TJ09

2024-03-31 - Festival of Eggs

Posted (edited)

On 4/1/2024 at 7:55 PM, Laureleen said:

Mine was this one: 

Reveal hidden contents

gldeldn6.png.554a460562987eb3e52fdbb0e766ce34.png

I just think Elden Beast is very cute. :)

I was looking through the thread to see if this is really the Elden Beast, very nice!

Edited by Stormpaws

To everyone who made the bird eggs this year and previous years, I love them!! EEK! So adorable!

So many cute and fun eggies this year!

Spoiler

1a6kaja.png

This one was my favorite ❤️

I somehow missed getting last year's eggs and the first one I found was Verac's helm from Runescape. I had to do a double take lmao I've been a big Runescape person for far too long 🤣

Is there a special significance to the pargulus pygmies in the banner?
The mints are fun because April Fools Mints arrived during the easter egg hunt, so that makes me wonder if the pargulus also have a reason 🙂

Posted (edited)

They're scattered around the website! Just look for any out-of-place egg and click on it. :)

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

Bandana Waddle Dee!!! Such an amazing and cute design. I just woke up so I did a double take when I saw a Waddle Dee on my dragon website. Sleepy brain like “am I on the Kirby tab or the dragon one…?”

1 hour ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

They're scattered around the website! Just look for any out-of-place egg and click on it. :)

Can you get eggs for your scroll in the event?

Whomever made the Wind Fish egg atop Mt.  Tamaranch, I love it!!! :wub: 

On 4/3/2024 at 6:59 AM, Starbit said:

This is my egg!

Hide contents

It's the Wind Fish's Egg atop Mount Tamaranch from my favourite Zelda game Link's Awakening!

LAEGGsubmission.png.f3659a55b8470ee25c1ec9b904aff89d.png.c29513e59f6911ad35b35f2e576e6a38.pnglinks-awakening-dx-hd-pc-port-of-the-gameboy-classic-v0-FeTHEhSLolGtKB8iK7T3EE8WyftgH3ymLmkM2KVoW4Y.jpg.219a3d1b97f150fda327d62688b5123b.jpg

I even have a tattoo of the game as I adore it so much.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210827-194042_Instagram.thumb.png.cbf241baf59ca86c32ba41a2dceece43.png

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Whomever made the Wind Fish egg atop Mt.  Tamaranch, I love it!!! :wub: 

Here you go. ;) ^

Love the mockingbirds egg. :)

I am really enjoying all the different Eggs and their Designs, kudos to the Creators! ❤️

The amount of references I recognize every year, I love it. I especially love eggs that have referenced Hoyoverse games in the past years, so seeing an Aventurine egg was awesome! (I really wish I could pull for him but I'm saving for Boothill). I love all the silly lil eggs this year and finding out who made them ehe.

This is the one I made, I'm not sure anyone got the reference, though. But it's ok, I'm just glad my egg made it.

Spoiler

image.gif.a4536b1d9de2c1099f881b0d5f2e9fef.gif (its the sugar egg from Cookierun Ovenbreak, such a struggle to make but worth it)

This is my first time making an egg (and my first time posting on the DC forums), I might do it again next year (but better) and maybe do something for the Halloween event too

am I the only one feeling kinda ...uncomfortable... about this egg/the implications?
Maybe there's a reference I'm not getting here but it still feels a bit politically icky to me given the times we're living in. IDK

Spoiler

14oq8ze.png

4 minutes ago, Fyrella said:

am I the only one feeling kinda ...uncomfortable... about this egg/the implications?
Maybe there's a reference I'm not getting here but it still feels a bit politically icky to me given the times we're living in. IDK

Hide contents

14oq8ze.png

That is actually based of the heavy on Team Fortress

1 minute ago, Moonlight_Eevee said:

That is actually based of the heavy on Team Fortress

ok thanks it's not super clear that those are ammo casings vs. bombs strapped to a vest and I was kind of at a loss for words LOL

Posted (edited)

I'm so eggscited for all the eggs this year! My favorites so far are the Wings of Fire Egg and the one that looks like a silly little car.

Here's the egg I made:

Spoiler

It's a Dark Green Dragon in the process of hatching!

Dragoncaveeggsprite.gif.3b66b843ba5b1c7d558939d04ef02166.gif

I've never really done pixel art before. Thought I'd try it out! :

Edited by Ivy_The_Rain-SeaWing

Aaaahhh yes, finally got the Vegeta egg 😍 He's my favourite in Dragon Ball and I've been waiting for the egg ^^

6 hours ago, Fyrella said:

it's not super clear that those are ammo casings vs. bombs strapped to a vest

I honestly fail to see how shooting is any better than bombing.

As per usual I don’t get most of the references but I enjoy this event a lot. 😄

Posted (edited)

My apologies if someone has already asked this, as I searched but didn't find it. Also, I am old and my math don't math very well any longer. LOL! Can someone tell me when this ends, please? I know it states April 7 @ 0:00 on the post but does that mean tonight is my last night or do I have all of Saturday?  What time is that for central time US? Thank you for the assist!

ETA: Nevermind. I think I got it. I apparently can't read all that well, either. LOL! Thanks!

Edited by unbroken_halo

19 hours ago, tjekan said:

Is there a special significance to the pargulus pygmies in the banner?
The mints are fun because April Fools Mints arrived during the easter egg hunt, so that makes me wonder if the pargulus also have a reason 🙂

It's to add a bit more easter into the banner! Pargulus Pygmies seemed perfect for that, since they're not only coloful and lively but also kind of remind me of fluffy little chicks, in addition to having that fluffy short tail that makes me think of bunnies. They also fit spring really well in my opinion, as they are bee-inspired and hatch from seed-like eggs.

10 hours ago, Fyrella said:

Hide contents

14oq8ze.png

Not necessarily

54 minutes ago, Mewtie said:

It's to add a bit more easter into the banner! Pargulus Pygmies seemed perfect for that, since they're not only coloful and lively but also kind of remind me of fluffy little chicks, in addition to having that fluffy short tail that makes me think of bunnies. They also fit spring really well in my opinion, as they are bee-inspired and hatch from seed-like eggs.

Ah. So is the lovely banner your work? Thank you! Adore the minties! And the pargulus fit perfectly.

10 hours ago, blah said:

I honestly fail to see how shooting is any better than bombing.

As per usual I don’t get most of the references but I enjoy this event a lot. 😄

I have to say I hadn't actually looked that closely at it - but I'm not keen on that egg either - reference or not.

I am deeply grateful for the counter at the top of the Easter Basket, because I found out that I had not finished getting all of the eggs last year.    So now I am all caught up.  Yay!

And I am really impressed by the eggs, they are delightful.