Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

I think that the main reason I don't like winter is that it disrupts so many plans. Rain or high heat will cause some events to be cancelled in warmer months, but these are almost always short term. For the second day in a row, I don't plan on opening the door to my house, just hunkering down with wind chills near -40 all day. Summer weather seldom keeps me imprisoned for long.

So chilly out there. The kitten is cold. lol

I just need to pop to the mailbox to grab a package if it arrives in a bit. We'll see. (It's leather and I don't want it to stay out there.)

It's currently 20F/-7C out there with a feel of 5F/-15C.

Welp, it is 5pm and now it's negative 4 outside, a smattering of snow (other than the mound of snow at my door because of wind) and the wind is HOWLING. I haven't been past the door to collect the mail so idk about ice but ick. AND it's already super dark out here.

10 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Good luck with that! And enjoy the party. :)

We were mostly successful. Of course the lingerer who took us past 2:30 was that same durned lady. Sigh.

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

but today is not a day that invites activity.

*sends blankets*

7 hours ago, casprrr said:

don't plan on opening the door to my house, just hunkering down with wind chills near -40 all day.

*sends more blankets*

5 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

currently 20F/-7C out there with a feel of 5F/-15C.

*and more blankets*

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

now it's negative 4 outside,

*and even more*

Stay warm, everyone!

The work party was fun.

Edited by Lagie
Addendum

It's currently still cold. Glad I'm not in Wisconsin (where my brother is now), since it's 0F/-18?c with a real feel of like -21F/-29C! That's crazy! It's also snowing, but he lived close to Chicago for a while so I'm not too worried. I just hope he and his friend stay warm. (And their pets).

woke up to snow, wind, and ice.  keep in mind, last night i'd called work and said i'd be in late because of the weather, so i had some extra time this morning.  got all bundled up and went outside to see what our road and beyond looked like.  it was snowy and very windy.  and i have a bridge to cross.  mind you, Maps says the store is only 3 miles away (10 minutes, usually).... but i'm not sure i trust (a) the other drivers and (b) the wind and the bridge.  so..... i called out.  the manager kinda sighed and muttered that everyone had called out of work (i don't blame them, actually), but i told her i'd be in tomorrow at 10.

finally put together my no-sew fleece blanket i've had since The Force Awakens came out (it's got the Millennium Falcon and the words The Force Awakens on it XD), so now i'm under two blankets (weather.com says it's -3F/-19.4C out there!)  Hubby and i watched the original Jumanji, but then he ventured out to one of the the rescue he's volunteering at, so i watched some episodes of Sandman, and then got the DVR hooked up so we can watch Nightmare Before Xmas tomorrow night. :D 

The original Jumanji is one of my favorite childhood movies, that and The Goonies (which I saw waaaay too many times as a child). 

Stay warm out there, everyone! 

Ben went out to get Cookie so we can spend part of the holiday with her. He said the roads aren't awful, but people are being STUUUUUPID. (he told me to stay home because driving on the highway always makes me anxious and adding this nonsense to it would be worse. Bless him)

I'm comfortable in my nightgown and thin jammie pants with a blanket (but my computer is also stationed right in front of a window with a heat vent under it, so I tend to get random drafts of air but also bursts of warmth lol)

I havent done anything today but I feel super drained for no reason. (I blame being sick all last week, plus work, plus weather tbh) I was gonna clean today, but I think maybe Monday I will, since we're busy tomorrow and Sunday and off Monday anyway. I ought to make my deviled eggs for tomorrow though. I'll likely do that later.

Edited by IzzyCat91
typo

i saw one of the sequels a few years ago with some friends, i think it was #2.

{{hugs Izzy}}

I will have to venture out early in the morning despite frigid temperatures and wind chills near -30F. Sold a pair of water goblets on eBay and will take package to the PO in the morning.

9 minutes ago, casprrr said:

I will have to venture out early in the morning despite frigid temperatures and wind chills near -30F. Sold a pair of water goblets on eBay and will take package to the PO in the morning.

Brr. Drive carefully!

