Dirtytabs

Unannounced site changes alerts and discussion

Gonna have to agree with the above, only seeing one dragon when breeding feels silly when... it's an action involving multiple dragons, you know?  Hopefully it's just an unintended glitch and gets fixed tbh

There's actually a thread about this - I HOPE it's a glitch.

To spare people looking it up in the other thread: Yep, it is a glitch. It'll be fixed soon.

Items in the AP now have a minimum 40 x 40 pixel "hitbox", instead of being the size of the sprite. This means you can slightly miss clicking/tapping on an egg/hatchling and still pick it up.

14 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Items in the AP now have a minimum 40 x 40 pixel "hitbox", instead of being the size of the sprite. This means you can slightly miss clicking/tapping on an egg/hatchling and still pick it up.

Wild guess but I'm pretty sure that's been there for a while. At least I remember noticing it myself several months ago, but even then I had a feeling it was just like that.

Edited by Lushwave
spelling

Oh. Maybe.

OK - this is new, right!?

1586323527_ScreenShot2021-04-15at11_45_38PM.png.fe8770332239e9593c4a4b8164d1023e.png

Definitely new. Didn't see that second part last week.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:42 PM, Lagie said:

The mobile groups changed too, and the tiles in the progeny view so some dragons don't even show.

Screenshot_20200719-214150.thumb.jpg.68b6aa3ebe35ed107445521981bc4c98.jpg

I do not like this.

I want it changed. Bleck.

Edit: @Lagie Can I use this screen shot for a suggestion thread?

Edited by Shokomon

9 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Edit: @Lagie Can I use this screen shot for a suggestion thread?

Certainly!

This menu on the Dragons page (on desktop) is new for me:

78838376_ScreenShot2021-05-16at9_52_54PM.png.73bb6494dca7e05730c5e2460bdb075e.png

47 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

This menu on the Dragons page (on desktop) is new for me:

78838376_ScreenShot2021-05-16at9_52_54PM.png.73bb6494dca7e05730c5e2460bdb075e.png

This is an announced change!  See TJ's thread in the news. :)

Oh there was a news. I dumb. XD 

7 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

They updated the copper sprites without announcement.

They look much more washed out now to me. 😕

This is true. Here's a before and after. No change in the hatchie sprites btw. I like how the newer ones have more clarity and are less blurred, especially for the middle variant.

Spoiler

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/726324781833650206/845254955010490398/SPOILER_unknown.png

Edited by Lovecats

Yeah they were a little....not pillow-shaded but like, patch-shaded? I liked them just fine. Lost some of the green and orange from the orange and green coppers respectively. I'm guessing the new copper required an update so they just did the rest too.

I liked the wings on the original female more, they look smooth. I'm not a fan of this "scratchy" type of shading that seems to be all the rage now. :rolleyes:

I think the female lost something in its wing fingers, but I like the different depth to its wings. The sprites look a little more... I dunno, statuesque? Less shiny and more roughened.

Yeah I really liked the pop of color on the outside edge of the blue ones in particular.

The rainbows having a lot less blue-green in them is going to mess with a lot of lines that planned around that color ratio...

3 hours ago, Guillotine said:

The rainbows having a lot less blue-green in them is going to mess with a lot of lines that planned around that color ratio...

Now that I look at it, this is partly true for this lineage i've always liked. It used to pop more, but now it looks a little duller? Might just be my monitor, tho. I still think this line looks good.

I'm pretty sure the Gemshards (the old ones) got a slight sprite update. Not sure when, but probably same time as this new release, since the old hatchies still show in the wiki. (Tried taking screenshots of the ones on the wiki but they come out blurry for some reason.)  (adults look a tad different too but too lazy to do more screenshots, lol)

current screenshot of my frozens on the left, screenshot from 2015 on right, enlarged for detail:

79cdaafb72494f9a04a5282fe1036f2e.png                                                       d847a112628f8180607a040352e3ad74.png

Edited by HeatherMarie

41 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

(adults look a tad different too but too lazy to do more screenshots, lol)

heres a quick comparison of the adult green male

image.png.070ab2b436e72f16aff0ba61d309eb5f.png  vs image.png.fdc89eb0628cb8cdc1dfb59acfb5b3ed.png

a lot more saturated, and a bit fuller. and very much more round. (especially in the horns, the tails, and the snout. 

Edited by lexi_
fixed second image not working

I adore the new eye in particular. Can make out the head shape a lot better too. Even more excited to start using gems in lineages.

Hatchies just got a slight shade adjustment. 

I just noticed a tiny change. The text for named hatchlings on the teleport page is now just (Named) instead of (Cannot teleport named hatchlings). The longer text is still shown when you're making an offer on someone else's trade, though. I have no idea when the wording was changed?

It might be because of the thread about moving the checkboxes to make it easier to tell what you're clicking on. Either way it's new. I'd go so far to assume its from when he set up the release.