TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

ok, maybe not orange on the Sophos' tail, more like an orangey-red color.

so the Sophos - with bold colors - (TJ's gVJON) is the precogged one

and the Mundus - with the lighter colors- (TJ's TdVYK) is the default one

is that correct?

TJ's goes in this order, Precog (Sophos), Trade (Itus), Incubate (Iratus), Default (Mundus).

1 minute ago, Dinala1641882 said:
11 minutes ago, trystan said:

ok, maybe not orange on the Sophos' tail, more like an orangey-red color.

so the Sophos - with bold colors - (TJ's gVJON) is the precogged one

and the Mundus - with the lighter colors- (TJ's TdVYK) is the default one

is that correct?

TJ's goes in this order, Precog (Sophos), Trade (Itus), Incubate (Iratus), Default (Mundus).

good to know.  the Currently Being Released page has the default/Mundus up top, and that confused me for a moment.

as long as the Sophos is the Precogged one and the Mundus is the default one, i'm good to go.

thanks everyone!!

Hi everyone, sharing some insights regarding the colors based on my experience :)

I wasn't able to get a single of the new CB Dragons on my own. Every single one that I have, I've acquired via trade. I have 6.

2 of them I incubated.

2 of them I used Precog on.

2 of them I left untouched.

One of the incubated ones hatched and turned red.

The 2 untouched ones hatched and turned pink (instead of the expected Orange due to teleport).

Not sure anymore how the Orange variant is produced.

Ahh! I didn't know there was gonna be a new release this month. Trying to find these after the release day does tend to get difficult :/

6 minutes ago, MomoScarletKaulitz said:

The 2 untouched ones hatched and turned pink (instead of the expected Orange due to teleport).

How did you handle the teleports? They have to be successfully completed in order for the hatchlings to come out orange. 

Starting and cancelling the teleport doesn't work.

Can confirm these:
Incubate last = Red
Precog last = Blue
Teleport last = Orange
No actions = Pink

offering but not completing a teleport does not change color.

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

good to know.  the Currently Being Released page has the default/Mundus up top, and that confused me for a moment.

as long as the Sophos is the Precogged one and the Mundus is the default one, i'm good to go.

thanks everyone!!

The order CBR page has the hatchlings listed for actions is the order they sort on scrolls when sorted by breed.

Edited by Dinala1641882

12 minutes ago, MomoScarletKaulitz said:

Hi everyone, sharing some insights regarding the colors based on my experience :)

I wasn't able to get a single of the new CB Dragons on my own. Every single one that I have, I've acquired via trade. I have 6.

2 of them I incubated.

2 of them I used Precog on.

2 of them I left untouched.

One of the incubated ones hatched and turned red.

That's odd, I have two I got through teleport and left untouched and they're definitely orange. My others haven't hatched yet but those should be pink. 

I need MANY new Guardians to pair with my Crimsons. The Nobleshields look wonderful. ❤️

Of course it will be interesting to see if I can ever build the G/RC checker line I once planned as well.  XD

The Cantormaris? I wish the red variant was a kinder type - it is my favorite coloring. I do like them all, love the personalities of the other three. I have four of the red, one pair each volcano and jungle, two of the orange from the volcano, as well as an egg to turn blue. Still need one more volcano for a blue two and a pair from the Coast. I guess they' be my pinks.

Thank you to TJ, Dohaerys, Shiny Hazard Sign, Adrak, Infinis and Birdzgoboom for these beautiful new babies!❤️

Edited by dragongrrl
Missed one name for the thank you.

3 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

The order CBR page has the hatchlings listed for actions is the order they sort on scrolls when sorted by breed.

whoops! i should have said "in the Rumors section on the CBR page, the default/Mundus hatchie is the top one, and that confused me for a moment."

I missed the release, so it took me a while to get my 6 CBs.  And then I read about the mechanics to get all of the color variations.  I don't have a lot of free time, so trying to get enough eggs to get 6x each of the colors seems needlessly complicated and time consuming.  I like them, though, which is why I'm so sad that I'll likely not meet my scroll goal with the Cantomaris. :(

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

whoops! i should have said "in the Rumors section on the CBR page, the default/Mundus hatchie is the top one, and that confused me for a moment."

I truly don't blame you. They have them listed in one order in the information section and a different order in the rumor sections.

Just now, Dinala1641882 said:

I truly don't blame you. They have them listed in one order in the information section and a different order in the rumor sections.

i'm easily confused, but now i'm unconfused. :)

thanks!

29 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

@cbussiere  I have nothing to offer for a pair of them sadly. ><:

Also I just thought of something, how are people who get these from the market supposed to get the orange ones? You can't trade market eggs.

WB

I mean people are swapping cantormaria. Basically a bloodswap. So if you have one CB egg and want it orange, you can just exchange it for a different CB and both people end up with an orange.

And I guess the market thing is just a consequence of the game no longer being possible to 100% in singleplayer.

Edited by cbussiere

I'm so accustomed to gathering dragons according to location. This puts a whole new spin on gathering and breeding.

Love the new dragons!  Interesting concept with the Cantormaris Dragons, having the BSA affect the color, which also ends up affecting the dragon's nature. Incubation makes them chaotic, teleporting them makes them mischievous and foreseeing their gender makes them caring and enlightened. Whoever thought that up was super creative!

The Nobleshields are a bit bland in terms of colorization for my taste, but that's just my personal preference. Still, the fact that they are noble guardians and protectors is awesome.  I'm going to have to start stalking the AP in the hopes of snagging one.

The nobleshield are gorgeous!! I'm super excited, I need a whole army of those!! I'm debating between naming them after knights / royal guardsmen, or after words meaning"Protection." We'll see!

And the Cantormaris, while I was nervous for all the variants I'm super excited to know it's just based on the last BSA. I just need to trade some eggs and I'll be good! Having their natures be different is so cool, too! 

I honestly am having trouble distinguishing one "color" of hatchie from another. The red/black ones are easily distinguished, but it strains my eyes to see any difference at all among the others. :wacko:

ooh! cool sprites! cant tell if ill use them because theyre a bit busy ans i think itll be hard to find something to pair them with that i like 😧 

Gorgeous-- just wish one could find them !!!

trades are outrageous

can you get pink after a trade/teleport? ie- influence  as the last BSA?

1 minute ago, dragonpuck said:

Gorgeous-- just wish one could find them !!!

trades are outrageous

can you get pink after a trade/teleport? ie- influence  as the last BSA?

This I am not sure of, I incubated an egg and then influenced it and it's still sorting as red. 

@dragonpuck 

@kerrikins

Influence doesn't affect colouring at all, the colour is determined by the last BSA used of Precog (Blue), Incubate (Red), Teleport (Orange) or never using any of these BSAs (Pink).

Aside from some glitches from very early in the release it is not possible to get a pink one if it has ever been teleported.

I have one that is blue and the last BSA used on him was Teleport.

Lots of people are trading pink hatchies today because many of the eggs from the AP are hatching pink. Trading or AP hunting might be a good option for people who don't want to bother with the eggs themselves.