, the song 'We need the funk. We gotta have that funk' was playing in the TV. blink.gif

I hope whoever got the hatchie would name it after the song biggrin.gif

xd.png! That's awesome. That song's been playing a lot on TV lately.

I had a winter with the code LCMR (caps changed) and I kept thinking "latecomer" every time I saw it so I finally named him Winter Latecomer. smile.gif

I recently found a dragon with the code RicE but it was only a purple, so I abandoned it again. That's about the most epic code I've found. xd.png Also had a split with the code Kafh, which kept reminding me of a game character called Kafei. Kafei's male and the split gendered female though. >_<

I was just on the AP, and I saw a white egg with the code Scab (caps messed)

The funny thing about it is that the description for a white egg is:"...It's completely devoid of dirt and scratches."

xd.png

Unfortunately, I'm egg locked... dry.gif

I have 2 named based on their code, one that I meant to but goofed.

2OWN was supposed to be Proud 2 Own. Unfortunately I gave the name to the gold below it. So I named that one, It Stole My Name.

O8cd is Headcase, my OCD dragon. wink.gif

9YQA is Twenty Questions.

Posting this on this topic, too.

My friend has *CNN

The dragon's name is: Breaking News

My sister has a dragon named Code Baxy- baxy was its code.

And I have a stone male dragon named Ewo, I think its code was ewo1.

Great name, but the dragon itself is disgustingly inbred, so I never keep its eggs... I actually worked its lineage into its description, it bothers me that much. xd.png

I think my sister also has a Code Fuad, for the fuad code.