TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Oh, no! I am having a hard enough time getting Aeons from my Aeon x Chrono pairs for my lyrical lineage. :( Must I now give up entirely?

For me I think the red/black will be easiest and the default the hardest, because I tend to incubate every egg that hits my scroll. Fortunately I hadn't done that yet with these when the talk started of BSAs affecting color.

Yeah I'm real glad I didn't even touch my eggs when i saw the varient to biome was not matching. Did 0 actions until they were incuhatchable so I'm set up for 2 red, one blue, 2 pink, one orange atm.

As for the aeon, I would say to try after vday but while the wall is still around, there should be the least amount of aeons being bred.

Edited by Tinibree

I can't believe it, I just misclicked a chicken... The description has exactly the same format on my phone as the Lure eggs. Oh well, I'm pretty sure someone will trade me a Lure Egg for it... I hope. Would help getting me my fifth and final orange one. 🙃

12 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Found this morning that just initializing a trade doesn't seem to cause the color change. Had an egg hatch while in Teleport, and it turned out Incubate red.

Which is a darn shame, too. It would have been an interesting hidden effect and one that makes playing the game solo a little more do-able with these.

Oh no. Aeons were already in super high demand. This will make them even harder to obtain.

I'm really enjoying the mechanics of the lure's colour variants I must admit. It would be perfect if there was a BSA trigger that wiped it back to default though. That way if you traded for one and you wanted it to be the default colour it would be possible. 

9 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I'm really enjoying the mechanics of the lure's colour variants I must admit. It would be perfect if there was a BSA trigger that wiped it back to default though. That way if you traded for one and you wanted it to be the default colour it would be possible. 

Ooh, that would be cool. :) Like a 'cleanse' or 'purify' BSA:

Spoiler

"Your dragon uses its magical abilities on the egg to cleanse it of all alterative actions, returning it to its natural state." (or something like that)

In other news, i'm having no luck nabbing new eggs.

Edited by lovecats99

UPDATE: OKAY SO, I have hatchies...

22 hours ago, Shokomon said:
23 hours ago, Shokomon said:

So, wait.

Are we saying these guys are BSA BASED VARIANTS????

I gotta try it on my unhatched eggs! 

HERE WE GO.

At this point, 3 eggs are untouched, 3 eggs are incubated. Both groups have 1 egg from each biome. I was assuming incubate was the game changer outside of biomes. 

I will leave 1 in each group untouched (outside of incubate). 

Current Status

• Untouched: 
  •   Hide contents

Vq8hp

(Vq8hp)

Biome: Jungle

• Incubated:
    • Hatched red and black.
  •   Hide contents
    85nYb (85nYb)   Biome: Volcano (Incubated)    
  • Precog'd:
  •   Hide contents

Ujpeo

(Ujpeo)

Biome: Coast

(Precog'd M)    
  • Influenced: 
    • Hatched red and black. Influence had no effect. Incubate dominates.
    • Used Precognition on hatchling. It had no effectIncubate effect remains.
  •   Hide contents
    fc1Xv (fc1Xv)   Biome: Jungle   (Incubated, then Influenced F, and Precog'd after Hatching)
  • Teleported:
  •   Hide contents
    IAIYM (IAIYM) Biome: Volcano (teleported to me) 

bj616

(bj616)

Biome: Volcano (teleported to Baozi)

(Thank you, BaoziPanda!)

• Warded:  
    • Hatched red and black. Ward had no effect.Incubate dominates.
  • Spoiler
    cu8nO (cu8nO)   Biome: Coast (incubated, then warded)    

Current Plan:

• Use precognition 1 egg (untouched).
  • Influence the other egg (incubated) in different biome to opposite gender. (to exclude biome influence).
  • Exchange 1 egg (untouched) with another same-species egg in same biome via teleport. 
  • Leave 1 untouched egg as is.
  • Leave 1 incubated egg as is.
  • Ward 1 incubated egg.

{snip}

{snip}

Edit: Got a trade via teleport!

Edit 2: Adding Proof and Sorting Status:

Hide contents
  • Proof:
    • 1512462564_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicTestProof2020-01-25.thumb.png.dab7eb37eb276b1b1fbf1c457b54332f.png
  • Normal Sorting 2021-01-25:
    • 2068748473_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicDefaultSort2020-01-25.thumb.png.0c06cbf48c29d6afb03246e7fe73114c.png
  • Breed Sort 2021-01-25:
    • 634081561_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicBreedSort2020-01-25.thumb.png.4e6d3d62bfb8e14b6f23504bb522e611.png
  • Default Sort 2021-01-26
    • 1411773651_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicDefaultSort2020-01-26.thumb.png.6a96aa0fa69552540af425089a688386.png
  • Breed Sort 2021-01-26
    • 184060600_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicBreedSort2020-01-26.thumb.png.e039be7291d83e3d63a021afbceeda44.png
  • Precog'd Influenced Hatchling: 

• 1600937709_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicPrecogHatchieTest2.thumb.png.68650129a97079e8c7ccd0a00f6c9917.png

• Hatchling Post Precognition: 

• 298458793_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicPrecogHatchieTest1.thumb.png.3d54eb7f57d2915aa21b596631dd3012.png

All my incubate eggs turned out Red and Black

It looks like I used all the "no effect" BSA's on my incubated eggs, so I have a bunch of red babies.

I'll precog my previously influenced incubated baby and confirm if they change color (and get a male & Female blue).

*does just that*

Aw, no effect. Looks like they have to be eggs for the color change to happen.

- Proof:

Spoiler

Precog'd: 1600937709_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicPrecogHatchieTest2.thumb.png.68650129a97079e8c7ccd0a00f6c9917.png

Post Precog: 298458793_DragonCave-NewBreedingMechanicPrecogHatchieTest1.thumb.png.3d54eb7f57d2915aa21b596631dd3012.png

Oh well. Time to wait for the other to hatch!

Edited by Shokomon
updating test status

luckily i kinda wanetd the orange variant the most, so i'll have multiple of those, but i just realized that that means i wont have any pinks... pity :( 

somehow im faster at catching metallics when i see them than i am with catching these new releases...

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Personally I'm quite excited about the mechanics of the release, mostly because I'm not planning on building any lineages or anything that require trading with them, just collecting them. I do kind of enjoy the esoteric processes of getting variants and things like neglecteds and zombies, and the prospect of "working" with these new guys is quite exciting (if only I could be fast enough to actually grab more of them, lol). New hybrids always make me quite happy too, since they give extra motivation to collect common/old breeds that have might have lost some of their luster over the years. A January release is definitely a surprise, but a pleasant one IMO.

I'm hoping the adults will have a BSA to wipe the effects of BSAs from eggs. So if they're teleported you can still get colours other than orange on future eggs. Or you can erase any mistakes with incubating/precoging the wrong eggs

Edit: althrough removing the time taken off incubated eggs could be troublesome. Maybe if it just undid colour changes only

Edited by Chaos Rider

I'm a bit jealous of all of you showing off the color variants, I'm yet to catch my first one :( 

Luckily its not a limited release right? 

Thanks for the colour info!

Well, let's wait for the adults. Maybe they have another BSA to counteract everything else. <g>

Already thinking about the encyclopedia - some of you might want to go to the hatcheries and click on the non-reds you see, so that they're unlocked once it's loaded :) Adults will have to wait for the Encyclopedia Helpers thread, probably. 

56 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

I'm hoping the adults will have a BSA to wipe the effects of BSAs from eggs. So if they're teleported you can still get colours other than orange on future eggs. Or you can erase any mistakes with incubating/precoging the wrong eggs

Edit: althrough removing the time taken off incubated eggs could be troublesome. Maybe if it just undid colour changes only

Its extremely unlikely you'd get to keep the incubate effect without the color change. Xols would get affected by this and I don't even wanna think about siyats lol. I do hope adults can wipe eggs. A basically bounce bsa would be nice.

Not to mention if you do keep the time off, you could then incubate again for insta hatching (or you wouldn't be able to precog/influence either which would be half the point of using such a bsa) that'd be a lot broken.

Now I'm just imagining a world where I sit here on release days and use three reds and three of these guys each on 8 eggs at a time to get multiple sets on day one of release. lmao I'm not sure if I love or hate the idea but its one of those.

Edited by Tinibree

Dang it, can't catch any more new eggs to save my life :(

I only got a blue one, the rest are red. Here's hoping they won't be super rare!

You know, once Valentine's Day gets rolling, they might be easier to find.  I can't remember which dragons they were more than a year ago--but I remember another release that was close to an event that kind of benefited from that.

8 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Oh no. Aeons were already in super high demand. This will make them even harder to obtain.

Really?! I never seem to find any demand for my bred Aeons. I had to test this out by putting an Aeon for free for trade, and I take it back. I'll be trying to breed my Aeons more from now on for you all. 

Edited by Kiyoura

My incubated pair just hatched(red and black), precoged another pair, teleported another and left one with just influence. Hoping influence does nothing to it so I can get all the variants. 

3 hours ago, Wiz said:

Plot twist: the adult of the lure or the noble egg has that BSA 😬

Hi all, I'm late to the party. Has anyone figured out what breeds produce the hybrid? Thanks.

2 hours ago, kerrikins said:

Already thinking about the encyclopedia - some of you might want to go to the hatcheries and click on the non-reds you see, so that they're unlocked once it's loaded :) Adults will have to wait for the Encyclopedia Helpers thread, probably. 

Haha, I do this every single new release. When they start hatching in the hatcheries I click all I can, so I can have the encyclopedia unlocked as soon as possible. Last night I saw a *lot* of the blue variant, surprisingly. Of course mostly black/red. 

I decided to trade one of mine, so now I'll have one blue and one orange, if things go as expected. I haven't been able to catch any more but I'm seeing them at almost ever 5 minute drops, they are still dropping semi-frequently they just go so fast!

50 minutes ago, raevela said:

Hi all, I'm late to the party. Has anyone figured out what breeds produce the hybrid? Thanks.

Royal Crimson X Guardian

Also, my two Incubated eggs hatched. Now to just wait for the others to hatch naturally *I should hatch 2 blue, 1 orange, and 1 pink if pink is the default*