TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Thanks everyone for another amazing event! 🥰

I loved the Valkemarian Tales game. 

The music, the dialogues... even the puns! 😆

Thanks for the event, everyone! It's always fun get more Valkemarian Tales!

I'm off to breed my Halloween lineages. Happy Halloween!

God, thank you, SO MUCH for Valkamarian Tales, they bring joy into my heart every single time

THANK YOU!!! for gifting such a wonderful experience

Screenshot_2020-11-01-03-00-30.thumb.png.fc5e2bc52d42d0cdd604ddb4d7e94373.png

Screenshot_2020-11-01-03-00-37.thumb.png.f8addfa34c6e727e4542c6cbd06b4fd2.png

Screenshot_2020-11-01-03-00-42.thumb.png.da3b3b1d0b788bfdbcabb2e4c8df2606.png

Screenshot_2020-11-01-03-00-51.thumb.png.90099f0abd86f9b1a792bb2575ae877c.png

Edited by TailedThief

Ok, bred my Halloween lineages to the AP! Hope they find loving homes!

Now to make some zombies!

2 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

Does "through November 1" mean that the event game will be functional during all of the first of November as well as the remains of today (31st of October)?

I'd really love an answer to this too, I guess we'll find out at midnight? 'Through November 1' really does sound like it should be playable the 1st, but that's a departure from usual, so who knows.

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'd really love an answer to this too, I guess we'll find out at midnight? 'Through November 1' really does sound like it should be playable the 1st, but that's a departure from usual, so who knows.

That's precisely what's bothering me. But I don't want to start again if I'm not going to have the time to finish again. >.<

2 hours ago, Mewtie said:

Hide contents

You can interact with the door to leave the cell and then should be able to leave through the trapdoor in the bottom right corner of the room.

But either way you will receive a badge for participation when the event is over.

I did see that, so that does make me happy.   It's still the only one I've not been able to finish since the gingerbread house, and I was sick then.  Pathetic house it ended up being :(

Thank you so much TJ and all artists for this great Halloween event!

Getting to hunt and discover all those tricks and treats missed throughout earlier years was definitely a treat for me ^^

Looks like it's done. My son was just in the room before the boss fight, fell through the floor and can't do anything further. I'm really upset for him.

No event badge. Hopefully one will appear for him.

Edited by Skyal

^Same.

I got to the end of the game only for it to disappear when I was about to exit the museum. No completion badge for me 🙃

This is the first year I was too busy to catch a single Halloween egg! Super bummed to get home just in time to miss them. 😔

Ended while I was at the Desipis Temple. So close...

I hope I'll at least be able to finish it somewhere, even if I can't get the completion badge.

I wasn't able to finish in time.  I got stuck in a dark maze.  I couldn't figure out how to get past the enemy in there.  I would have liked to have seen the end.  No  badge for me either.

I think you're supposed to get a badge for participation at the end of the event, even if you didn't finish it.

3 minutes ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

I think you're supposed to get a badge for participation at the end of the event, even if you didn't finish it.

I hope so, but I had my son check again and he doesn't have anything.

I somehow managed to get every treat from 2012 through 2020 this event. I hope the old treats come back next year so I can finish the 2010s. 

It was an awesome event. Thank you to everyone who worked on it!!

13 minutes ago, White Fox said:

Hey, there is a badge now! Yay!

Awesome! So happy to hear it. My son will be happy too.

A million thanks to everyone who worked on this year's event. I completed at least two previous years' worth of treats I'd missed before; it's such a good feeling. And especially big props to PieMaster for the game's soundtrack, which was fantastic! It did exactly what a game soundtrack is supposed to do; I could have listened to it for hours, especially the minor-key desert theme. Is there a youtube playlist somewhere?

I didn't have time to summarize stuff about the expedition members, but will write down what I remember to go with the rundown of interactions and encounters.

Some stuff I wish we had more details, subplots, or closure on:

Spoiler
  • Who was sneaking out to have a birthday party in the desert????
  • Will the yellow-helmed guard ever confess to the cyan-helmed guard?
  • Will Punki ever calm down and give Ponko a break!?
  • Did Sanda fully recover the memories they were missing after causing that dangerous magical explosion, or were they just following cues given by Avery and the other characters? Why did they "seem different" to Biscuit? Will they ever get that teleport spell right?
  • Was the Lich King formerly the Archmage King Eodessus or the elder brother he lost his kingdom trying to resurrect?
  • Whyyyy wasn't there a way to save the Lost City? All that ancient history, the architecture and arts and remains of an advanced magical civilization in a human city that might have been founded by dragons and destroyed by the very "desert city to the south" where the party came from, demolished forever! The Valkymerians could learn so much about their ancestors and the Museum could spend decades fully documenting the place, maybe even restoring it as a historical site, and instead our archaeological expedition accidentally finished it off! AAAaaaaaAAAAAA!

But anyway, if there's a front-facing full-body sprite or concept art of Sanda or the other party members, please link me there. Ngl, I feel some fanworks coming on.  :D 

Ahhh I couldn't get past the flipping tile puzzle and it stuck me 'til the end. Was there a good trick to it? I thought I was onto something to go for a 2x2 flipped correctly in the corner, then expand it to a 3x3, then finally a 4x4 somehow, but didn't get enough time to finish trying that out.

Curiously, how close was I to the end? Was there a lot more after getting past that? Did your friends ever figure out that you have no idea what's going on?

There was LOADS more.... Basically you had to go through all the first round of puzzles again.

This Halloween was quite fun, really liked the chance to get old treats [I'm now just a few shy of finishing out 2011...we're not going to talk about how I'm missing most of 2010]

Hoping trick-or-treat works the same next year