TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

I finally collected all the treats from past years, I didn't think i'd make it XD

no luck so far with egg hunting, let's see how lucky i'll be with the zombies, good luck to everyone and happy hunting

1 minute ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

If you can't catch any later I can transfer an egg to you if you want. 

Thanks. I'm sure I'll get one later. Just frustrated because I'm not normally awake this late but did it for the release.

7 minutes ago, Screech said:

In the first 3 minutes I'd swear I got 5 good hits (confirmation page included), yet my scroll only holds two eggs... but I see that others have more than 2 eggs so it's not a breed limit, is it?

Maybe some of the confirmations were duplicates?

1 minute ago, Twinstar said:

Thanks. I'm sure I'll get one later. Just frustrated because I'm not normally awake this late but did it for the release.

Beauty of being on the west coast it that I don't have to wait for midnight here for it to drop, it's nine here. The eggs are too young to trade, just shoot me a PM if you still can't seem to get one and I'll send a transfer in the morning for ya! Happy Halloween everyone!

10 hours ago, Twinstar said:

I can't catch any. This lag is annoying 😠

Me too. I've been through 3 4 5 6 7 8 cycles and not managed to get a single egg. But the lag ensures I only get 2 -- one time 3 -- tries before they're all gone. 

Hopefully I'll have better luck in the morning, because I really do need to get to bed. Busy day for me tomorrow!

EDIT: Whoo, much better luck in the morning. Had about a 50% catch rate for egg clicks this time. 

Edited by Nimras

Well, I got my 4 eggs. Guess I'll have to try tomorrow to get 5th because of the Undine lol. Oh well. Now to influence.

2 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Maybe some of the confirmations were duplicates?

I guess that's the only explanation. I closed all my tabs a bit too quickly without checking codes, just going 'egg - check - egg - check'. Oh well, I'll just keep trying :P

I thought the old treats weren't supposed to show up until you had all 50 for this year.  It seems I caught a old one after only 6 of the new.  {The 2016 (?) bloody sword.}

EDIT - And yes.  There was so much lag, I picked up three eggs I did not know I picked up.

Edited by RicFule

anybody know how many times i have to try to kill a dragon before it actually dies/ becomes a zombie?

I can;t even get this game to play.  All I get is a completely black screen.  Clicking anywhere on the screen does nothing.   It's beyond frustrating

2 minutes ago, Morphie said:

anybody know how many times i have to try to kill a dragon before it actually dies/ becomes a zombie?

Once it dodges, it will keep dodging until next midnight, so you can't kill it today. Move onto your next fodder, if you have one.

13 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Once it dodges, it will keep dodging until next midnight, so you can't kill it today. Move onto your next fodder, if you have one.

Just killed 5, revived them all, and got no zombies. oof.

Can I just send out a huge THANK YOU! to everyone involved in this year's event?  And this year's treats?  And previous years' treats?  Because all of the above has been so much fun!!  So creative, funny, pretty, and Halloween-y!  You should all give yourselves a huge pat on the back. 

I'm especially happy because I've somehow chronically missed trick-or-treating on Dragon Cave, ever since my first year (when I had to move house unexpectedly in the middle of it!).  I completely missed 2017 and 2018, and I have maybe half of 2016, and my first year, 2012?  I got exactly 4 treats.  So this has been just an absolute delight, for me!  And ALL the treats are so unique and amusing -- a big thank you to each and every spriter!

Also,

Werewolves, not swearwolves!  😜

What is that dark spot that appears to their top left when one of the characters attacks during the boss fight? Game was fun, but the cauldron puzzles broke my brain. Glad I turned on the music for it after seeing a comment - I have all my tabs muted by default. The one thing that would have improved the event would be for a "text advance" key that was separate from the "interact" key, I accidentally restarted so many conversations due to hitting space to speed the text up.

Also 3 of my 8 egg grabs (1,5,8) when I first grabbed them displayed as fogged, but had the proper sprites when viewed on the egg page. But I got my eight, and I did some casual breeding (didn't realize I was locked and missed out on 2 of my CB Kohraki's offspring.

2 hours ago, Sheelah said:

I can;t even get this game to play.  All I get is a completely black screen.  Clicking anywhere on the screen does nothing.   It's beyond frustrating

With or without a person and a text box? Try hitting enter. You dont use the mouse in the game. (Except the rune puzzle)

Thank you for all tose who helped me cheat solve my way through the puzzles! I finished the game yesterday (I wasn't able to thank you). The ending song is really lively and beautiful. I hope we can obtain the songs like in the Xmas Jolly Follies. I purchased the song playlist for that. Very lovely!

Gratitude to the artists- visual and music and writers alike!

Finally found the time to play yesterday and managed to finish. I LOVED the game. Not sure whether my favourite was the "This sand is your sand, this sand is my sand..." guy, the pun-y witch, the fact that you could PET THE GOATS or the enthusiastic Pargulus.

Thanks to everyone involved :)

Biscuits was fun!

And in today's news thread, you DO get a badge for participating, not just for finishing! Thank you, @TJ09!

will we get a chance at trick or treats past again next year?  Apparently the year i missed had 94 of them to catch.  

28 minutes ago, spring_dragon said:

will we get a chance at trick or treats past again next year?  Apparently the year i missed had 94 of them to catch.  

We dont know, but we are all hopeful.

All the treats are amazing, good job everyone! My first treat of this year's was this one and it's my fav. I laughed so hard when the door slammed shut. XD

8pxrbo.gif

Although the game is beautiful, I'm having extreme difficulty with the dark maze.

I'm legally blind and just can't see well enough to do it. Is there a set method to it?

This will be the first time I miss a badge since...ever. 

Just now, Ioma said:

Although the game is beautiful, I'm having extreme difficulty with the dark maze.

I'm legally blind and just can't see well enough to do it. Is there a set method to it?

This will be the first time I miss a badge since...ever. 

TJ posted that you're getting the badge even if you don't finish! :)

Thank you artists and TJ, for yet another amazing event, it's really cool that you always come up with nice things for us to enjoy, I hope you know wee see all the hard work you put in and appreciate it!!!! You guys rock, thank you!!!!

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

TJ posted that you're getting the badge even if you don't finish! :)

That is so awesome. I love this game! ❤