Dirtytabs

Unannounced site changes alerts and discussion

Sometimes, changes to DragCave occur without announcement. There's no dedicated place for users to point them out unless they're buggy or disliked.

For examples, not too long ago, submitted descriptions became part of the action log. And about yesterday, action log images and lineage tiles were given a light grey border.

utb9YET.png

Discussion of glitches and other problems belong in the Help or Suggestions/Requests subforum.

Small update: #tag group/fert filter has been adjusted to allow more precise filtering with combinations, i.e. #reddragon #2g. +1 from me.

#tag filter in general is also unnanounced but super useful, allowing people to automatically search #cb, #bred, #2g (etc), biomes such as #jungle or #market, and breeds.

On the Portal 2 skins, an unnamed creature's code formatting is now case sensitive.

hLE3lkO.png

Names are still formatted as all-caps.

Ohhh I don't like that. I liked using the allcaps on the view page to obscure capitalization in screenshots and quickly check for i/L mixups.

It was already case-sensitive before, just the display style changed.

With the according browser addon, you could add that back using a custom style.

How long ago did the Shallow Water BSA page change?

On 7/13/2020 at 4:13 AM, Shadowdrake said:

Small update: #tag group/fert filter has been adjusted to allow more precise filtering with combinations, i.e. #reddragon #2g. +1 from me.

#tag filter in general is also unnanounced but super useful, allowing people to automatically search #cb, #bred, #2g (etc), biomes such as #jungle or #market, and breeds.

OK - please explain to a technologically challenged person what you are talking about? I've only used the dropdown so far and this sounds super useful.

When you use the "Add Dragons" page or Fertility, you are presented with a filtering field.

In this, you can type either

- a dragon's name (or part of it)

- its code (or part of it)

- breed name (or part of it)

- or tags:

#cb

#bred

#2g

#alpine

#coast

#market

... etc.

#pinkdragon

#goldenwyvern

These tags only work when typed out completely, no partial matches. But you can combine them!

E.g.

#goldenwyvern #cb

gets me all my caveborn GWs, while

#goldenwyvern #bred

gets me only my lineaged GWs. Of course, I could go directly for the 4th gens only:

#goldenwyvern #4g

7 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

On the Portal 2 skins, an unnamed creature's code formatting is now case sensitive.

❤️ Oh thank goodness, how lovely! Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! I would have noticed soon-ish, but it's super nice to see a small announcement about this.

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

How long ago did the Shallow Water BSA page change?

I checked the Fandom wiki to see if the Breed Specific Actions image had changed recently. It changed at least since yesterday.

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

When you use the "Add Dragons" page or Fertility, you are presented with a filtering field.

- or tags:

#cb

#bred

#2g

#alpine

#coast

#market

... etc.

#pinkdragon

#goldenwyvern

These tags only work when typed out completely, no partial matches. But you can combine them!

E.g.

#goldenwyvern #cb

#goldenwyvern #bred

gets me only my lineaged GWs. Of course, I could go directly for the 4th gens only:

#goldenwyvern #4g

This is a super helpful rundown of things! Is there a recorded list of filtering tags anywhere?

2 minutes ago, Paintra said:

This is a super helpful rundown of things! Is there a recorded list of filtering tags anywhere?

Well ... mostly, you can probably deduct it yourself from the list above. You also can find them in the source code of the "Add Dragons" page, if you feel like snooping some JSON data.

Like, you know that #2g and #4g works, so any other number probably also works, provided you have a matching dragon.

Then there's #cave, #market and one for each of the six biomes.

And finally, one for each breed name - the official version without spaces or dashes, but including parenthesis, e.g. #seasonaldragon(summer) or #redtailedwyrm

29 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well ... mostly, you can probably deduct it yourself from the list above. You also can find them in the source code of the "Add Dragons" page, if you feel like snooping some JSON data.

Like, you know that #2g and #4g works, so any other number probably also works, provided you have a matching dragon.

Then there's #cave, #market and one for each of the six biomes.

And finally, one for each breed name - the official version without spaces or dashes, but including parenthesis, e.g. #seasonaldragon(summer) or #redtailedwyrm

That's super helpful, thanks! Just wanted to see if there were any others that weren't derivative from the ones you listed ^^

I couldn't find any others. I would have considered something like #egg, #frozen, #adult super helpful, but these don't exist, probably because they only make sense with "Add Dragons", not with Fertility.

7 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

- or tags:

#cb

#bred

#2g

#alpine

#coast

#market

... etc.

#pinkdragon

#goldenwyvern

E.g.

#goldenwyvern #cb

#goldenwyvern #bred

#goldenwyvern #4g

I was never aware of that - THANKS for the explanation, Ruby

51 minutes ago, Herk said:

I was never aware of that - THANKS for the explanation, Ruby

Few people are xD

We only learned about it cus TJ tossed out the fact that it exists in some random thread.

Oh, another unannounced feature: apparently, the breeding week of Halloween is the 2nd-highest chance of zombie revival, higher than 31sts but lower than Halloween itself. Not very useful for adults, but could be helpful for a few extra tries on mass hatchie deaths.

On 7/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, Dirtytabs said:

And about yesterday, action log images and lineage tiles were given a light grey border.

The new grey border also appears around the tile images in the custom sort menus.

On 7/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, Shadowdrake said:

Oh, another unannounced feature: apparently, the breeding week of Halloween is the 2nd-highest chance of zombie revival, higher than 31sts but lower than Halloween itself.

Where is this information from? As far as I remember, TJ once said there were only 4 tiers: Halloween > 31st > night > day

Haha, he even replied to me saying the exact same thing then...  :lol:  Thank you for linking it @Shadowdrake ! I'll try to update my brain so I remember correctly next time...

**edit** Okay maybe I'm crazy and this is not actually happening -- just picked up an egg and it seemed the existing ones filed to the left as usual. So strange.

Does anyone know when it was changed to have new CB eggs appear in the same 1 of 3 slots as the one that was just picked up, instead of automatically appearing in the furthest right slot? Must have been for a while now and only just noticed, totally having to retrain my brain for picking up eggs haha.

Edited by Sunvera

@Sunvera it definitely happens, I think it was noticed a few weeks before the xeno release? Sometimes they file in, sometimes they fill the gap and sometimes it shuffles all the slots.

I never saw it do otherwise....

The "not filling the right slot" has definitely been longer than a few weeks before Xeno release, that one was has been a while. 

Offered on a trade last night with an ER egg, and woke up this morning to a hatchling and the offer still there! Don't know when this change happened but I am glad for it!  I just double checked my action log and please disregard!! I'm a dummy and apparently reoffered earlier in the morning in a very tired stupor 😩 

As a player that does put in a lot of time on mobile, I am not a fan of the giant "Remove" button in groups now...

Edited by schenanigans

9 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

Offered on a trade last night with an ER egg, and woke up this morning to a hatchling and the offer still there! Don't know when this change happened but I am glad for it! 

Wow, that's super nice! I bet it happened really recently, it definitely wasn't long ago when I had an offer canceled because the egg had hatched overnight... I wonder if this change also affects the trades and transfers you put up yourself. (Has anyone noticed?) I hope so but I'm glad as well, anyway!

Well I wish that had happened to me overnight; I just had to remake the trade - I had offered an egg that hatched !

Edited by Fuzzbucket