angelicdragonpuppy

Save cookie designs to send to multiple people

2 hours ago, Moriaty said:

wait did address copy/tab save also stopped working...?

2001723319_ScreenShot2020-12-30at1_17_23AM.thumb.png.e5bac73b838a4f626829604120c8897b.png

I do really hope we get a legit way instead of having to do this kind of workaround...

Yes, it apparently stopped working, at least for me. Could anyone explain what is wrong with copying cookies with the same design in order to gift them to people who want them? Is it a crime or something? I am sure no one is doing this to spam the cookies, it is naught but impossible with cooldown 🙄

It's a real shame even the loophole doesn't work anymore. After finally becoming somewhat decent at making some things it doesn't feel nice to have to go back to sending super basic cookies just to reach more people, but spending an hour on just one also doesn't seem worth it. So I just don't make them much at all. Can we have some kind of change please...? Even just making a batch or something if not an unlimited amount, it would make sense in-game as well then.

this sucks. i’d love to actually put effort into cookies but its not worth it at all to spend an hour only to be able to send to one person. i dont want to send super basic cookies to people, is that the intent with this? because thats so boring. not that fun of an event anymore. 😕 i LIKED drawing intricate cookies, but not so much drawing an intricate cookie and only being able to send it to one person. it makes me not want to send it at all. it makes me hardly even want to TRY on it! ugh...

please! allow us to make batches of cookies! if all the unintentional ways for us to make them were patched, then PLEASE give us a way to purposefully do it instead. i know its possible. 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

Agreed. Now that we can't duplicate the cookies, I'm done. Once my current cookie are gone, that's it. I don't have time to make lots of different looking cookies (especially once back to work on Mon.) It is bad enough there is a lag and the brushes aren't small enough. But this just ruined it for me. I was having so much fun for once and now I'm not. Sometimes the rules in this game are ridiculious and I lose interest every so often. I was looking forward to making some more cookies but not anymore. I don't get why it matters if cookies are duplicated. It just means more to share, which is the whole point of it.

I don't understand why this isn't allowed. The ENTIRE WORLD had an awful stressful year, why can't we have some fun and spread joy? Even if the original idea was for people to send unique cookies, this is the way we were enjoying it and I don't see anything wrong with that. If a cookie design makes multiple people happy, isn't that GOOD? Otherwise with a unique cookie, you get one happy person and a bunch of disappointed people. It's the season for giving, let us give more!

PLEASE let us have some way to save multiple cookies with the same design! MORE JOY MORE JOY MORE JOY

I would love to be able to make dublicates! I'm not very talented at drawing, lat alone with the mouse, and it's kinda demotivating that I put in all that efford and than can only make one person happy.

And I see how you could get lots of candy from one very basic design, but I honestly forgot that getting candy is even an option 😅 I'm just trading art with other users.

So maybe if you save a design, you get candy once for saving it and then you can send it out as often as possible?

Edit: with the simple brush set and very limited color choices I assume that actual art wansn't expected, but I love the creativity and detailed designs that people made!

Edited by LackingDragons

29 minutes ago, LackingDragons said:

I would love to be able to make dublicates! I'm not very talented at drawing, lat alone with the mouse, and it's kinda demotivating that I put in all that efford and than can only make one person happy.

And I see how you could get lots of candy from one very basic design, but I honestly forgot that getting candy is even an option 😅 I'm just trading art with other users.

So maybe if you save a design, you get candy once for saving it and then you can send it out as often as possible?

Edit: with the simple brush set and very limited color choices I assume that actual art wansn't expected, but I love the creativity and detailed designs that people made!

Exactly, nobody wants this for the easy candy, all the other games are way more efficient at that anyway. Just make it so we only get candy for making the cookie instead of for sending it.

Edit: @TJ09 does bribery with cookies work? Should we say pretty please with cookies on top?

Edited by MissK.

I literally forgot we even got candy, I was just having fun trading and making cookies. XD

There could just be a third option when you click 'save and send'. In addition to 'send to specific user' and 'send to random user' there could be 'save design'

I got 4 cookies left and then that's it. I just missed out on another cookie I liked so the spirit is dead. Unless the option to duplicate cookies comes back, I will no longer play the event when my cookies are gone. It was so much fun before so it's a shame.

id like to know some reasoning why this shouldnt be implemented. i know theres only a week left in the event, and yes, duplication was originally an unintended bug. BUT, so many people were having such a good time with it, myself included, and it did no harm at all. i do not understand why we shoulnt be allowed to use it, unintended or not. this event has lost a lot of its spark, a LOT, which is a real shame. i wish we could either get duplication back (whether its added as a legitimate feature OR the "bug" is brought back, just this once) or hear a logical, sound reason why it ISNT/SHOULDNT be implemented. 

