Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

14 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I have a friend's birthday to attend today

Getting Cookie Cub for the weekend

Playing Sea of Thieves with Ben and my friend Kili

Sounds like some good stuff. :)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Sounds like some good stuff. :)

ay, Those are things I look forward to this weekend after the stress of the work week :)

30 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@IzzyCat91

These are amazing! A bit pricey (we got them on sale), and I have two really adorable ones! My boys seem to love them too! 

oooh those look awesome! I bookmarked the page for future use. Thanks!

I was GOING to get up and start cleaning, but Puck (one of my cats) decided NOW is snuggle time with mama lol, maybe I'll nap instead

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I was GOING to get up and start cleaning, but Puck (one of my cats) decided NOW is snuggle time with mama lol, maybe I'll nap instead

Awww! Snuggles are good.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Awww! Snuggles are good.

I ended up with all 3 boys piled on top of me in my computer chair and did indeed take a nap lol. Now I REALLY need to get my butt up and moving...but I have 0 motivation to clean. Think I'll order some coffee. Maybe that will help.

Eh, maybe I'll just make my own coffee

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I got all your sneezes now lol my allergies have flared so bad the past two days. My face hurts lol

Aww. I'm sorry. :( *sends Histal and tissues*

And yay for snuggles! Have fun with your Cub.

Weirdly quiet for a Saturday but still lucrative. Jewellery went well, too, and the weather was perfect.

hey all.  it's late.

i worked 11 to 3, made dinner, had a zoom chat with friends, and am kinda helping hubby with some kitty laundry that he volunteered to do for one of the shelters he now volunteers at - their washer said 'nope!' XD 

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Aww. I'm sorry. :( *sends Histal and tissues*

And yay for snuggles! Have fun with your Cub.

I have no idea what Histal is but thank you :3

ALL the snuggles lol

I got a good chunk of cleaning done

The party was fun and it was nice to see everyone again (and meet new ones)

Cookie opassed out on the ride home, ate supper once we got here and decided she was ready for sleep

Just finished gaming with Kili and Ben (was AMAZING)

Today was a good day :3

4 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

have no idea what Histal is

Liquid decongestant specifically for allergies. Fast-working and effective!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Well, after two days of completely accurate weather reports, the newspaper messed up for today. 'Sunny' is actually pouring rain. XD Hopefully it will ease up soon as I want to go home to drop some things off.

Tomorrow is December 12th. Given that they were digging yet another trench into my road, I somehow doubt they will meet the revised end date for the roadworks of December 12th. :P

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Tomorrow is December 12th. Given that they were digging yet another trench into my road, I somehow doubt they will meet the revised end date for the roadworks of December 12th. :P

Ugh! Too bad you will still have to put up with that.

18 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

The cats like watching the raindrops fall. 

Ya know, I kinda do, too, if I am inside. :)

We are having just a sort of misty, drizzly rain today, with really no drops to watch. Gloomy day.

55 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Ugh! Too bad you will still have to put up with that.

It's insane.

Next year they plan to start digging up Gladstone Road. That project has a projected two year completion date. :o It's not a residential road like mine but it will impact a LOT of businesses. *wonders if she can stock up on two years' worth of cat food since the wholesaler is out there*

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Rainy here I think. The cats like watching the raindrops fall. 

Rain's nice when you don't have to go out in it. ;)

Ours did stop before 10 so I did make it home. Now I'm trying to get a puzzle finished today as I will have to dismantle it when I leave here tomorrow. I'm sooo close to being done.

There was a bit of snow for a while a week or two ago but it's all mostly melted by now.

Also, my mom got me Pokemon Violet as an early christmas gift so I'm super excited to play that!

hey all!

i worked 11 to 3 again, futzed around, had dinner, and now i'm finishing up this blanket that i've been working on since April of 2018! it does NOT take me that long to make a blanket! XD 

1 hour ago, SoraBbb said:

I'm super excited to play that!

Enjoy! ;)

Who's the avatar?

1 hour ago, trystan said:

does NOT take me that long to make a blanket

XD Hope you do finish it!

