Jump to content
Dirtytabs

Unannounced site changes alerts and discussion

Recommended Posts

A few things I've noticed this week:

  1. Teleport: If you click any column in the row (except the dragon column), it'll check the checkbox for that dragon.
  2. Breeding: Upside down mints now appear upside-down on the breeding list.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh that is EXCELLENT !

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

New tooltip! 

 

 

Is this only on mobile? Not seeing anything like that on desktop. Kinda sad if it's only on mobile, it'd be really cool to have little tips like that.

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like it - I just went to have a look at dead eggs on another scroll - or maybe it only works for your own. I don't want to kill specially....

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

Is this only on mobile? Not seeing anything like that on desktop. Kinda sad if it's only on mobile, it'd be really cool to have little tips like that.

No idea, I closed it and it's not showing up on my other mobile device so it's probably a one-time thing.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

the Dragons page now appears to hatch/grow things without the prerequisite extra "view", a convenient fact most of the time but annoying when one needs BSAs done on a ready-to-go egg or hatchling first.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

the Dragons page now appears to hatch/grow things without the prerequisite extra "view", a convenient fact most of the time but annoying when one needs BSAs done on a ready-to-go egg or hatchling first.

 

I'm not sure what you are talking about here--could you explain a bit?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, random_dragon_collector said:

 

I'm not sure what you are talking about here--could you explain a bit?  Thanks!

Used to be you could unfog something ER that had enough views to grow/hatch, but it wouldn't grow until it got another view. Now, if you unfog something ER and pre-prepared, then visit the dragons page it's on (like for picking a bolt to stun it) it will grow up even though you didn't give it a view to "update" it. 

 

(I only have a few points of data pointing to this, but since the dragons page recently had a bug where it gave views it makes sense to me.)

Share this post


Link to post

So um, what is it that has (possibly) changed? Is that visiting the Dragons page now gives the egg/hatch that final view, or that this extra view is no longer needed?

 

Because in the latter case, if you forgot to influence an egg like that before fogging, for example, there would be no way to save it I guess. And I must confess that this would make me a bit nervous, as I can sometimes be forgetful. 😹

Share this post


Link to post

i'm not all that sure anything's changed? 

 

i had 4 eggs that were incuhatchable.  this is how each egg hatched:

*click on incubate from Red's page

*return to egg page, F5 - nothing

*scroll-click on scroll name to open in a new tab

*return to egg page, F5 - egg hatches with one more view

all four eggs did this.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

Is that visiting the Dragons page now gives the egg/hatch that final view, or that this extra view is no longer needed?

The Dragons page now gives an invisible view, is my guess. It doesn't make your view count go up, but it counts as a view for the purposes of making dragons go up a stage.

 

(This is also how the share-a-dragon code page used to work, then things started growing up wild after being grabbed from AP and TJ removed that function, so the function has precedent.)

 

Quote

Because in the latter case, if you forgot to influence an egg like that before fogging, for example, there would be no way to save it I guess. And I must confess that this would make me a bit nervous, as I can sometimes be forgetful. 😹

Yeah, unfortunately the only way around it right now is to open inside in an extra tab to not load the egg, or bookmark BSA groups or the filtered BSA page, which only loads adults and shouldn't affect the unfogged egg.

 

 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

*scroll-click on scroll name to open in a new tab

*return to egg page, F5 - egg hatches with one more view

Okay, but that doesn't sound like you visited the dragons page to test out the change to the dragons page? Eggs still normally hatch with a view, it's just now the dragons page can also make them hatch without a view.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Okay, but that doesn't sound like you visited the dragons page to test out the change to the dragons page? Eggs still normally hatch with a view, it's just now the dragons page can also make them hatch without a view.

yep, after i incubated the egg, i went back to the view page, F5'd the view page -  and nothing happened - no +1 on the views, and the egg didn't hatch.

it DID hatch after i gave it a view on my scroll page, however.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

@trystan Not the dragon's page, the dragons page, as in the page that lists all your dragons and doesn't give things views.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post

@Shadowdrake - ah, gotcha, i understand now.

i do have another egg that'll be hatching tonight, i can take another look when i hatch it later.

thanks for clearing that up for me, as i was clearly confused. XD 

Share this post


Link to post

double posting because otherwise it'll get lost

 

@Shadowdrake, I incubated the egg, and this time i went to my dragons page.  I had to F5 twice, but the second time, it did give it another view the second time, and it hatched.  huh.

Share this post


Link to post

fwiw, I'm not able to get views to increment from /dragons on either the mobile or desktop versions of the site. 🤷‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, trystan said:

double posting because otherwise it'll get lost

 

@Shadowdrake, I incubated the egg, and this time i went to my dragons page.  I had to F5 twice, but the second time, it did give it another view the second time, and it hatched.  huh.

 

Isn't it possible that since it didn't work the first time, the view came from elsewhere?

 

To me it seems like eggs/hatchlings still need a final view to hatch/grow up, had a few ERs that weren't doing anything before that. I also haven't been able to make that happen through the /dragons page, so if there's some kind of different behaviour perhaps it's a bug? Doesn't really seem like a consistent change. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MissK. said:

Isn't it possible that since it didn't work the first time, the view came from elsewhere?

of course. :)

i was on the /dragons page, as shadowdrake said to be on.

my egg was still in hatcheries, so it is totally possible the view came from one of them.

it does seem like a bug somewhere to me too.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

1985287036_SmartSelect_20220511-120923_SamsungInternet.jpg.dabebb7e6ebb12a9373cd3b7a875f47b.jpg

118157717_SmartSelect_20220511-120935_SamsungInternet.jpg.d56b64b60296cc8c49490d3c3472072a.jpg

 

112070191_SmartSelect_20220511-120946_SamsungInternet.jpg.d553783a38b615721ae5daaed5edbf9a.jpg

 

Fogged before ER. Unfogged after. Refreshed. Hatched. Worked exactly as I expected it to.

 

It's probably not frequent to come across unless your egg is sick with a lot of views and you fog till it's ER, or something, but since it's convenient for the average case I can see this one being on purpose.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Share this post


Link to post

it's interesting, however it works though.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Thank you for the "available for summon" feature! 

 

And the addition of the adventure stuff to the action log!

Great for people who don't have the time and nerve to keep lists for everything.

Share this post


Link to post


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.