Did you make the goblets?

so i have some yarn i want to make into a cowl.  and for a little bit tonight i thought i might have to go get the crochet hook again that i thought i had. it wasn't with my hooks, and nor was it in the box where my hooks were before we moved.  i had no idea where that other hook had gotten to.  then i pulled up my list i have in google Keep of the projects i'm working on.... and there was a project on that list that i'd started, and sure enough.... that's where the hook is! with that project. yeesh. XD 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Brr. Drive carefully!

Did you make the goblets?

I plan on walking as the post office is only about 2 blocks away.

No, these are antique glass goblets.

hope everyone is staying warm

guess my body can tell it's colder cuz I've been having problems with my fingers since yesterday, pretty sure now it's related to the cold (and sadly my finger circulation isn't the greatest)

on a different note, my family adopted a kitten! she's so adorable I wish I could cuddle her (but they're in Hawaii and I'm in Washington so I guess gg TuT)

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.68aa9cc2e9e7ef4abfeaf242e37bd321.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ca7ef36c39b1d6d5ca4a8cbd6d6b4a45.jpeg

kitty!! cute kitty! :D 

hubby said there were a few cats at the rescues he'd like to adopt....but he knows we have enough right now! XD 

23 minutes ago, casprrr said:

I plan on walking as the post office is only about 2 blocks away.

No, these are antique glass goblets.

Bundle up then! :)

Ooh, neat.

She's very cute, @WaterScorpion. :D

You list hooks with projects, @trystan? May we see the cow when you're done, please?

Sleepy. Bedtime soon.

Edited by Lagie

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

You list hooks with projects, @trystan? May we see the cow when you're done, please?

cow? lol. cowl. and yes.  when i'm done.

no, i didn't list the hook with the project - i just knew which hook i was using for the project. :) 

There's this annoying person who lives like a street over that likes to rev their car over and over and over again... It's so annoying! 

9 hours ago, trystan said:

cow? lol. cowl. and yes.  when i'm done.

XD I totally missed the l. Oops.

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

There's this annoying person who lives like a street over that likes to rev their car over and over and over again... It's so annoying! 

That would be.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

It's very windy this morning. I think y'all's cold weather has finally reached us.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

It's very windy this morning. I think y'all's cold weather has finally reached us.

Blue skies this morning, but still bitterly cold and blustery. Warmer weather still predicted for mid-week. Good morning, Lagie, enjoying the coffee! Good morning, CPA!

Very cold still. There's ice on the storm glass! lol. It's... great? 

Merry Christmas Eve, y'all! ^^

4 hours ago, casprrr said:

Blue skies this morning, but still bitterly cold and blustery. Warmer weather still predicted for mid-week. Good morning, Lagie, enjoying the coffee! Good morning, CPA!

:D Yay for coffee! :P

I had a couple of pre-Christmas meltdowns at children today who weren't sticking with their parents, and at customers who were ignoring the 20 minute limit, but once we got past that the day went well. Our 'always last' lady was not last! :) And 600 in 2..5 hours isn't too shabby, on Christmas Eve.

Now to see if I'm able to drive... :P

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

XD I totally missed the l. Oops.

it's fine. XD 

still cold here, 8F/-13.3C.... but when we leave tomorrow morning for xmas it'll be 11F/-11.6C! (and in the mid 20sF when we get to my inlaws.  LOL  friday it'll be in the mid 50sF. wtf, Mother Nature? :blink:

bred my next spiral lineage dragon, Trillian will be a 43G Nebula! XD 

i might breed Darwi (Pyranost) and the Duncan Ghola VIII for a script after the holiday, so my Kwisatz Haderach (Pryanost) dragon for next xmas will have a Script sibling out there somewhere. might.

and happy xmas to those who celebrate!

On 12/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, trystan said:

kitty!! cute kitty! :D 

hubby said there were a few cats at the rescues he'd like to adopt....but he knows we have enough right now! XD 

On 12/23/2022 at 6:45 PM, Lagie said:

She's very cute, @WaterScorpion. :D

so they named her Chiyo. they introduced her to one of the dogs today (the friendlier, albeit yappy one); we had a concern how our dogs would take a new addition since they do bark at a lot of other pets. interestingly enough he was more curious while Chiyo was the one hissing; I guess he's getting old too uwu

23 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

yeah, I hate people like that...

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!