Dirtytabs

Unannounced site changes alerts and discussion

Just caught that!  Be careful with it--there's no "are you sure?"  Luckily I tested it on an egg at the top of my scroll that I could add right back in!

The mobile groups changed too, and the tiles in the progeny view so some dragons don't even show.

Screenshot_20200719-214150.thumb.jpg.68b6aa3ebe35ed107445521981bc4c98.jpg

8 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Just caught that!  Be careful with it--there's no "are you sure?"  Luckily I tested it on an egg at the top of my scroll that I could add right back in!

Well ... now there IS that "are you sure" popup, and I wish I could just disable it. I was just in the middle of removing a couple dozen of dragons from a group when this started! :(

I wish I could just use a "remove dragons" dialog just like there is one for adding ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

... I guess my thread for these exact things was forgotten, huh...

Can threads fuse?

38 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Can threads fuse?

Probably. PM a mod?

On 7/21/2020 at 10:13 AM, Shokomon said:

... I guess my thread for these exact things was forgotten, huh...

Can threads fuse?

Oh, well... I didn't want to discuss forum changes because that's separate from the main site and TJ doesn't have control over Invision's decisions

I was also thinking more along the lines of "this egg sprite changed" or "description comments allow more characters" rather than layout.

but to be honest, I also forgot about that thread.

Edited by Dirtytabs

On 7/22/2020 at 3:22 PM, Dirtytabs said:

Oh, well... I didn't want to discuss forum changes because that's separate from the main site and TJ doesn't have control over Invision's decisions

I was also thinking more along the lines of "this egg sprite changed" or "description comments allow more characters" rather than layout.

but to be honest, I also forgot about that thread.

It's all good. The one I made is for basically everything kind of change (forum, website, or mobile) that doesn't have any corresponding thread, so maybe you can keep it if it's just website things?

IDK 

I'm not a mod.

And it's all good. My thread doesn't get a lot of traffic unless I notice something.

43 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

Is this new or did I just miss this in the past?

unlock.jpg

You may have missed it. That's the Staterae egg, you can probably hunt them down in hatcheries to click and unlock.

I've unlocked it meanwhile. But is it new that it does show why you cannot buy it? So far it just did not show up in the list, yes?

It has been in the list as soon as the other new Xenos popped in there, which was about a week after release.

https://dragcave.net/view/xwrvj

If you mean the unlock message in general, this one has also been there since the beginning. Screenshot with message from 2 years ago:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Does anyone have an exact date when egg replacement in the cave (when someone picks up an egg) switched from "always fill in a new egg from the right" (so it was clever to keep your mouse over the right-most spot when hunting) to "add a new egg and randomly reshuffle the eggs"?

I know it's been that way for several weeks, but I didn't even think to take note of when *I* first noticed it. (Mostly because I was pretty sure it had been that way for a few days back when I did first notice it, because I hadn't been cave-hunting for something like a week or more.)

4 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

@pinkgothic I have no answer but I was discussing this with someone on another thread in March!

Ooh, great. That's probably really close to the date. I sadly never spoke to anyone about it when I noticed it. I was monitoring Tiny Little Questions around the time I noticed and it never cropped up there - I see I should have looked elsewhere. XD Thanks a bunch!

If anyone else has a more precise date, I'm obviously all ears, but this definitely helps a lot. ❤️

If I recall correctly, upon seeing that post, I was thinking something along the lines "but it's only been a few days like this, and at first I thought it was just a bug ..."

I *think* I noticed it the week before that post, on the weekend.

Now that the Remove button bug is fixed (yay!), you can semi-quickly remove dragons from a group on the group page by Command/Control-clicking remove and hitting Enter/Confirm, to avoid the page refreshing every time. You'll have to close a bunch of tabs after.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:41 PM, Dirtytabs said:

Now that the Remove button bug is fixed (yay!), you can semi-quickly remove dragons from a group on the group page by Command/Control-clicking remove and hitting Enter/Confirm, to avoid the page refreshing every time. You'll have to close a bunch of tabs after.

Doesn't seem to work with Firefox, sadly.

Today I discovered that the approve/abstain/reject buttons for user description-reviewing are now larger, colour-coded, and square.

16 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Today I discovered that the approve/abstain/reject buttons for user description-reviewing are now larger, colour-coded, and square.

That's on a regular computer? On my phone, they're larger but still rectangular.

Yeah, on a computer. Previously, the buttons had been kinda oval-y (I guess maybe a rectangle-with-rounded-corners, but I tended to think of them as ovals). The new buttons are definitely rectangular. I did say 'square' in my first post, but in retrospect that's the wrong word.

I see no change on my PC:

image.png

OH - but on the default skin:

image.png.d263cd10c734ed566565e95084070252.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Creating a brand new teleport link now appends ?new=1 to the URL.

1 hour ago, Dirtytabs said:

Creating a brand new teleport link now appends ?new=1 to the URL.

Yes, that started a few days ago. Seems to be in response to a Help thread.