HeatherMarie

Site extra-laggy with a lot of tombstone-error pages

I'm hoping maybe if I make a thread it will be noticed/acknowledged more than just posting in Tiny Little Questions?

Many people have been experiencing this for the past few days. DC being laggy in general, more so than usual, not just when picking up eggs but even just when going between scroll pages or other simple things. But it's not just lag, it's actual tombstone-error pages. Instead of lagging for a bit and then finally loading the page, it lags for awhile and then throws up one of those error pages. I got one just now trying to go to the Aranoa Encyclopedia page, took multiple refreshes to get rid of the error page. 

Posts from TLQ:

10 hours ago, Fandom Addict said:

Yup, it's been like it since yesterday for me. Slow when trying to pick any eggs up or trying to breed anything. Couple of people in the Discord channels have been having the same problems too. 

10 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

Laggy in the last couple of hours here.

10 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Chiming in here, because the Lag Monster is definitely out to wreak havoc right now, the pesky beast.

9 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Anybody else having trouble buying something from the market?

It's laggy as hell (like the rest of the site) but even with tons of patience it doesn't load and always gives me the "An error has occured" page...

Agreed - VERY laggy, and also  it is throwing up the tombstone 8-10 times an hour...

Oh! I'm happy it's not just me and my new internet connection. 😸

I've been seeing a lot more tombstones recently, and a LOT of lag when trying to pick up eggs. A good 5 seconds or so.

I've been experiencing this too in my limited on-site time lately. I haven't been on a lot but I've noticed some extended loading times and such.

I was having a lot of trouble yesterday. Breeding was painfully slow.

And tombstones have become way too frequent.

Lots and lots and lots of tombstones, once even got completely logged out everywhere somehow. It's been getting worse all year really.

Is this tied in any way to the mobile change?

Those of us on phones are having to go through extra refreshes and extra steps to do everything we normally do. I know I will be much happier when the mobile problems are solved.

Yup I have issues too on pc and mobile. Lag, tombstones and getting logged out of my account.

Edited by CellyBean

I was definitely facing issues yesterday and the day before that, but I just logged on to DC to check things out and things seem to be going smoothly for me-- no tombstones or delay in grabbing eggs, but this might just be me.

@dragongrrl I just got onto mobile and tested the site out a bit; no lag on my end.

I might just be an exception here, that or the issue has already been fixed. Good luck to everyone else though, and hopefully the lag doesn't come back for me...

Edited by soullessheartofsteel

1 minute ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

@dragongrrl I just got onto mobile and tested the site out a bit; no lag on my end.

I might just be an exception here, that or the issue has already been fixed. Good luck to everyone else though, and hopefully the lag doesn't come back for me...

The problem on mobile isn't so much about lag as the dropdown menu that replaced the icons at the top of the scroll and view pages. More than half the time, the menu sticks, requiring a refresh of the page, and it is always necessary to click the menu to get to the various icons.

I just thought if there are enough people making all these extra clicks and refreshes, it would add to the server load.

I'm on mobile, and also getting loads of tombstones, and also the big lag when trying to grab eggs.

(also having the same menu/refresh issue dragongrrl mentions)

39 minutes ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

I was definitely facing issues yesterday and the day before that, but I just logged on to DC to check things out and things seem to be going smoothly for me-- no tombstones or delay in grabbing eggs, but this might just be me.

it comes and goes, its fine for 10 minutes, super broke for 10, fine for an hour, half broke for 30, whatever. 

There's definitely Something going on, the question is why. Is it a host issue or a dc issue.

Breeding at 4:53 am DC time just lagged horribly, then I got a broken image instead of an egg XD and when I clicked it to see what breed it was, I got the tombstone.

As you said: it comes and goes without any obvious reason.

And the forum is lagging - right now it seems to be taking up to a full minute for a post to appear...

And the forum is lagging - right now it seems to be taking up to a full minute for a post to appear...

ETA :blink:

HUH ?

I hit submit and got the tombstone. And refreshed and - well, you can see what happened...

OK and NOW, adding the last (ETA) comment to that, I got the tombstone followed by "you cannot edit this comment. Too long has passed for it to be able to be edited"

So let's see if these merge.

OK and NOW, adding the last (ETA) comment to that, I got the tombstone followed by "you cannot edit this comment. Too long has passed for it to be able to be edited"

So let's see if these merge.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Stuff appears multiple times even when you do not hit refresh - it seems a post merge is attempted more than once?

This is my fourth "edit" put in a new post to try and avoid these duplicate things. The "OK and NOW" was a new post, I got the tombstone, closed the window and came back through the forum menu.

For the record, I was VERY careful to hit submit only once and NOT refresh when I got the tombstone. They merged - and there's two copies of my post in there. So this is a new post; I shall now submit (ONCE ONLY !) and see how many... and what happens....

My connection, by the way, is very good, and this is the only forum where it's happening.

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Stuff appears multiple times even when you do not hit refresh - it seems a post merge is attempted more than once?

But that first one (with the same thing 4 times) as a single post.... When I finally got back to the thread it was there fourfold...

Whatever - this is Not OK ! (and will this merge...?)

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

But that first one (with the same thing 4 times) as a single post.... When I finally got back to the thread it was there fourfold...

Whatever - this is Not OK ! (and will this merge...?)

OK merged; hit submit once and - well, you can see. Got the tombstone; navigated back in a new window through the main forum page, and...

Ruby - can you edit yours and see what happens ?

OK merged; hit submit once and - well, you can see. Got the tombstone; navigated back in a new window through the main forum page, and...

Ruby - can you edit yours and see what happens ?

It is definitely NOT your connection, nor mine, since I'm fairly sure you are nowhere near Düsseldorf in Germany ;) and still I'm experiencing the same thing.

Okay. How am I supposed to host my bingo game with this nonsense?

image.png.2932f3969047cddd8169c8780d7da573.png

(It edited, but seriously, this forum lag needs to go!)

image.png

(It edited, but seriously, this forum lag needs to go!)

image.png

OK - came back to this thread to test.... let's see...

Fine - NOW -

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm chiming in here to say that I'm also experiencing a lot of lagtime in the cave -- I have my adblocker off for DC, too! 

holy tombstones, SO many errors tonight! im getting a tombstone literally every 30 seconds.

Really bad here tonight too. Frustrating, but is there a purpose? Maybe something awesome is in the works? I gotta hope there's a purpose.

Last night I was having to refresh every (slow-loading) page - some more than once - to see any images at all...