angelicdragonpuppy

Save cookie designs to send to multiple people

Hello!

Would it be possible to let us save a cookie design so we can send it to more than one person? The game is pretty glitchy for me on mobile and I don't have a lot of time to waste on comp, so I'd love to be able to make one really nice cookie design and send it to multiple friends instead of having to make a new one every time if I don't want to (or in my case don't have time)

Good idea; I am such rubbish at doing them (I also happen to have a very random mouse just now...) that if I get a decent one I'd love to use it over and over !

Yeah, I wouldn't even mind if it was coded to only give you 30 candy canes once per cookie design!  I just wish I could send a half-way decent one out again!

I would love that, and would be absolutely fine only getting candy for it the first time. I don't think that's the main purpose of it anyway. With similar events in the past such as the Valentine flowers with cards I really enjoyed sending out a bunch of things to random users (a pun for every flower available in that case), but cookies unfortunately take me a long time to get something original that also looks good. Would be nice to spread the joy around a bit more without worrying about time constraints.

I would also love to see this implemented, particularly with how long it can take to make a detailed design!

I would love this too, considering how long it takes for me to make a Mint or any old cookie. :) Would mean less labour and more to share, which i'm all for.

It is probably possible.

The game is definitely glitchy since I sent one cookie to a random member. It apparently failed and the cookie disappeared.

I left, came back, and the cookie was there, waiting to be sent. I hit the send button then went to my cookies to see what I might have received.

There was the cookie I sent, twice. First to Pourlemoment and the second to dragongal333. There must be a way to code it.

I'm on my phone since the computer died just before Christmas and can't get links to work, but my scroll name is dragongrrrl, if anyone wants to look. 

17 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Hello!

Would it be possible to let us save a cookie design so we can send it to more than one person? The game is pretty glitchy for me on mobile and I don't have a lot of time to waste on comp, so I'd love to be able to make one really nice cookie design and send it to multiple friends instead of having to make a new one every time if I don't want to (or in my case don't have time)

You can click save and copy many times and it will give you as many as you clicked. I don’t know if theres a limit but I think there isn’t. But that definitely works. I asked on discord if its allowed but no one answered so I assumed its not abusing the game...?

37 minutes ago, icearashi said:

You can click save and copy many times and it will give you as many as you clicked. I don’t know if theres a limit but I think there isn’t. But that definitely works. I asked on discord if its allowed but no one answered so I assumed its not abusing the game...?

How do you do that? I can't seem to get it to work. I hit save (but don't send it) and it doesn't let me do anything else with it. I can't edit it nor can I copy it.

10 minutes ago, Twinstar said:

How do you do that? I can't seem to get it to work. I hit save (but don't send it) and it doesn't let me do anything else with it. I can't edit it nor can I copy it.

You hit the button of save and copy a lot of times before it has the chance to load the sending page. It won't show right away but you'll find the copies in the unsent cookies. 

3 minutes ago, icearashi said:

You hit the button of save and copy a lot of times before it has the chance to load the sending page. It won't show right away but you'll find the copies in the unsent cookies. 

Sweet, that worked. Thanks!!!!

1 hour ago, icearashi said:

Huh, I've been wondering how people end up with multiple cookies of the same kind. Why I haven't seen that earlier :blink: Thanks!

Anyway, I'd love to be able to send the same design multiple times without instant-copying only the "current" cookie.

44 minutes ago, Auriene said:

Anyway, I'd love to be able to send the same design multiple times without instant-copying only the "current" cookie.

Yes, I have others that I have sent that I would like to be able to copy, although this is a good trick to know to be able to copy the current one.

Since copying doesn't always work, I'd love an actual, permanent option to save cookie designs for future use.

I agree. I would love to send people the works of art I do on the cookies. It's hard doing it on mobile and if this gets in, I would love to go back to some of my designs I've already sent and send some more out

2 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I tried this Save-spamming a moment ago but the trick didn't work at all, I have just 1 copy of the cookie I worked a long while on with intent to save and send out as many as possible ;-; this is not fair

For me, save-spamming trick is also not working today - yesterday it worked... Maybe it is a connection thing? In another topic, there is described yet another trick, with copying the address bar into a new tab - it works, but apparently you cannot send a copied cookie before making as many copies as you want (I made a copy, sent it and after copying the address bar from the original cookie once more, I got only an empty cookie instead of a copy): link

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

Doesn't work on Firefox, but my partner just checked it does work on Chrome (at least at the moment)

Why is TJ being so mean to us and "fixes" good functions ;-;

I don't think it was supposed to do that in the first place or he wasn't merely aware. Though I would love to save some designs as it cpuld be possible and send them off to people who may want one

it sucks to spend up to an hour working on a design on a cookie that im very proud of only to get one thing out of it. i dont see anything wrong with wanting to spread the holiday cheer as much as possible! i said this in another thread, but if the problem is people spamming them, theres already a (kinda annoying but understandable i suppose) five minute timer between sending each cookie, so that should deter anyone wanting to spam cookies. nothings stopping them now if that was the case. 

ive done some art thats taken me AGES and had to rely on a glitch to be able to send it to as many people as possible! this cookie art is so much fun, as laggy as it is and as big as the brushes are, its still fun. but i'd love to be able to send multiple people a cookie that i worked > an hour on... 

if cookies were supposed to be unique, i think that's also a weak argument (im not saying that its one ive really seen anywhere, im just trying to list out reasons why someone may disagree with this suggestion). i mean, before we found out about duplication, i was drawing the same exact design on cookies over and over again anyway. it was just kinda taking up a lot of time. i mean, just look at this!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a316104453c446bc9b9ac6038fd471ad.png

so if that were an issue, it really shouldnt be, becaues i for one would just be doing things like this anyway, itd just take a whole lot more time, and id rather have efficiency if i can.

the designs are all stikk tehcnically uniqueim still drawing the cookies by hand, but this would just mean its a lot less work and id be able to share with as many people as possible! maybe limit it to a dozenish cookies? 10-15? around there? but i'd really really love this suggestion to come into place. i love to share my designs with people, and sometimes theres more people who want them than i have on hand!

wait did address copy/tab save also stopped working...?

2001723319_ScreenShot2020-12-30at1_17_23AM.thumb.png.e5bac73b838a4f626829604120c8897b.png

I do really hope we get a legit way instead of having to do this kind of workaround...