Even if the duplicates were limited to say 10 cookies per design, it's better than having to make each one. There will be more sharing and happiness. 

It makes me very sad to think that the time was taken to close 2 loopholes that were making people happy yet we have no response to our request. If the loopholes were causing site issues, tell us. If it's too much coding in a short time for us to have multiples, tell us! Nothing is gained from silence except frustration and disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

It makes me very sad to think that the time was taken to close 2 loopholes that were making people happy yet we have no response to our request. If the loopholes were causing site issues, tell us. If it's too much coding in a short time for us to have multiples, tell us! Nothing is gained from silence except frustration and disappointment. 

this exactly, especially in conjunction with what you said earlier about the entire world being stressed and this being a small yet very cherished reprieve, only for it to be taken away.

@TJ09 i know you've been pinged in this thread already, but that was over...cookie bribing, LOL. i'd like to hear your thoughts or ANY input on this suggestion, please.

My intention was also to just get him in this thread for the record lmao. Any cookies that may or may not have been sent were not the main objective.

Also agree with this: 

14 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

Even if the duplicates were limited to say 10 cookies per design, it's better than having to make each one. There will be more sharing and happiness. 

1 minute ago, MissK. said:

My intention was also to just get him in this thread for the record lmao. Any cookies that may or may not have been sent were not the main objective.

LOL, fair. i just wanted to clarify and ask clear questions to be answered :P my bad if i sounded grumpy or anything, because i realize i mightve come across a bit mean >_<

2 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

LOL, fair. i just wanted to clarify and ask clear questions to be answered :P my bad if i sounded grumpy or anything, because i realize i mightve come across a bit mean >_<

Oh no worries, I didn't take it that way! It might take some patience though, from what I understand TJ can be pretty busy so it could take a while until he sees this.

I wonder if he would be open to allowing a cookie being duplicated once for each 5 or 10 minute (or whatever the cooldown is) period spent on it? Then duplicates wouldn't increase the number of cookies any one person could create.

Edited by RainDear

3 minutes ago, MissK. said:

It might take some patience though, from what I understand TJ can be pretty busy so it could take a while until he sees this.

thats understandable, and im grateful that he takes the time to read these things at all, but i do have a fear that itll be too late by the time he gets to it and makes a decision. the event lasts for only another week. thats not a whole lot of time. im also a bit upset that two loopholes got patched and worried that despite that, this suggestion wont come through, which would be very disappointing. 

3 minutes ago, RainDear said:

I wonder if he would be open to allowing a cookie being duplicated once for each 5 or 10 minute (or whatever the cooldown is) period spent on it? Then duplicates wouldn't increase the number of cookies any one person could create.

that'd be way better than what we have right now..! id take anything at this point.

bruh now I feel done too. I spend twenty minutes + on all the detailed cookies I draw so that more people who like the character or even just want to have fun can have them, but if duplicating is impossible I’ll have to cut down on details and make five minute quickies 😕 It’s much less fun

also make me feel worse when/if I try to ask a person for a cookie. Either only I get it or they’re gonna need to spend extra time for me to draw them

there are 8 days left of the event. I hope we get some result out of this for at least the last three days 😕 

TJ has actively been 'fixing' the dupe methods so I don't think there's even a chance of him giving us actual duping.

52 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

TJ has actively been 'fixing' the dupe methods so I don't think there's even a chance of him giving us actual duping.

thats why id like to know the reasoning WHY, i can understanding fixing bugs, but so many people want this and are really, really disappointed that he got rid of it. i'd like to know some anwers.

Please allow cookie duplication. The lag makes it frustrating to constantly make new designs.

i do want to say, in a different topic, a few others and i have had the unfortunate side effect of the duplication being "fixed", where before if your webpage crashes, or your internet goes out, or you lose connection/time out/computer crash ETC, your progress would be saved and no progress would be lost. but now, if you reload the page, your progress is lost because it will erase it in order to prevent duplicatoins. which is extremely unfortunate, annoying, and disheartening when you put a lot of effort into a design only for your computer to crash (as mine often does!) and you lose all your progress.

I doubt there's a way to implement a way to implement this before the end of the event - but it would be something I'd like to see for next year [I've been sending out the same easy-to-draw design just because there's no way for me to mass produce]