Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

got a new couch, well, loveseat, today.  now we need to rearrange the living room so it doesn't appear to hog up the whole room! :blink:

@trystan

I love cross stitch! I've been working on one for over a year for my little brother. (It's huge, and I'm lazy lol).

7 hours ago, trystan said:

got a new couch, well, loveseat, today. 

Nice!

A friend is driving south to Florida and has stopped for the night outside Harrisburg, PA.

Up and down shop day. 1,000 + again. I sneezed and sneezed and sneezed. I'm exhausted. Histal worked to stop it when I got back here, thank goodness, so it really was just allergies.

23 hours ago, Lagie said:

Thrift shop. We raise funds for the Bahamas Humane Society. FB page.

Oh, cool! Nice job!

Sorry about the sneezing though, tis the season I guess. Hope you feel better soon!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Nice!

A friend is driving south to Florida and has stopped for the night outside Harrisburg, PA.

Up and down shop day. 1,000 + again. I sneezed and sneezed and sneezed. I'm exhausted. Histal worked to stop it when I got back here, thank goodness, so it really was just allergies.

Yay for the good work day! Boo for the allergies; hate it when that happens.

4 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I take a lot of breaks because I'm lazy. lol

lazy or unmotivated? (though I guess it could be both too uwu)

7 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

lazy or unmotivated? (though I guess it could be both too uwu)

Ooo fair point. Both. Both is good. 

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I take a lot of breaks because I'm lazy. lol

i get that! i'm on the final repeat of a blanket i've been working on (more off than on!).... i started it in April.  of 2018.  it does NOT take that long for me to make a blanket.  but this one had all kinds of fun along the way XD 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

oh very cool!  Harrisburg is now about four hours away from me XD 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Bright and sunny.

No sneezing at all so far today, thank goodness.

Good morning, CPA.

Just got back from son's house. Spent the night there after granddaughter's holiday concert at her school.

It took me an hour to drive the 35 miles home. It is straight down I-95, but there is lots of construction as they are building new toll lanes. Also there was an accident that tied up the two right lanes just before a major exit for the beltway goes off to the right, so that was a mess. Then they had construction right after the toll booths for the tunnel and were cutting the 6 lanes from the toll booths into only one immediately, which made things a little crazy. At least everyone seemed to be playing nice and letting people merge.

Granddaughter's concert was good. It was all 5th graders -- orchestra, band and chorus. She plays in the orchestra and got to do the introduction for one of their songs.

Bright and sunny today, but supposed to stay in the 40's all day.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

At least everyone seemed to be playing nice and letting people merge

That helps! Glad the concert was fun.

Another $1000+ day. This has become the new normal. It ended with a visit from a friend who's here briefly from Canada. It was good to see her!

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It's been raining today. A lot. lol

*sends buckets* Just in case. ;)

20 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Ooo fair point. Both. Both is good. 

hehe, had to ask cuz when it comes to art, I'm usually sadly both uwu

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Another $1000+ day. This has become the new normal.

At least it's a good new normal. grats grats.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Granddaughter's concert was good. It was all 5th graders -- orchestra, band and chorus. She plays in the orchestra and got to do the introduction for one of their songs.

sweet. glad the concert was good. sorry traffic sucked.

It's Friday yay! Wish it were warmer though.....though it's not snowing......(is a spoiled island girl where the coolest temp is in the high 60s)

It was in the 60s today, but it was not a nice 60. Bit muggy and stuff, rainy, gross, dark, you know that good old Georgia weather in winter!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Another $1000+ day. This has become the new normal. It ended with a visit from a friend who's here briefly from Canada. It was good to see her!

yaay!

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

yaay!

sorry about your long drive though.

worked 10 to 5 today, i think i have another day in 2 weeks where i get a meal break on my shift. usually i don't work long enough for meal breaks, just a 15 minute break.  but when i work 4 hour shifts, i don't usually take the break

Oh man... Friend and I invested in some cool cage liner things for our piggie cages, and oh my god, it's so good! They're easy to clean (spot cleaning everyday) and easy enough to switch out. We have two for each cage. Cost a fair penny, but goodness, it's going to be so good. ^^

15 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

but goodness, it's going to be so good. ^^

Excellent!

57 minutes ago, trystan said:

worked 10 to 5 today

Long day for you.

I don't get a break on shop days. If it's busy, it can take me over an hour to eat and drink my snack and tea between checkouts.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Excellent!

Long day for you.

I don't get a break on shop days. If it's busy, it can take me over an hour to eat and drink my snack and tea between checkouts.

Isn't it? 

And get some rest you! ^^

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

it was like that when i did my three-week stint at Wawa (convenience store).  but michael's gives you a half-hour meal break (you have to clock out though) if you're scheduled more than 5 (or 5 1/2?) hours.  no, you don't have to take it, but most people do.

I went and saw Strange World today, and I thought it was super good, it really sucks it didn't do well at the box office. Curse of disney's more experimental films.

that's cool.

I've kinda grown tired of Disney's animation style. When I watched Encanto I [inwardly] groaned at the beginning because of it, but I really did like the movie. Haven't seen Strange World but, idk, the trailer didn't really impress on me much; who knows, it may surprise me and I may actually like it.

*me, sitting and putting out my crochet project out to see if Friend can see a mistake that I think I made*

*Friend slooooooooowly making food*

*me, still waiting and screaming on the inside while I quit what I'm doing to wait* 

Why am I like this? lol

Edit: Turns out it looks fine.  

Edited by AsymDoll13

8 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Turns out it looks fine.  

:)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Brightish and partly sunny. I need it to stay dry as we have another jewellery sale today.

On 12/9/2022 at 7:16 AM, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Bright and sunny.

No sneezing at all so far today, thank goodness.

I got all your sneezes now lol my allergies have flared so bad the past two days. My face hurts lol

On 12/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, purplehaze said:

Good morning, CPA.

Just got back from son's house. Spent the night there after granddaughter's holiday concert at her school.

It took me an hour to drive the 35 miles home. It is straight down I-95, but there is lots of construction as they are building new toll lanes. Also there was an accident that tied up the two right lanes just before a major exit for the beltway goes off to the right, so that was a mess. Then they had construction right after the toll booths for the tunnel and were cutting the 6 lanes from the toll booths into only one immediately, which made things a little crazy. At least everyone seemed to be playing nice and letting people merge.

Bright and sunny today, but supposed to stay in the 40's all day.

Yay for fun time, boo construction, yay sunshine!

20 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It's been raining today. A lot. lol

SAME it's 35, dreary, and wet. I hate it.

15 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh man... Friend and I invested in some cool cage liner things for our piggie cages, and oh my god, it's so good! They're easy to clean (spot cleaning everyday) and easy enough to switch out. We have two for each cage. Cost a fair penny, but goodness, it's going to be so good. ^^

just did that for my rat bois! Disposable liners were getting pricey so I bought 2 large ones for the bottom of the cage and 4 small round ones for their elevated cubbies (so I can have 1 set in the cage and a clean set for when I need to change them out) LIFE SAVERS I tell you, soooo much quicker and easier to manage now.

Busy day ahead (as per usual).

Got up at 10 for the maintenance man to come fix our basement drain (it backed up really bad last time I ran the washer)

I want to try to get my cleaning done TODAY, but it may have to wait til tomorrow. (rat cage, cat boxes, laundry, dishes, trash. I already cleaned the dining room table off waiting on the maintenance man

I have a friend's birthday to attend today

Getting Cookie Cub for the weekend

Playing Sea of Thieves with Ben and my friend Kili

At some point I need to start wrapping gifts lol