TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Last day, the second time I’m playing the event game, and finally I figured out the hints in the room with the many doors 

12 hours ago, TJ09 said:
2020-10-31-Halloween.png
Grab these new eggs from any biome for the next day only! Remember, there's no special limits on how many you can take.

In addition, anyone who participated in the Valkemarian Tales event but did not complete it will receive a participatory badge after the event is done.
{snip}

For people worried about participation badges...

Edit: Weird, that black background disappeared... Oh well...

Edited by Shokomon
Removed new egg spoilers; fixed text color.

I'm confused. So once u beat the Lich king and come back to the museum and have spoken with the curator, then what? Do u just leave through one of the doors and that's it? Or is that a puzzle too?

1 hour ago, AnariaZanyr said:

Hi, how many treats are there this year?

I believe there were 50 for this year.

However, treats that you missed from previous years are available again after you finish all of this year's treats.  So if you are new or have been inactive during some past Halloweens, there are potentially a lot of treats you could collect.  This is the first year this has happened, but we assume TJ means to continue it in upcoming years.

Actually, TJ said all of this in the first post on this thread, so go check it out!

3 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

I believe there were 50 for this year.

However, treats that you missed from previous years are available again after you finish all of this year's treats.  So if you are new or have been inactive during some past Halloweens, there are potentially a lot of treats you could collect.  This is the first year this has happened, but we assume TJ means to continue it in upcoming years.

Actually, TJ said all of this in the first post on this thread, so go check it out!

I did know about the old ones coming back but I missed the number somehow... twice because I read it the beginning of the week as well as earlier today... thanks.

Finally, I had the time to play the game today. :) It was fun! I was able to solve all the puzzles by myself, except for the runes. (Thank you to the wiki for the hints!)

My completionist self was very pleased to be able to collect all the treats I missed during the past years. I have all the treats now. :D

Thank you to TJ, the artists, and the contributors for this event! 

54 minutes ago, lanette said:

I'm confused. So once u beat the Lich king and come back to the museum and have spoken with the curator, then what? Do u just leave through one of the doors and that's it? Or is that a puzzle too?

Go out the doors, the credits will roll and your done.

I finally managed to get this gamed working and now I;m stuck in some maze.  I'm not fond of mazes, ever.  I keep getting caught by the same bug that never moves from his position.  I have no idea how this is even solvable.  I'm doubtful I will finish this in time. 

Thanks to all who put this together!  So cool!  Love that Lich King battle and the opportunity to collect the treats I missed!

((TJ))

On 10/28/2020 at 1:23 AM, infiniteviking said:

Yep, I have that one in my 2010s!

I was wondering how many I had missed, and since I appear to be working 2011, that's not the last year, LOL.

Can anyone tell me how many in that year?  I think I am up to 68 so far.

Edited by daba555
spelling error

And, every time I go into the game, it starts over.  I saw where he's giving the trophy to participants, but if it keeps starting over, do I have to reach some certain point first?  All I have done is go in circles.  

3 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I was wondering how many I had missed, and since I appear to be working 2011, that's not the last year, LOL.

Can anyone tell me how many in that year?  I think I am up to 68 so far.

Their don't seem to be any for 2011.  However 2010 had 94 treats

Just now, Sheelah said:

Their don't seem to be any for 2011.  However 2010 had 94 treats

OIC.  I just counted the years backwards.  Is 2010 it, then?

13 minutes ago, daba555 said:

OIC.  I just counted the years backwards.  Is 2010 it, then?

Treats stopped falling for me when I completed that year.  So that must have been the first year of the event.

Thanks so much!  That's about 2 of some years, LOL.  I hope that it happens again next year, and my husband isn't doing very well collecting.  

I really love the music for this unexpected Valkemarian Tales game.

1 hour ago, Sheelah said:

I finally managed to get this gamed working and now I;m stuck in some maze.  I'm not fond of mazes, ever.  I keep getting caught by the same bug that never moves from his position.  I have no idea how this is even solvable.  I'm doubtful I will finish this in time. 

That is exactly where I am stuck and I don't think I will ever get past him. He does turn around, and it is only when his cone of light is toward you that he can catch you, but he only turns for a count of 3 and I can't get out of hiding and into the next safe spot that fast. And I'm not even sure if I am on the right path, except someone else mentioned how hard it was to get past him.

Does "through November 1" mean that the event game will be functional during all of the first of November as well as the remains of today (31st of October)?

On 10/25/2020 at 6:53 AM, Teez said:

This is what I've got, up to the rune puzzle... assuming the solutions aren't randomized.

Reveal hidden contents

Going through the doors:
1. x O
2. x x x O
3. O x x x
4. x x x O
5. x O x x
6. x x O x

Cauldron (#1):
1. moonblossom
2. wormwood
3. water
4. trickster
5. scale

Mana orbs:
orange blue red blue

Rune Lock:
I had so much trouble with this. Had to go look up solutions to other puzzles, and this is the one that worked for me.
The order the runes change in: yellow - white - green - orange.
Treat it as solving the puzzle twice over. Pick a rune and call it "1" so that the rest are numbered in order (so, in my case, ye-1, wh-2, gr-3, or-4).
For the first run, consider 1 and 3 the state "on," and 2 and 4 the state "off." (So, yellow and green are both "on," and white and orange are both "off".)
Start on the top row. Click all of the "on" states just once as you move across the row, then move to the start of the second row. Do this for all rows.
Repeat this, starting from the top again. Eventually, you are left with only your "off" states (2 and 4).
Consider 2 your new "on" state and 4 your new "off" state. Use the previous method, clicking your "on" tiles (2) as you go down each row, BUT instead of clicking once, click TWICE for each "on" state (to make sure all the tiles are still either 2 or 4).
Eventually, all of your tiles should be 4.

Now I'm stuck on the first puzzle after the runes... The hints don't make nearly as much sense to me.

Sincerely thank you so much for posting this! Was stuck for much longer than I'd like to admit and this worked perfectly.

Well, this will be the first badge I am missing.  I have never been able to get out  of jail.  Everything stops there.  Not a happy camper.

Thanks for the opportunity to catch more of the past treats! I was here during 2010 but didn't get all of them and then missed out on 2012-2014 completely. I was able to get all of 2014's treats and have a good start on 2013 now too! I really appreciate that you brought them back, and I hope you do it next year as well. :)

8 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

Well, this will be the first badge I am missing.  I have never been able to get out  of jail.  Everything stops there.  Not a happy camper.

You can interact with the door to leave the cell and then should be able to leave through the trapdoor in the bottom right corner of the room.

But either way you will receive a badge for participation when the event is over.