HeatherMarie

Site extra-laggy with a lot of tombstone-error pages

I have been noticing it when cave hunting. I start refreshing and then just as the eggs should be changing I get a tombstone. :(

I keep getting it when I do a BSA - but this far all the BSAs have gone through.

Still getting random tombstone pages throughout the day, just got one while refreshing the AP, took multiple refreshes to make it go away. This never used to happen, tombstone error pages used to be a rare thing that only happened when something had gone wrong. Now it's a nearly daily thing. It's very frustrating. 

i seem to get them  at the top of the hour rollover-which makes getting any possible rares harder than ever as  by the time i get back its obvious dragons have already been adopted

I'm trying to breed some dragons for a possible trade & I keep getting a tombstone page, with no egg appearing on my scroll. I have also been able to keep trying with the same pair, which shouldn't happen.

I keep getting them all around the site- most frustrating is when it stops me from grabbing an egg because I get error’d right after I click on it, which makes it not register and then someone else has gotten it. Back when I joined a few years ago, I never got them, but now it’s a weekly thing.

I've been getting a lot of lag when I open or close the page to move my eggs or hatchies around.  This is when it is most likely to turn to the tombstones. 

7 hours ago, kiramaru7 said:

I'm trying to breed some dragons for a possible trade & I keep getting a tombstone page, with no egg appearing on my scroll. I have also been able to keep trying with the same pair, which shouldn't happen.

I got that too... 

Getting *lots* of tombstones today. And yes I know new release and all, but that was three days ago now and even new release traffic didn't *used* to throw tombstones dozens of times a day. (And it's not just high-traffic places like biomes/AP, it's my own dragon lineages, action pages, etc...)

Edited by HeatherMarie

Confirmed - I'm getting them every couple of refreshes.

I am also getting this every few refreshes. Have been getting it for the past few days, but it's particularly bad today.

It's been happening again. Happens multiple refreshes at a time even, but most of all it's super disorienting going from light mobile background to dark errorcave.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Yeah it was really bad in the ap all day, tombstoning every few minutes, usually lasting a few refreshes, cave just had a really bad lag spike a minute ago too.

I am beyond frustrated with this. Every time I hunt eggs in the cave I get the tombstone page just as the eggs switch. No chance to catch anything that anyone else wants. By the time the page is cleared there are none but cave blockers left!

Is there nothing that can be done about this, @TJ09?

Playerbase increased through the years, but new egg drops seem like they did not at all...  After first batch grows up you can sit in cave whole day and not get a single new egg -.- For the release month it should be that every 5 min refresh there is 1 new egg guaranteed to appear unless it's ultra rare 😕   this tombstone errors appear to me every few refreshes and stay for a few more...   And time is wasted... and honestly like most of the people I don't have it...

UGH. 4 different tombstone-errors within a 5-minute period!  This is so ridiculous. 

On 4/21/2021 at 8:58 AM, Kaini said:

I can't check to see if anything is up with the site's stability, that's a @TJ09 thing. But I haven't noticed any issues. I can paas it on to the boss man. 

Edit last part bc I'm dumb and on mobile lol

Can you poke TJ please? Are you noticing the issues now?

This is *not* just a connection/browser issue, plenty of people are experiencing it. Still. 

EVERY hourly release it kicks in....

33 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Can you poke TJ please? Are you noticing the issues now?

Ye, will do my best. I've got some error pages since the release.

I just got three errors in the last five minutes. Once when trying to refresh the Volcano, once when filtering a group, and once when looking at one of my hatchlings. In all cases the error didn't go away until I went into a new tab.

Yeah, happening a lot right now. Bit frustrating to do anything. If I spam refresh enough it'll eventually get through but definitely seeing a lot of tombstone pages.

Can't seem to do anything right now, getting constant tombstones when trying to Incubate or go to my scroll or basically any page. 

Yeah, it's gotten worse just since I posted 40 minutes ago. Doing basically anything is causing it to error for half a minute or more at a time.

It has definitely been bad tonight. I was trying to do a few things 1-2 hours ago and was getting the tombstone page every few minutes, which would usually last ~30 seconds.

I also can report that I get tombstone error pages when refreshing the biomes or AP, visiting my scrolls, visiting groups, doings BSAs, etc. It's quite annoying, especially if it happens at the shuffle...