I did manage to complete the jigsaw puzzle. I'll take a photo in daylight tomorrow, then pull it apart. (The lights are reflecting off it so I can't do it tonight.)

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:
1 hour ago, trystan said:

does NOT take me that long to make a blanket

XD Hope you do finish it!

oh i will! i have one more row, and then i might make some fringe on the bottom.  but first i need to try to get a picture of it.

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Enjoy! ;)

Who's the avatar?

Sora, from Kingdom Hearts! where my username comes from, lol

Its a drawing I did of him last year to celebrate him getting in Super Smash Bros

9 hours ago, SoraBbb said:

Sora, from Kingdom Hearts! where my username comes from, lol

Its a drawing I did of him last year to celebrate him getting in Super Smash Bros

Nice!

8 hours ago, trystan said:

and done!

cat for scale~

Lovely! And huge! That's probably why it took a while. ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny!

The person who was due to return today was bumped off her flight from Heathrow so I have another night here. I did manage to photograph the puzzle, but will wait till later or even tomorrow now to pull it apart.

Screenshot_20221212-072729.thumb.jpg.f13f67ffad7c06ef0b07ddcad6d8389b.jpg

1,000 pieces!

8 hours ago, trystan said:

and done!

cat for scale~

Nice!

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

1,000 pieces!

Well done! Pretty picture.

Walking with friends today. We are walking in a park and then going to visit a huge garden center to see their Christmas displays. Hmmm, maybe I can come up with a photo for the contest!

50 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Walking with friends today. We are walking in a park and then going to visit a huge garden center to see their Christmas displays. Hmmm, maybe I can come up with a photo for the contest!

Have fun! And yup, might be a good place for something festive. ;)

Heading out soon for me errand running. The fact the person isn't returning today means I don't have to rush through it all.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Lovely! And huge! That's probably why it took a while. ;)

thanks! i think it's about 74" or 75", but no, that's not why it took that long.

reason is back here~

Spoiler

first, i wasn't sure how long i wanted it to be. so i was futzing around and eventually calculated how much yarn i'd need per pattern repeat of the 14 rows. and it was also starting to get big and unwieldy, so i couldn't take it with to my yarn nights and it was confined to staying home. and it would get set aside for holiday or birthday crochet projects, and because i had other things i wanted to work on.  and somewhere in there, the store i was getting the yarn from was set to close up, so i had to make sure i had enough yarn (turns out i do. *whew*).  and there were also the summers, where i didn't want a huge, heavy blanket in my lap for the project... and then we were moving, so it was in my storage locker for a little bit, and then we did move... yeah, it's been through a LOT of reasons.  but it's done now :D

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Nice!

thanks!!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

1,000 pieces!

very cool puzzle!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Heading out soon for me errand running. The fact the person isn't returning today means I don't have to rush through it all.

that's helpful :)

40 minutes ago, trystan said:

that's helpful

Very! And no traffic meant I did everything I planned to and was back by 11:30. I even stopped to check about a hit-by-car dog :( just as the shelter ambulance arrived, so it's in good hands (though I suspect it won't be a happy outcome).

Ah, logical now why the blanket took so long!

I have stocked up on cat food, dog food, garbage bags for the shop, paid my maintenance fees (the main item on the list), paid for my post box (checking the mail was on the to-do list; paying was not but since I was there...), got a few random hardware-y bits for the shop (and some LEGO for my Christmas vacation ;) ), and picked up some additional stuff at the pharmacy up the road. I even dropped everything at home. An errand run well done! :D

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I even stopped to check about a hit-by-car dog :( just as the shelter ambulance arrived, so it's in good hands (though I suspect it won't be a happy outcome).

:( *fingers and toes crossed for the dog*

but yay for an errand run well done.  i have two errands after work - stopping at the Rite-Aid to see if they have my hair dye, and grocery shopping.  i've gotten back into going to the actual store for groceries, instead of online.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Ah, logical now why the blanket took so long!

yeah, i kinda thought so.

i also just learned that the county i moved to has a nuclear power plant! but i'm more than 10 miles away, and so not included in any evac "in case of emergency" planning.  not sure if this is good or not.