Dirtytabs

Unannounced site changes alerts and discussion

Looks like the Imperial Fleshcrowne Encyclopedia page no longer randomly cycles through the biomes upon each refresh, so maybe now it *actually* shows their current drop location.

Wonder when that changed?

Did the Groups index page literally just change to now tell you if the group is public/private/highlighted and how many dragons it has? Or did I really never notice that before?

Edited by Lagie
Typo

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Did the Groups index page literally just change to now tell you if the group is public/private/highlighted and how many dragons it has? Or did I really never notice that before?

no? that's been like that as long as i've been paying attention.... at least since the summer, i think.

20 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hmmm...I feel unsure, but it's quite useful, so I think I would have remembered it.  I think it's new! :)

@trystan I don't remember seeing the number of dragons before, but maybe I'm wrong...

Edited by random_dragon_collector

20 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

@trystan I don't remember seeing the number of dragons before, but maybe I'm wrong...

i'm a numbers person - i know they were there when i took quite some time and grouped ALL my dragons by the year that i got their egg (some dragons were eggs one year, but were an adult by the new year), and i then i used my spreadsheet to find out how many dragons i had from each year and was able to compare the numbers from the groups list.  for all i know that could have been back at the beginning of this month, my sense of time is cr@p.

42 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm a numbers person - i know they were there when i took quite some time and grouped ALL my dragons by the year that i got their egg (some dragons were eggs one year, but were an adult by the new year), and i then i used my spreadsheet to find out how many dragons i had from each year and was able to compare the numbers from the groups list.  for all i know that could have been back at the beginning of this month, my sense of time is cr@p.

I believe you! :)

ah ha! i did still have it!  behind the spoiler is my group list as of sept 7, 2020.  at least, that's what the file name is - "screenshot 2020-09-07"

nice to see i kinda have a sense of time?

i also have a few more groups not in this screenshot, too XD 

Spoiler

1047787781_Screenshot2020-09-07at8_10_15PM.png.5db0ededc8aae7e7f43c2bca7a2741de.png

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

It has always shown that.

I'm using the old Blackout skin which doesn't have a lot of details, so maybe it's easier for me to notice the things that actually matter on the site? XD

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It has always shown that.

That's so weird. I could have sworn they were centered on my phone, and now they're off to the left.

Ah well. I'm not usually unobservant... XD

I am pretty sure this season's Halloween adults reading as "<Dragon name> will be able to breed in x days." instead of "<Dragon name> has bred recently. It will be able to breed again in x days." is not actually new right now, but I can't remember when that was changed. Can someone help someone with a failing memory out? ❤️

The text size of mates' and children's names on a progeny has shrunk by a point or two (on Portal 2 skin).

Error message for nonexistent view/progeny/lineage pages changed from

The page you are looking for does not appear to exist. Try some of these recommendations:

to

The page you are looking for does not appear to exist. If you entered the URL manually, check to make sure it doesn’t contain a typo.

recently.

Edited by Dirtytabs

On mobile, the fairly subtle <, > and <<, >> keys are now surrounded by what seem like ginormous click boxes. I prefered the subtle look.

1601823163_SmartSelect_20210206-192559_SamsungInternet.jpg.84fc4d5f9993966b715fb5670063893f.jpg

At some point, group addition page now tells you you can select multiple dragons. This seems to have been rolled out for phones earlier than tablets, as my tablet only changed from saying "Ctrl click" recently. Whether it actually works on all phones is debatable because there's a lot of reports saying long press doesn't work quite right.

Edited by Shadowdrake

On 2/6/2021 at 7:41 PM, Lagie said:

On mobile, the fairly subtle <, > and <<, >> keys are now surrounded by what seem like ginormous click boxes. I prefered the subtle look.

They're gone! Back to normal. Thank you, @TJ09!

Today's change is one that @dragongrrl mentioned in TLQ - the links to the BB Code and groups are now in a three dot dropdown to the top right. Is there any particular reason for the new extra step, @TJ09?

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Today's change is one that @dragongrrl mentioned in TLQ - the links to the BB Code and groups are now in a three dot dropdown to the top right. Is there any particular reason for the new extra step, @TJ09?

Yes, I started another thread on the menu weirdness because it was getting lost in TLQ and it is even weirder now.

I wish my phone screenshots still worked. This new change is bizarre.

ETA the long press generally works just fine on my phone, LG Stylo 5 w/Chrome.

Edited by dragongrrl

i have the Action Log, Groups, and Sort Options on the three dot dropdown. i don't know where my BBCode links are though.

the Sort Option also sits on top of the text that's above the link to share your dragons, so i had to tap it just right.

i have an android 11 (on a Samsung Galaxy S10e) with chrome 89.0.4389.86, if that helps

37 minutes ago, trystan said:

i have the Action Log, Groups, and Sort Options on the three dot dropdown. i don't know where my BBCode links are though.

the Sort Option also sits on top of the text that's above the link to share your dragons, so i had to tap it just right.

i have an android 11 (on a Samsung Galaxy S10e) with chrome 89.0.4389.86, if that helps

Mine are here:

Screenshot_20210311-192805.thumb.png.c1fe3b624f260ddeff9d56a652857c32.png

and

Screenshot_20210311-192811.thumb.png.677aaf3d6966c717f9c45843c5e61b12.png

here's what I have

three dots menu all the way to the right

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210311-193408_Chrome.jpg

menu opened 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210311-193517_Chrome.jpg

and when  I zoom out,  one of the  times I did see the menu opened out, so my menu is over the edge of my browser screen. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210311-193533_Chrome.jpg

I thought I'd test it out on my phone, but I generally use  laptop or desktop computer 

Edited by trystan
formatting

Sometimes the … dropdown menu doesn't respond at all unless I refresh the page. 😕 I'm on Android 9, tested on Chrome and Ghostery. 

Edited by sleepymuggle

1 hour ago, sleepymuggle said:

Sometimes the … dropdown menu doesn't respond at all unless I refresh the page. 😕 I'm on Android 9, tested on Chrome and Ghostery. 

I'm having the same problem. I just want the dropdown menu to disappear and go back to the icons.

Not sure when exactly this happened, but the little icon next to the show-codes (on desktop) has changed. The change is relatively recent because I have a screenshot from Feb. 26 showing the old icon. It used to be what looked like chain-links, now I'm seeing this arrow:

image.png.f4bc1655c0b806ae8b4de7bcca95d550.png

6 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

When I breed a pair of dragons, only one shows up on the results page.  Didn't they both used to show up?

Noticed this as well, so went snooping through my folders and it did indeed used to show both!  Spoilered bc big image, screenshot from 17th Feb this year

Spoiler

unknown.png

I don't like it at all.  When breeding new pairs, I could see them side by side and think--"nope, not breeding them again!"  Why they heck would this be changed?