TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, Bambi said:

Would anyone be willing to help me precog one of my NR please? I only have one aeon which I've already used on one of the eggs but I want one more blue to create a pairing. It has 3 hours til it can hatch so I can transfer to someone who isn't egg locked right before it hatches to save them holding it too long and then have it sent back when hatched? Happy to bounce any eggs needed to create an orange variant etc :) 

is it 4d3hr or 5d3hr? I can do it its just a matter of now or in 3 hours lol just toss me the tele if its 4d3hr

You can safely incubate blues, you just gotta precog last, i've done 4. Pinks and oranges you have to not incubate.

Edited by Tinibree

2 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

is it 4d3hr or 5d3hr? I can do it its just a matter of now or in 3 hours lol just toss me the tele if its 4d3hr

You can safely incubate blues, you just gotta precog last, i've done 4. Pinks and oranges you have to not incubate.

It's 4d3hr, I'll PM you. Thank you so much <33 

Soo, of you tleport eggs to each-other they'll turn orange?It should be not a trade, just a one-way transfer, or what? Sorry, this is a bit confusing.

6 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Soo, of you tleport eggs to each-other they'll turn orange?It should be not a trade, just a one-way transfer, or what? Sorry, this is a bit confusing.

If you do a one way transfer, it has to be successfully sent to someone before it can turn orange. The transfer can't be cancelled. Or, you can do a two-way and swap with someone so that you both get the colour orange just through one teleport. If you do it as a one-way, that person then has to use another teleport just to send it back.

6 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Anyone willing to teleport a lure egg to me?  I can teleport one to you in exchange.

You can bounce off me, all of mine are hatched but two one-ways work.

I do not understand the intention behind the recommended post. Why did it get recommended?

It says "What could their secrets be?" in the first post by TJ, so discussing those 'secrets' (may it be breeding or drop mechanics) are essential about this new release, so why should we not discuss them here?

Just now, Kiwiana said:

I do not understand the intention behind the recommended post. Why did it get recommended?

It says "What could their secrets be?" in the first post by TJ, so discussing those 'secrets' (may it be breeding or drop mechanics) are essential about this new release, so why should we not discuss them here?

we started arguing about how long things should flood, that's what it's actually about. Why it got pinned is a bit more of a mystery.

for the name of the biome dragon (which sorts between canopy and carina), what about captivate/captivating? i couldn't come up with anything related to the chirping of the hatchlings, but if something "lures you in," you might be captivated by it. :3

Edited by miaou
grammar fail :/

With the scarcity in the biomes for catching I'd say confounded is more appropriate. ;)  I do wonder if they will be rare, it's worse than just everyone with grabby hands.

It looks like three to four hours before we see the adults. I do like the little red ones best for the biome breed, and I'm waiting on a swap for an orange pair, but I really want to see the adults.

I think whoever called the bred breed "Noble" is probably right, at least I really like that as a name. I will need to get more Guardians so I can breed more of them.

I suspect both breeds will be rare for a while.

3 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

So what are the mechanics for color?

BSA affecting colour:

Teleport

Incubation

Precognition

You can influence without colour changing

What count is LAST action

Teleport for orange

Incubation for red

Precog for blue

None of them - pink

Just now, Spirulina said:

BSA affecting colour:

Teleport

Incubation

Precognition

You can influence without colour changing

What count is LAST action

Teleport for orange

Incubation for red

Precog for blue

None of them - pink

many thanks!

You know, I think I'd get more joy out of figuring out new breed mechanics if there was a much higher proportion of the new release for longer after the initial drop. Right now there's a crushing pressure to not take risks and bungle up because getting anything after the first day of release is a headache for anything that isn't super ultra common.

And I did stupidly bungle up even when things had already been figured out--I assumed three of the colors were biome tied and just influ incu'd them all and now I'm stuck looking at eight red/blacks feeling dumb and hoping I can get the other colors I need within the week.

I'm glad something more complicated like that gets implemented in the game! :) And if it was easy, now how interesting in that? Where's the joy when you finally get it ..

6 minutes ago, yieldy said:

I'm glad something more complicated like that gets implemented in the game! :) And if it was easy, now how interesting in that? Where's the joy when you finally get it ..

Oh I like the mechanic (I also really appreciate that you can use any BSA, just have to be careful of the order), I just don't like that if you mess up what colors you're trying to get you have to struggle to get more scarce eggs while a hundred other people do the same. Staring at a screen refreshing for hours isn't complex or even overly challenging, just tedious.

I like these little guys! If I didn’t see info about the potential of BSAs affecting colour, I would 100% be looking at 8 reds, like I think many people are. 

I have some hatching in a few hours, they should be pinks. But my brain is like, wait did I do something or not XD Looking through the action log suggests no, aside  a cancelled 1 way trade. If they hatch orange I will laugh! 

I havent even started with the hybrid, too busy prioritising cave babies. Bred a bunch tho. Hopefully people will enjoy. 

The hatchies are super cute and personally I think the mechanics aren't too bad, though we could really benefit from a colour-change on the egg. I'm hoping the scarcity I'm seeing in biomes is along the lines of Gemshards, where the alternative colours make demand very high but they're not actually unreasonably rare - time will tell but from what I've seen I'm reasonably optimistic.

Less than 1 hour til the first of TJ's becomes an adult~

Sadly I'm so late to this release and I've only seen a single new egg in the cave... and of course, missed it. Hopefully I'll catch some eventually. :D 

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:

It looks like three to four hours before we see the adults. I do like the little red ones best for the biome breed, and I'm waiting on a swap for an orange pair, but I really want to see the adults.

I think whoever called the bred breed "Noble" is probably right, at least I really like that as a name. I will need to get more Guardians so I can breed more of them.

I suspect both breeds will be rare for a while.

But they fall after canopy dragons on my scroll when sorted by breed? How can they be noble?

Screenshot_20210127-074831_Chrome.jpg

Just now, ericaUchiha said:

But they fall after canopy dragons on my scroll when sorted by breed? How can they be noble?

Screenshot_20210127-074831_Chrome.jpg

They said bred breed, as in the Hybrid! Not the CB NR. 

48 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Oh I like the mechanic (I also really appreciate that you can use any BSA, just have to be careful of the order), I just don't like that if you mess up what colors you're trying to get you have to struggle to get more scarce eggs while a hundred other people do the same. Staring at a screen refreshing for hours isn't complex or even overly challenging, just tedious.

Technically you can't use incubate on oranges since it gets reset with teleport, and neither incubate nor precog on pinks (so far we don't know of a way to wipe the effect if we make a mistake).