TJ09

2023-08-27 - August Dragon Release

Thank you TJ, Odeen, SkywWolf25, spatio and Marrionetta for all the wonderful pets I got growing on my scroll.

~eggspam removed~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

The female Jaw Splitter's mouth reminds me a LOT of a Goa'uld from Stargate SG-1. And I love it!

Edited by Syiren

10 minutes ago, Syiren said:

The female Jaw Splitter's mouth reminds me a LOT of a Goa'uld from Stargate SG-1. And I love it!

My thought was Predator.

36 minutes ago, PancakeIsBest said:

Why haven't they shown up in the Market yet?

If I remember correctly, new releases show up in the market only after the first eggs on player scrolls start growing up (not including eggs force-hatched with kill or EQ). They most likely will be in the market tomorrow.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

12 hours ago, bord said:

I have to say "Peach Pied" dragons is one of the silliest names, I think someone really loves peach pie 😂 very sweet dragons anyway.

Funnily enough I don't particularly like peaches, pie, or peach pie! But "Peach Pied" was a sweet adorable name with a sweet play on words that was too hard to let go of once it popped up. One of those "be careful what you call this baby or the name's gonna stick" situations x3

4 minutes ago, Odeen said:

Funnily enough I don't particularly like peaches, pie, or peach pie! But "Peach Pied" was a sweet adorable name with a sweet play on words that was too hard to let go of once it popped up. One of those "be careful what you call this baby or the name's gonna stick" situations x3

I already named my 2 Pied Piemaker & Cobbler Gobbler lol. 

I’ve got 3 Jaw splits and 2 Pied for anyone who missed out on RD. One per person if you want to PM me. I know how much I scramble for RD when I miss a release, so I want to give to those feeling the same squeeze.

Goodness Gracious, what a hell of a blast from the past.  I remember the Jaw Splitters sprite design back in the day, even tried to help them but had to drop cause of school (damn I feel old now).  It's so cool to see it came to fruition!  They came out beautiful Spatio and SkyWolf!

Also I think they were based off the Tremor worms iirc.

Also the Peach Pied dragon is super cute!!

Watching my Peach Pies grow up makes me think they'd look really good with some Astraels, like Teal oder Lime

I love the Peach Pied dragons with both their punny name and their adorable description.

One thing I noticed though, in the market and encyclopedia they are labelled as "Peach Pied Dragons" instead of "Peach Pied Dragon". Every other breed label is singular, but theirs is plural. It's not a big thing, but once you notice it you can't unsee it.

Edit: The name has been fixed so it's singular now.

Edited by UnicornMaiden

Why do I get 'Cranky old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn' vibes from the pase/face of the Male Jaw Splitter?

That aside, loving the color pallets of these new dragons and can't wait to play around with lineages

1 hour ago, GhostMouse said:

I love it when a release matches up with the raffle requirements.

I know! I didn't even know what the requirements were until I got the notice that said I had met them. XD

20 hours ago, Odeen said:

lots of people love peach pie (I like it, don't need too much dessert of course), but yeah they look peachy so it makes sense and it's easy to remember (not that I mind the Latin sounding names myself.) And as for logical names that stick, I personally think Tarantula Hawk (wasps) are creepy but now that I've googled them I'll never forget the Tarantula Hawk drakes and I still find those dragons super cool, and peach pie at least isn't something freaky lol

13 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

I love it when a release matches up with the raffle requirements.

Lol the only reason for me to collect new wyrms :))

All but one of my peach pieds are still unnamed, I'm trying come up with something perfect - but the first one that grew up had to become Persikkapiirakka (peach pie in my language). 😸 I'm most excited about pairing them with blue dragons, though I also love them with some lighter-coloured breeds, and green!

On 8/30/2023 at 8:46 PM, purplehaze said:

Are these new dragons in the encyclopedia yet? Does that matter?

My count is at 327 also.

Does 327 include undead as a breed? I've got 326, and that's the only thing I know I don't have.

6 minutes ago, Maia NaViolith said:

Does 327 include undead as a breed? I've got 326, and that's the only thing I know I don't have.

Undead does count as a breed, I don't think the variant matters though.

17 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Whoops. This dummy forgot to put her new eggs in hatching sites so all 4 are dead now. Good job me. 

oh no!!! I'm so sorry. I've done that sometimes whenever I have eggs and end up with a migraine. *hugs* 

------------------------------------------

Thank you, TJ and artists. This was another great release! ^_^