TJ09

2024-03-31 - Festival of Eggs

16 minutes ago, Murkydepths said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ufa1a7.png

SPAGEGGI.

(This one was mine!)

PEAK food egg! :D

Seriously, loved how many edible eggs there were this year!

9 hours ago, Mewtie said:

It's to add a bit more easter into the banner! Pargulus Pygmies seemed perfect for that, since they're not only coloful and lively but also kind of remind me of fluffy little chicks, in addition to having that fluffy short tail that makes me think of bunnies. They also fit spring really well in my opinion, as they are bee-inspired and hatch from seed-like eggs.

They do look super cute there. 🙂

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Fyrella said:

am I the only one feeling kinda ...uncomfortable... about this egg/the implications?
Maybe there's a reference I'm not getting here but it still feels a bit politically icky to me given the times we're living in. IDK

Reveal hidden contents

14oq8ze.png

Oof, yeah, I hadn't thought of that when I made it -- the timing does seem a bit uncomfortable now that you mention it.

The joke was supposed to be that it looks like the Heavy Weapons Guy from TF2, who is just referred to as 'Heavy' in pieces of source material, and many eggs in the cave are described as "being heavy". So the pun was that this egg is literally Heavy (the character). Also I knew that TJ is a fan of TF2. I conceptualized the egg long before the current humanitarian crisis was general public knowledge. But I understand your discomfort 😕 

I do myself wear a protest sign in support of Gaza whenever I am outside, so this is not in any way supposed to be in support of violence. Just a silly video game reference doubling as a pun.

Edited by AnthillDragon

1 hour ago, AnthillDragon said:

Oof, yeah, I hadn't thought of that when I made it -- the timing does seem a bit uncomfortable now that you mention it.

The joke was supposed to be that it looks like the Heavy Weapons Guy from TF2, who is just referred to as 'Heavy' in pieces of source material, and many eggs in the cave are described as "being heavy". So the pun was that this egg is literally Heavy (the character). Also I knew that TJ is a fan of TF2. I conceptualized the egg long before the current humanitarian crisis was general public knowledge. But I understand your discomfort 😕 

I do myself wear a protest sign in support of Gaza whenever I am outside, so this is not in any way supposed to be in support of violence. Just a silly video game reference doubling as a pun.

hey, mad respect for this reply. also in retrospect as a fellow artist, I think I gotta remind myself that good art isn't always comfortable and that's okay - that's art! maybe the fact that the world out there is so disillusioning that I'm associating it with egg pixel art is more the Thing here. cheers to you for being understanding and cool about me reacting negatively to a light hearted silly video game reference, lol. sometimes I can't choose between being desensitized and being overly sensitive. :x

If I missed a year completely, there's no way to make up eggs from the year I missed, is there?

You can, actually! After collecting all of this year's eggs, you can collect the eggs from previous years. I've managed to grab 153(?) eggs this season (all 2024, 2023, and most 2022) :D

On 3/31/2024 at 7:25 AM, Oleler said:

happy easter!

i have been posting the eg eggs for the past couple years, although for this year it seems the quality bars have risen and my egs are no longer compatible with dc 😆 i do want to share it, as the last eg!

egg24.gif.aa0a47d7db9a95fd859e7b8b91e99189.gif.2e5fcc00d4a18f30ead2a02e6e930e66.gif

(i won't be continuing these anymore so don't worry about me ruining my resubmission!)

the whole idea was that the funny egs for the next couple years glitch to having some horrific creecher looking at you, as a twist!

Aw, sorry yours didn't get in! It is awesome ^^ and so much work for that animated detail!

It is quite a shame that someone admitted 2 almost identicals but decided to leave such a clasic 'dc traditional' out 🥲 crazy to me🤷🏻‍♀️

On 3/31/2024 at 2:40 PM, makaronryzowy said:

depends on what you think it is. hehe ^^

hey um i gotta ask. is this a tampon.

25 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

Aw, sorry yours didn't get in! It is awesome ^^ and so much work for that animated detail!

It is quite a shame that someone admitted 2 almost identicals but decided to leave such a clasic 'dc traditional' out 🥲 crazy to me🤷🏻‍♀️

thank you! i think i know the eggs you're talking about, and i believe they were actually from 2 different users who wanted to reference the same source 😄 unless you're talking about an egg from past year, then i'm afraid i don't know the specific one lol.

the reason for my rejection was the color count on the transition frames, and that is something i can't really fix since the transition is two different images layered on top of each other, with fading opacity 😅 i was given a suggestion to change it to the glitch frame, but i felt like that removed a lot from it so i declined the crit and stopped working on the egg lol. unfortunate this transition no longer works for dc, but that's life!

