Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:
15 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I'm glad I stayed home after all. I feel marginally better, just really drained and sleepy

Hope you were able to rest well and are feeling all better today.

I did rest but my body is unhappy right now and the reproductive bits are trying to murder me, I swear.

Taking a break from what little adulting I was doing to eat and relax, then do cat boxes, rat cage (which means trash needs to go out after) and laundry and then I'm done until next cleaning day.

Gifts are all purchased, 99% wrapped (one still isn't here and the other is a gift card I need to go get) so I am ready.

yikes, Lagie!

but busy day though. 

we were busy as well, week before xmas and all. after i'd been on the register for about maybe like an hour, hour and a half maybe? my register kept popping up a message that it needs a pick-up.  that means there's over $1000 in the drawer.  i asked the closing manager on duty, and she said she didn't know how to do the pick-up.  i know what to do, but i don't know how to record it in the register. i think that's the first time i've seen the pick-up message since like last xmas season.

52 minutes ago, trystan said:

my register kept popping up a message that it needs a pick-up.

Excellent! Busy is good.

We had pouring rain in the middle of our four hours and about 40 minutes with no customers so we were surprised to end up with so much.

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I did rest but my body is unhappy right now and the reproductive bits are trying to murder me, I swear.

Yikes. Feel better soon. (So glad not to deal with that any more.)

Pouring rain again now.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Excellent! Busy is good.

yes, yes it is! time flies when you're busy.

rain it good when you don't have to go out in it.

9 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Taking a break from what little adulting I was doing to eat and relax, then do cat boxes, rat cage (which means trash needs to go out after) and laundry and then I'm done until next cleaning day.

Gifts are all purchased, 99% wrapped (one still isn't here and the other is a gift card I need to go get) so I am ready.

ew, I hate when that happens. hope you were able to get everything done and take time to rest some more o:

5 hours ago, trystan said:

rain it good when you don't have to go out in it.

haha, yeah, guess so. let the sound of it lull you to sleep XP

4 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:
14 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

ew, I hate when that happens. hope you were able to get everything done and take time to rest some more o:

XD I did not get ANYTHING done, I took a nap and played games all day. going to bed now, might get Cookie Cub later, more games, but adulting first lol

Body still mad, but less so.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I'm so sleepy. One of the dogs here is restless at night, and I wake up every time I hear him moving about. *yawns*

7 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

haha, yeah, guess so. let the sound of it lull you to sleep XP

yep, most definitely :)

I'm in the car right now, we're going to my brother's in Eastern Maryland for chanukah today! 

*waves at @purplehaze*

be back tonight.... sometime :)

2 hours ago, trystan said:

*waves at @purplehaze*

*waves back*

Have a safe trip and an enjoyable visit.

We did have music in church this morning, in spite of our music team still being out with Covid -- guitar accompaniment to our carols. It was nice.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

we're going to my brother's in Eastern Maryland for chanukah today! 

Have fun!

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

guitar accompaniment to our carols

Ooh, lovely.

I went to work to feed my shop animals... and met a bunch of shop donations in reception. Sigh. So instead of working on the shoe racks, I hauled and sorted donations. Most of the clothes were carpy so more than half was dumpstered immediately. Not the plan for the day.

Laundry now.

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Most of the clothes were carpy so more than half was dumpstered immediately.

We used to get that all the time when we collected clothing at our church to give out to our lunch clients.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

We used to get that all the time when we collected clothing at our church to give out to our lunch clients.

We have been extremely fortunate over the years, thank goodness. But we do have a 1/3 rule to save sorting time - if the top third of the bag or box is smelly or more than half carpy, the whole bag or box gets tossed.

Hey everyone! Just a nice, slow Sunday here. It's sunny, but it's rather chilly outside. Friend has a bit of a headache, so they're napping, so I'm playing an app game in between playing Animal Crossing. ^^

53 minutes ago, Lagie said:

if the top third of the bag or box is smelly or more than half carpy, the whole bag or box gets tossed.

Probably a smart move.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

*waves back*

Have a safe trip and an enjoyable visit.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Have fun!

we did!

heading home now 

Fuzz will be happy that I'm probably not breeding Astraea tonight...  the egg I get will be a 42G egg! XD

and that's a smart rule, Lagie. although if it smells, I'm tossing it, not donating it!!

I DID THE THINGS! I did all my home adulting. Now to throw laundry in the washer and rest.

2 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I DID THE THINGS!

:D Yay, Izzy!

We had a community Christmas celebration at our church this afternoon. Crafts, games, a scavenger hunt and lots and lots of cookies! It was fun and we did get a fairly large number of people from the surrounding community who brought their kids.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

although if it smells, I'm tossing it, not donating it!!

I wish everyone thought like you! ;)

Glad you had a good time. :)

9 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I DID THE THINGS! I did all my home adulting. Now to throw laundry in the washer and rest.

Congrats! :D

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

We had a community Christmas celebration at our church this afternoon.

That does sound fun.

The other dog has gone walkabout again. I do hope the gate is closed. :rolleyes:

Just finished How the Grinch Stole Christmas (one of my favorites!) All three of them are fantastic! ❤️ 

Edit: It was the 2000 one with Jim Carrey. I adore it!

Edited by AsymDoll13

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

I wish everyone thought like you! ;)

although hubby suggested that sometimes people might not smell it.....

@Lagie the Official DC Discord stopped talking about the holiday dragons just to have an in-depth conversation about Trotsky dragons. Your Trotsky's are infamous and beloved.

Screenshot_20221219_030725.thumb.jpg.e84684f88c2d2c72d5edee143d8a14d7.jpg

Edited by BringsTheSnow

4 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

@Lagie the Official DC Discord stopped talking about the holiday dragons just to have an in-depth conversation about Trotsky dragons. Your Trotsky's are infamous and beloved.

Hide contents

Nice to know, thanks! :D

The image isn't working, though.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Windy and cool. The cold front that's dropping snow up north reached us yesterday. The wind sounds hurricane-like.

8 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

the Official DC Discord stopped talking about the holiday dragons just to have an in-depth conversation about Trotsky dragons.

oh that's interesting! i lurk on official (ok, i lurk on ALL my discord servers XD), and i get notifications all the time, and i'm surprised i didn't actually see that pop up! XD

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Windy and cool. The cold front that's dropping snow up north reached us yesterday. The wind sounds hurricane-like.

cold here today, and flurries.

10 hours ago, SoraBbb said:

Happy first night of Hanukkah, everyone!

happy chanukah!

i'm leaning towards going to the Yule/Solstice service at the UU church that i went to a random sunday service at last month.  it's wednesday night at 7, but i have to leave at like 6:15, so i should feed the cats maybe a little before 5, so hubby and i can have dinner before i head out.  also, it'll be cold and dark. hmm.  we shall see.

i bred my Pryanost for a (slightly smaller) Dune breeding project.  next year, i'll breed the Kwisatz Haderach XD (it took them much longer in Dune to breed a Kwisatz Haderach (MANY generations, not just 3), and even then, the breeding plans went wonky. XD)

i also bred Asteraea, who's part of my 20 Week Lineage, and the new egg is a 42G egg! i hope the name i have picked out for him isn't taken..... XD

I do not like the Christmas weekend forecast at all.

See below:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221219-175246_Chrome.jpg

weather.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise