TJ09

2023-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins

1 hour ago, Fishkeeper said:

Does this event increase the success of vampire bites? I'm biting some eggs right now and getting an unusually high number of successes, and I'm curious if that's just random chance going well or if it's actually boosted.

I would put it down to random chance.

I have never heard of Vampire bites being more successful at Halloween. Zombies are supposed to be easier to get, but not Vampires.

Hey, might have missed this,  but has anyone able to get full points for the carving event & do you know if you get any special ribbon for it? The closest I've come is 119 and I wanna know if I should save my effort haha 

Edited by alatus

19 minutes ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Is there a badge for this event? I've only had time for one pumpkin... I got 117/120.

You should have one. Its a carved pumpkin with a blue ribbon.

5 hours ago, alatus said:

Hey, might have missed this,  but has anyone able to get full points for the carving event & do you know if you get any special ribbon for it? The closest I've come is 119 and I wanna know if I should save my effort haha 

One person did and at the time (a few days ago now) TJ said it was the only one. But if you know how many points you got - you've already saved it.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

On 11/3/2023 at 12:22 AM, alatus said:

Can confirm, I've gotten a perfect score on heart, crow, dragon, owl, and moth now. Getting a 120 is no different than getting a 111-119.
The only reward for full points is bragging rights.

I am glad there is 2 weeks considering I started from blank state this year...

ToT.png

Edited by Jack_Lernaean
Wrong expression

Still going strong, still loving this throwback event! I hope it comes back from my saved game just like this every year!

Screenshot_20231104-000247_Chrome.jpg

showing my current setup from the previous year. it had one casualty 1500 rounds ago

2023 round 5000.png

Seems like no matter how accurately I carve designs on the pumpkins using the bases, I still get a low score. Is there a specific one that needs to be submitted, or does it matter?

3 minutes ago, requiesticat said:

Seems like no matter how accurately I carve designs on the pumpkins using the bases, I still get a low score. Is there a specific one that needs to be submitted, or does it matter?

You have the badge

6 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

You have the badge

Yes, but I'm asking if there's a way to get ribbons by doing surface carvings.

15 minutes ago, requiesticat said:

Yes, but I'm asking if there's a way to get ribbons by doing surface carvings.

You need to switch from surface carving to full carving. Some designs like the moth require both

Kinda pleased at my freehand carving attempt: image.png.a29a1c13d89efbdf0670e2d13394251b.png

This has been a really fun event, thank you TJ!

On 11/4/2023 at 12:00 AM, Jack_Lernaean said:

ToT.png

Holy cow, dedication. I last played in 2014ish and am still trying to fill the gaps.

The zombie invasion setups are insane to me. I hit round 100 and went "good enough", lol.

On 11/4/2023 at 2:00 AM, Jack_Lernaean said:

ToT.png

I wish there was an award for getting all the treats...

It's a lot for new players.

I'm trying desperately to get all the treats for 2010, but there are so many! I have 22/94 at the moment! Ah! 

I have managed to get everything else! Hee~~

any tips for the pumpking carving minigame?

i'm really stuggling with the moth and the one that looks like a wallpaper pattern XD
I can never get past the 108 score, any tips will help

I want to freeze some of my Halloween hatchlings, so that I can grab some more, but it looks like most of them are either 2nd gen or sAlts, whoops.

5 hours ago, Meruru said:

any tips for the pumpking carving minigame?

i'm really stuggling with the moth and the one that looks like a wallpaper pattern XD
I can never get past the 108 score, any tips will help

Have you tried cutting a bit over the line, instead of directly on the line? Like this:

image.png.78f017eb4796cea458c05586d4de469f.png

It gave me enough points to finally get a blue ribbon on the one I struggled with (the frowny face).

7 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Have you tried cutting a bit over the line, instead of directly on the line? Like this:

image.png.78f017eb4796cea458c05586d4de469f.png

It gave me enough points to finally get a blue ribbon on the one I struggled with (the frowny face).

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it and see if it works ^^
i'm givving my hand a break it's hurting too much lol
by some meracle I managed to get a blue ribbon on the moth so only one left to go, wish me luck !

Halloween at the Dragon Cave was so much fun, the pumpkin carving, the treats, the new dragons, and being able to get past years Halloweenies too.  Thank you, thank you, thank you TJ, spriters, everyone.  Wish it could last all year. 😆🤣🎃