Oi how long would it take to collect ALL the previous years eggs? lol

I do log frequently daily nowadays

I wanna have them all but i only have these so far. Has anyone managed to fill them all after not playing for many years?

image.png.8eb61170bc471c9a5b8c1e579fc6cabf.png

Also how many minutes does it take for a new egg to appear? Maybe 5 mins?

1 hour ago, Oph8ianne said:

hey um i gotta ask. is this a tampon.

A tampon is definitely not the thought I had when I first saw this egg 😅☠️ 

21 hours ago, Gluria said:

Aaaahhh yes, finally got the Vegeta egg 😍 He's my favourite in Dragon Ball and I've been waiting for the egg ^^

On 4/3/2024 at 7:10 AM, Twyro said:

The "Thank you, Toriyama" Vegeta egg. 😢💔 

That was mine - he's my favorite, too! I absolutely had to immortalize him in my egg basket this year 💔

1 hour ago, Ioanna said:

I wanna have them all but i only have these so far. Has anyone managed to fill them all after not playing for many years?

I joined DC in November 2023 and tonight I'm finishing the last few of the backlog of eggs, so it will have taken me two total Easter weeks to go from zero to complete (I also collect them on my phone at work when I remember to lol). It takes 4-12 minutes for an egg to spawn.

Posted (edited)

Eggcellent work, everyone!!! My favorites this year are (in no particular order):

image.gif.3a5bafa4dd9113ce090a4554dce7ce45.gifimage.gif.7f7763d047139862a5cf746e80e0459e.gifimage.gif.20a01afedb4b3bbc647abc509bfbe68a.gifimage.gif.8f02d3bc2a06b9fbb8564969b9a22ab0.gifimage.png.0561952b9a06cb75252f551b3ba7b553.pngimage.png.ef76f4f2cff354aeca9a3819fa20264c.pngimage.gif.650f6bd155eff75d05b02ab049e5a2ea.gifimage.gif.6f62fc983b401199187aafc8bf9bd6a7.gifimage.png.569f9dce3ee961c49de2c75bd1946928.pngimage.gif.e8df4a5216330d6208a7cfc2dff2b2e8.gif

I love them all, though! Thank you for the fun egg hunt!

Edited by njelruch

i recognize the god dragon from dragon village and the shimmer from inanimate insanity :D!!!!

8 minutes ago, extyrannomon said:

i recognize the god dragon from dragon village and the shimmer from inanimate insanity :D!!!!

maker of the baby shimmer egg here, FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO RECOGNIZES OBJECT SHOWS!!!!!!

I did play dvc for brief too, nice to see a reference in dragon cave! (am i the only one who thinks the games are quite similar?)

13 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have to say I hadn't actually looked that closely at it - but I'm not keen on that egg either - reference or not.

_sfm__heavy_weapons_guy_by_johnmesa1243_

I am Heavy Weapons Guy and this is my Egg.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, AnthillDragon said:

Thank you for that thoughtful reply. As someone who never gets any of the references, that helps me come to peace (edit: that was unintentional 😂) with it, especially on a holiday like Easter. 💕

That said, I really never get the references - can someone explain the nautilus with the mushroom egg to me? I’m so intrigued and I have no idea! 😅

Edited by blah

2 hours ago, blah said:

can someone explain the nautilus with the mushroom egg to me

Pretty sure it's a straightforward nautilus with the lip of the shell showing.

TJ let us collect old eggs starting a few years ago, correct? I'd like to thank him for that! I'm a little over half-way through 2012, and still have 2011 and 2010 to go--I'm tempted to stop and leave them for next year! I'm enjoying the eggs so much--we have so many talented and imaginative users here!  This year's eggs are fantastic, and so are the past years! I'll almost be sad when all I have to collect are the current ones--having my egg hunt last a week has been so much fun!

13 hours ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

You can, actually! After collecting all of this year's eggs, you can collect the eggs from previous years. I've managed to grab 153(?) eggs this season (all 2024, 2023, and most 2022) :D

Yes, the one I was worried about was 2019 where I had missed the whole event and didn't even have a banner. But I finally just got back that far and the banner appeared and I started getting eggs from it, haha! Never give up! 🙂

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Ioanna said:

It says on the text above the tracker on the page your screenshot is from. 4-12 minutes

Edited by meeps114