Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

@Lagie I thought of you yesterday. I was visiting my sister-in-law and ended up helping 3 of her kids put together a Lego set. The 7 year old was the only one who was really dexterous enough to snap the blocks together but the other two 'helped' as well. 

Woot-woot! Toppage B)

Edited by BringsTheSnow

9 minutes ago, trystan said:

but i'm more than 10 miles away, and so not included in any evac "in case of emergency" planning.

Can you ask to be included in any notifications? 

1 minute ago, BringsTheSnow said:

and ended up helping 3 of her kids put together a Lego set.

:D Sounds like fun!

*cuffage* https://dragcave.net/lineage/Eiot;)

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Have fun! And yup, might be a good place for something festive. ;)

We did have fun. I spent too much money, too!

Didn't really see anything much that I wanted to use for a photo, though. They had a big cactus that was decorated, but the lighting was wrong and the lights on the cactus didn't show up at all because it was backlit against a big window. :( I'll have to go through my Longwood Gardens Christmas pix and see if there is anything there.

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Can you ask to be included in any notifications? 

i think there's an option for email and/or text notifications, so i can always sign up, and hope they never ever text or email.

ello peeps.

feels kinda weird in a way; it's getting closer to Christmas but the "Christmas vibe" just hasn't really quite set in my brain yet. It still feels like just another month...(except colder)

1 hour ago, WaterScorpion said:

ello peeps.

feels kinda weird in a way; it's getting closer to Christmas but the "Christmas vibe" just hasn't really quite set in my brain yet. It still feels like just another month...(except colder)

SAME, I STILL haven't wrapped gifts yet lol

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny. I have random shop tasks to accomplish today. I've been listening to Christmas carols there, and I have cards ready for all my shop volunteers, but I'm not ready for Christmas in my personal life.

18 hours ago, trystan said:

i think there's an option for email and/or text notifications, so i can always sign up, and hope they never ever text or email.

*crosses fingers they don't*

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

*crosses fingers they don't*

agreed.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Boy have I got a story for y'all. Lol

do tell!

i have a story too.  it's back here~

Spoiler

so i came into my kitchen this morning to get some breakfast, and my oven light was on.  pretty sure one of the cats stepped on it.  i've taken the burner dials off the front of the oven (it's a gas oven/range) because the other morning, one (some?) of the cats had managed to turn one of them.  the good news is the burner didn't get lit, but it was an open burner.  but it was under the big wooden board i got for on top of the burners so i'd have less cat fur to clean out when i go to use the stove top.  yikes!  (everything's all good now, this was the other day.)

but since the control panel for the oven (temperature, timer, light) is a touch pad, there's also a Lock button.... which google/frigidare's web site nicely told me how to unlock the oven, should a paw or two find my lock button.

and also the other day when i was checking the burners, i had a potholder on top of that wooden board, that slid right down the board and behind the oven!  i called the gas company, who didn't really offer much, other than if i smell gas to call them back.  they did also suggest calling a service company about my concerns - y'know, hot oven, fabric potholder.... which i did.  they said i could pay for a service call, and that they really couldn't tell me it'd be all right.  i do have a service call with them for next month to tune up my heater, make sure it's good to go for another few months before it switches over to the AC.... yesterday, i pulled my drawer at the bottom of the oven out, and tried to see if i could see the potholder, and after some finagling and literally some skin off one of my knuckles, i finally got it out! yaay!

okay, i'm done adulting now.  time to goof off. XD

Yeah, I hate how easy it is to accidentally turn on the burners on my gas stove!

Just took some cookies over to the church for bag lunches for the homeless and found out that our organist is down with Covid! And our backup organist/pianist is his wife, who is now quarantined due to him having Covid. :unsure: Not sure what we are going to do for music on Sunday. Our church is already reeling from the loss of a couple of key people, including the pastor over the last month. This is just temporary of course, but still feels like one more hard blow.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, I hate how easy it is to accidentally turn on the burners on my gas stove!

funny thing though, is that the dials need to be pushed in a little bit before they even turn, so i don't know.....

eek! hope everyone feels better!

16 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

SAME, I STILL haven't wrapped gifts yet lol

haha, at least you have gifts, that's one step further than me XD

though considering my bf's family doesn't celebrate christmas I don't really feel a need to do anything....

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I am so tired. Boy have I got a story for y'all. Lol

hold up, lemme get the popcorn

Hey guys. I've been in the hospital since Sunday. I had what seemed like mini strokes. The symptoms have gone but the cause is still elusive. I need an MRI on my neck. I'm so ready to go home...

58 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hey guys. I've been in the hospital since Sunday. I had what seemed like mini strokes. The symptoms have gone but the cause is still elusive. I need an MRI on my neck. I'm so ready to go home...

Yikes! Hope they can figure out what is going on and you can get out of there.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

eep! :blink: hope they figure out the cause then! {{hugs}}

not sure if this is relevant but i got a 99 out of 105 (94.29%) on a algebra test. usually i get a B- but i actually got an A this time

2 hours ago, WarEagle1996 said:

not sure if this is relevant but i got a 99 out of 105 (94.29%) on a algebra test. usually i get a B- but i actually got an A this time

Well done! 

And I got the MRI finally. Now to wait til the morning. 

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

:( I hope all is well soon friend.

3 hours ago, WarEagle1996 said:

Excellent work!

Well, ben and I may have sinus infections and my belly is also very angry today 😕 gonna drink some tea and go to bed.

13 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Eek. I hope they can figure out what's going on.

9 hours ago, WarEagle1996 said:

Excellent! (Everything's relevant in CPA! ;) )

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Well, ben and I may have sinus infections and my belly is also very angry today 😕 gonna drink some tea and go to bed.

Feel better soon, both of you.

18 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Not sure what we are going to do for music on Sunday

A capella? Hope they are both back soon for you.

*hugs for the losses*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

We had a fun shop dinner last night. Everyone enjoyed themselves, and the food, while a little slow (online order messing with the in-person orders), was good!

18 hours ago, trystan said:

funny thing though, is that the dials need to be pushed in a little bit before they even turn,

But it really doesn't take that much.

7 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Hugs! Hope you feel better soon.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

A capella?

That would be -- interesting?

11 hours ago, WarEagle1996 said:

everything is relevant... that's awesome! :D

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

And I got the MRI finally. Now to wait til the morning. 

good luck. i hate waiting!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

hey wow, i'm posting in the morning! g'morning! ;)

i think breakfast will be a bowl of cereal today.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:
19 hours ago, trystan said:

funny thing though, is that the dials need to be pushed in a little bit before they even turn,

But it really doesn't take that much.

hm, yeah, true.  but the knobs are in the drawer next to the oven, so it hopefully can't happen again.

cloudy (but the sun is trying to come out) and cold.  i have a (long-lineaged project) egg hatching tonight. :D

37 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

MRI happened last night. Waiting for a doctor. 

I just read about what is going on. I am so sorry! 

5 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

MRI happened last night. Waiting for a doctor. 

hope everything ends up okay

Sorry for the late reply guys. I'm back home. The neurologist I saw wants to see me again in three months outpatient, and we'll go from there. But since I haven't had anything crazy go on since Sunday night around 11 pm or early Monday morning, they sent me home. I had the choice to stay for a spinal tap, but I wanted to get out of there, and if both doctors think it's okay, I guess it's okay. But now my anxiety keeps questioning everything. Sigh. 

Thanks all for the well wishes! ❤️