Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Congrats! Have fun with the cookies, and the snowman.

I need to Christmas-ify my avatar.

Toppage, page 875! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

I'm so tired... Ugh. lol. 

It's been a long day. Went to the store, found out Friend's Aunt (not my biggest fan or my friend's biggest fan) got us gifts, so we had to get something for her. She's getting a mug. It's cute. 

Um... A package arrived. New Brita! New Brita! I love Britas! lol (oh and a new box for the cats to play in).

4 hours ago, trystan said:

we got part of the chewy order yesterday, and the cats got another box XD 

box best present XP

@Lagie cute

Thanks! I can't share the next one till the next mini-contest closes.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Bright and sunny and cool so far. There was mist across the yard this morning.

11 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I've never heard of Wawa. lol

which is why i linked it.  it's a better 7-11/Sheetz XD

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Did I show you guys the Christmas tree I made?

oh very cute!

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Also, cats and boxes! XD

8 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

box best present XP

cats LOVE cardboard boxes, so we have a lot of 'em in the house. :D (we still have boxes unpacked that are actually our daughters' things, we moved stuff from both of them, and i'd like to think at some point they'll come and collect it. XD

so, like a good chunk of the US, we're supposed to get snow and ice and mess on friday (tomorrow).... and that's one of my retail job days. so if i go outside friday morning, slip on the ice, and fall on my butt, i'm calling out of work XD but that leads me to a question of some of the phrasings i've seen online and now heard in person:  do you call out of work, or call off work?

4 hours ago, trystan said:

but that leads me to a question of some of the phrasings i've seen online and now heard in person:  do you call out of work, or call off work?

Hmm. Literally, call out of work work would mean you're not going in (or you're telephoning someone once you get there XD ) and call off work means you're cancelling the whole work thing altogether, but figuratively, I think both are in use. I call in sick. :P

Quieter day but steady. I actually got up the nerve to ask the 'last person to check out every single durned day' lady for a Christmas gift of please not being last to check out all the time. She said she hadn't meant to be so long today.  But she made no promises for going forward. Sigh.  The ridiculous thing is she's retired so it's not like she's scheduling her shop visits around work so there's really no reason for her to be so late every single day. *grumbles*

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

The ridiculous thing is she's retired so it's not like she's scheduling her shop visits around work so there's really no reason for her to be so late every single day. *grumbles*

May be she likes to sleep in. ;)

Raining here all day today -- quite hard at times.

Tomorrow's temp is supposed to drop 30 degrees from morning to mid afternoon and we may get flash freezing of the water that is on streets and ground. I think I will stay home!

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

May be she likes to sleep in. ;)

Mebbe. It's annoying.

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Quieter day but steady. I actually got up the nerve to ask the 'last person to check out every single durned day' lady for a Christmas gift of please not being last to check out all the time. She said she hadn't meant to be so long today.  But she made no promises for going forward. Sigh.  The ridiculous thing is she's retired so it's not like she's scheduling her shop visits around work so there's really no reason for her to be so late every single day. *grumbles*

there are people like that; my bf's mom is one of those.

my arm is doing a weird hurt and I don't know why 😞

1 hour ago, WaterScorpion said:

Weird hurts are the worst.

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hmm. Literally, call out of work work would mean you're not going in (or you're telephoning someone once you get there XD ) and call off work means you're cancelling the whole work thing altogether, but figuratively, I think both are in use. I call in sick. :P

agreed that both are in use - i think it's regional.  if i'm not going to work for whatever reason, i'm calling out.  but at my new store, when someone calls and says they're not coming in, the person i'm working with says "so and so called off today."

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Tomorrow's temp is supposed to drop 30 degrees from morning to mid afternoon and we may get flash freezing of the water that is on streets and ground. I think I will stay home!

we're going to be in single digits for most of the day tomorrow!

and, i did something i've never done before - i called in late for work tomorrow - tonight!  i'm supposed to start tomorrow at 10, but i called tonight and said based on what they're predicting - including flash freezing at like 5 a.m. - i'm going to try to come in at noon, but i'll see what it's doing tomorrow before i go in.  yikes.

I finished my last crochet project (besides the whole blanket which I'm not in the mood to do lol). I dunno what to do with myself. xD

aw, you guys! Today was so awesome. I had OT this morning, and my regular shift was doing a potluck so I got up early and got brownies fresh from the bakery up the street (and hot rice. I LOVE hot rice) and while I was there, this little boy, couldn't have been older than like 5, bumped into me. I apologized for bumping him (cus lets face it, 5 year olds have 0 spatial awarness) and he looked at his mom and went " She's BEAUTIFUL!"

I almost burst into tears. I had literally JUST woken up, was puffy eyed, hair barely slicked p into a ponytail, wearing jammie pants and a hoodie and this precious kid thinks I am BEAUTIFUL 😭

Work itself was great for the most part, and some of my coworkers got me gifts! (a trio of Twisted Tales books and Long Live The Pumpkin Queen, a very beautiful blanket that is also suuuuuuper soft and squishy, and a large cinnamon apple candle.) Now I'm off for 4 days and can relax.

Here's hoping the storm passes us. SO FAR *KNOCKS ON ALL THE WOOD* we've had rain off and on, but it's still in the 40's.

Glad things are going well, @IzzyCat91! :)

11 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

Hope it stops soon.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Bright and sunny. The staff Christmas party is today so we're going to try to close the shop early to allow me to be to the party on time (per advice from the accountant :P ).

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The staff Christmas party is today so we're going to try to close the shop early to allow me to be to the party on time

Good luck with that! And enjoy the party. :)

Still raining here, which is bad because the polar vortex is due to arrive any time and that means we may get snow after all, and worse, the flash freeze thing. We are to have sub-zero wind chills the next few days. Brrr! I know lots of places will have it worse, but I still don't like it. Just hope the roads are okay on Christmas for the drive to son's.