HeatherMarie

Site extra-laggy with a lot of tombstone-error pages

Same stuff has been happening here, too. I always get stuck when checking my scroll and picking up eggs

I've been breeding on and off all through today and I've gotten tombstones and instances where the page doesn't even load. It just shows the dark green of the St. Pat's background on the dragon page. 

I have the hardest time abandoning AP eggs and moving dragons around on my scroll.  They are the times when I am most likely to get tombstones but other times it's just slow going.  

Posted (edited)

I got the tombstone a couple of times in a row, and very laggy. Most of the time, it seems that the lag can be corrected by stopping (x) the page when it hangs and then reloading. This seems to work >75% of the time.

Edited by casprrr
Added more info.

Lots of lag all day here, and I've only been poking around for basket eggs every so often. Getting tombstones too.

The same has been happening to me. It also seems like the biome eggs are not rotating. I didn't see a new batch of eggs at the top of the hour 😕

Also seeing no changes in the biomes and the site is laggy.

Had the tombstone page for multiple refreshes just a few minutes ago, it seems to be working again now. Really wish we knew why this is happening so much more frequently than it used to.

Has there been a comment about the lag (maybe in some other thread)? I don't remember the site beeing that laggy during Valentines or before.

The lag is messing with my neglected-experiments. Other neglecters have been reporting issues as well. Death-times get messed up, people get lag while transferring the eggs and so they die midway and similar issues. And while lag during breeding is annoying, lag during catching and during exps really messes things up, because here I do not get or lose things of value.

I've been seeing tombstones on and off for a couple weeks now but this morning I've been trying to move a bunch of dragons into a group and all I get is a tombstone. Other DC pages (scroll, cave, AR) load no problem but that one 'move' page will not. =/

There it is. Tombstone on the /dragons/ page. I did not miss you.

Otherwise, I get the usual lag when I want to grab an egg, no matter how rare or common it is.

More tombstone errors, right now I can't even get to the view page of my hatchling. Really wish this would be addressed, or at least acknowledged!

Tombstones. More tombstones. At least right now it resolves itself in a couple minutes, but goodness. This used to happen very very rarely and now it's a daily, sometimes hourly thing. 

@purpledragonclaw  @Kaini   Is there any way we can get *any* sort of reason/answer/explanation for all the tombstone errors? Even just an actual *acknowledgment* that something is wrong would be great. Kinda feel like we are just complaining to the void here. 

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Tombstones. More tombstones. At least right now it resolves itself in a couple minutes, but goodness. This used to happen very very rarely and now it's a daily, sometimes hourly thing. 

@purpledragonclaw  @Kaini   Is there any way we can get *any* sort of reason/answer/explanation for all the tombstone errors? Even just an actual *acknowledgment* that something is wrong would be great. Kinda feel like we are just complaining to the void here. 

I can't check to see if anything is up with the site's stability, that's a @TJ09 thing. But I haven't noticed any issues. I can paas it on to the boss man. 

Edit last part bc I'm dumb and on mobile lol

Edited by Kaini

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Site is down altogether?

I think so. I can't access it right now either.

Can confirm it's down

Posted (edited)

You gotta be kidding me.

I just barely managed to set up a trade and influence and incubate 4 dragons, got 2 offers on another trade, and suddenly it is all UNDONE?! Offers gone, incubates never happened?!

edit: And now it's redone?!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Been having these tombstones for months. Have glanced at this thread but thought this will be resolved by now. Is it an unreliable host? A hosting plan that is inadequate for DC traffic?

Not sure what the problem is.

I noticed this very intermittently a couple of days ago, not enough to get a solid repro on it. Refreshing a page seemed to fix it for me.

Takes a lot of refreshes sometimes, though :(