TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

I love these new dragons and all theĀ variants of the one!! Really excited to see their adult form. šŸ’•

Ā 

Aside, if anyone has low time eggs (5days or less) and is looking for a blue variant HMU!! I have 60 aeons and two dragon slots to help!

(If I donā€™t have any dragon slots left Iā€™d just ask you to hold onto some hatches for me until we swap back)

I'm not usually a big fan of hybrids (don't like being restricted to the pairs needed and more often than not I don't like the pairings), but man, thisĀ Nobleshield is very nice, and I do like the bright red contrast to the more subdued blue-grey of the guardian. May be the most all around well put together hybrid in my humble opinion.

The adult hybrid is INCREDIBLEĀ šŸ˜® I didn't breed any in case I needed more egg slots for the lure eggs, but wow... the details and pose of the sprite are so clear, and the lighting and shadow are superb. This is one of my favorite sprites in a long time. Fantastic work!

OOHH, I LOVE the sprites. Omg. I must get them all.Ā 

Iratus Cantormaris Dragons?

Edited by XiziX

I like the Iratus colors, but I'm not sure about the adult sprites yet. I'll know more when I see the other colors. These will go well with Kohrakis at Halloween, though.

They are so beautiful! :wub:Ā The Sophos variant is my favorite, but all color schemes look superĀ nice!

I especially like the dynamic "flow" of the Cantormaris sprite, and the morphology of the dragonĀ feels refreshingly original!Ā 

I think I like the orange/blue ItusĀ one the most out of sheer personal color-preference.

(and I totally guessed the name was canta- something ā˜ŗļø)

Wow!!! The new dragons look so good!!!! šŸ’—šŸ’–šŸ’•šŸ’

Ā 

the noblesheild looks so cool and the iridescent colouring is so nice on it. šŸ˜ And the Cantormaris!!!! Ahhhh so pretty!!! The orange one is DEFIANTLY my favourite and will defiantly be wanting thoseĀ eggs via trade šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ˜šŸ’Æ

Ā 

thank you you so much @ the artists!!! I look forward to adding more of these babs to my scroll!! šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’•

Edited by Cowfish249

Adults! They're all beautiful ā¤ļøĀ  Thank you so much TJ and Spriters for another great release! Getting my scroll goals for these is going to keep me busy for a while. The colour variant mechanic for the Cantormaris is really interesting. And the Nobleshield is absolutely stunning, I love it.

Ooh, paladin dragons! I absolutely love Nobleshield and their description ^_^ As for the Cantormaris - very nice colours and interesting concept, but the overall sprite is definitely not my cup of tea. In the lineage view, I can barely see any dragon:

Ā 

t0f132.jpg

Ā 

Such a pity :(

Ā 

Edited by Auriene

13 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

These will go well with Kohrakis at Halloween, though.

Ā 

Oh they really will won't they? I think they'll look good with Alcedines as well, but getting the checker right with that pairing will be a challenge :D

šŸ˜†!WOW!šŸ™Š

Ā 

Absolutely love these!ā¤ļø

So-Cans and Nobles are beautiful, thank you to the spriters!

Ā 

Now to go get them all, hahašŸ˜…

Gaaah wonderful sprites all around! Love it. Male hybrid pose is great. Don't get me started on the red and black adult lol.Ā 

Edited by Tinibree

OMG HOW AWESOME ARE THE CANTORMARIS DRAGONS!

My favorite variant might be Iratus.

Ā 

And the Nobleshields are beautiful!

(I'm glad I like the dragons that produce them, although I still wish all hybrids could somehow be available as CBs for lineage building purposes.)

Ohhhh. Cantomaris have different variants. That's neat. I think I like the pink color the most.Ā  I wish these were slightly less "betta fishy" in appearance, but that's me.

Ā 

Edit: Lol the male Nobleshield seems really at the moment where he's contemplating his time in battle and all the blood on his claws... for his tiny love interest who is too soft and pure for this world.Ā 

Edited by Jazeki

Ahh, such pretty adults! :lol:Ā These boops are going to make such great lineages. Love the Nobleshields, also. Could definitely see one of them going one on one with a Pitfire. :PĀ I'm thinking they'll look nice in a heart lineage. :)

Ā 

Maybe Iratus Cantormaris x Aranoa?

Ā 

Edit:

Because these dragons enjoy the upper-hand corner of the lineage box, I was thinking they could go well with dragons with similar poses?

Spoiler

Wrapping Wing x Iratus

image.png.1819ec99197f84438776d57e5c8f7000.png

Ā 

Edited by lovecats99

3 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I wish these were slightly less "betta fishy" in appearance, but that's me.

And me. I am sorry to say that I am really disappointed in these dragons. Just personal taste, but the sprite is just way too busy, something that seems to be a trend in DC dragons and one that I don't appreciate. The Nobleshields, on the other hand are beautiful. I have not bred any of those, yet, but will be concentrating on those more now.

Results of my experiments

8 eggs were incubated only and turned red. They came from all 3 biomes (coast, jungle, volcano).

4 eggs were teleported, influenced, then precoged. They all turned blue.

4 eggs were teleported, but only 2 were influenced afterwards in an attempt to "reset" the color. They all turned orange. So influence does not reset the color from teleporting, but precog will turn them blue if used after teleporting.

So far influence does not seem to have any affect on color.Ā 
incubate = red
precog = blue
teleport = orange

You can change the color between [red, blue, orange] depending on the LAST action that was used.
But you cannot "reset" it back to pink.

A pink egg is likely an egg that is caught from the cave and hasn't had any of these particular actions used on it (incubate, precog, teleport).
I don't know what would happen if caught from the AP and someone else had already used an action on it.

It really sucks you cannot "reset" the color to pink.

Ā 

My next question: what happens when you teleport a hatchie? I hope the color is permanent and doesn't turn orange? XD

Ā