Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

31 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

...I'm back home. The neurologist I saw wants to see me again in three months outpatient, and we'll go from there. But since I haven't had anything crazy go on since Sunday night around 11 pm or early Monday morning, they sent me home.

{{hugs}}

hope everything continues to not be crazy!

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

both doctors think it's okay, I guess it's okay.

*hugs* Glad you're home. Hope things stay calm.

I'm not sure if was the cats or Julian who detached the screen from the door, but the mosquitoes are having a field day with the gap and my warm body. :rolleyes: I need to find a screen repair person.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Sorry for the late reply guys. I'm back home. The neurologist I saw wants to see me again in three months outpatient, and we'll go from there. But since I haven't had anything crazy go on since Sunday night around 11 pm or early Monday morning, they sent me home. I had the choice to stay for a spinal tap, but I wanted to get out of there, and if both doctors think it's okay, I guess it's okay. But now my anxiety keeps questioning everything. Sigh. 

Thanks all for the well wishes! ❤️ 

So glad you are home!! Neuros are good doctors. I have one and I completely trust they know more than a primary care doc for sure.  Are they doing the spinal tap at a later time? 

17 minutes ago, galleri said:

So glad you are home!! Neuros are good doctors. I have one and I completely trust they know more than a primary care doc for sure.  Are they doing the spinal tap at a later time? 

A future MRI will let us know. But that's in 6 months or so, unless it's needed sooner (fingers crossed).

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Bright and sunny! I'm hoping to go for coffee at a friend's before heading to work this morning.

raining and cold.  it's supposed to get colder though. brr on xmas.

i'll be able to go to my inlaws on xmas, my mother-inlaw was okay with my suggestion of making the meal at a late lunchtime (1 to 2) instead of at dinner time like she originally wanted to.  if that was going to be the case, i would have stayed home to feed the cats dinner at a better kitty dinner time than like 1 or 2 a.m.

the down side is we'll have to get up and leave early (7 a.m.), which is earlier than i'm usually up.  on work days, hubby is up at 6:30/6:45 feeding the cats and whatnot, so i asked him to nudge me about 6:30 to tell me to get up, y'know, as a part of a couple would do, to make sure they're both up. he says he's leaving at 7, and it's up to me to be ready to go.  i said if i'm just about done being ready, he'll wait a few minutes for me, and he says "will i?" all weird and 'no i won't.' and i'm like :rolleyes:  and then he goes off on the snooze button and you really don't sleep between snoozes, and just set the alarm for when you want to get up....and he knows i've never been able to do that. yeesh. :rolleyes:

i said it's the nice thing to do, and he asks "but am i nice, though?"

i mean, yikes.

so yeah, i'm on my own for getting up on my own at like 6:15/6:30. i should be able to do it.

but i'll also make sure i have all the gifts i want to bring already in his car on xmas eve, in case he really does want to be a butt. XD

@trystan Hubby sounds like he is yanking your chain.

After constant rain all day yesterday, the sun is out this morning! Yay for sun!

We had a bit of a scare with our furnace yesterday. Hubby realized at about 10 AM that the display on our thermostat was blank, which means there is a problem somewhere. It is getting a bit chilly in the house. Checked the breakers and power is on to furnace. Then discovered that the pan under furnace is full of water and had tripped the float, which shuts the system down. Called repair service, but in the meantime I discovered that one of the joints in the line from the condenser had pulled apart and was leaking. I stuck it back together, bailed the water out of the pan, and we had heat again. Repair guy came and checked everything out and found no other problem, so just glued the joint back together to the tune of $119 -- $99 for the service call and $20 for a little dab of glue? Seems he could have thrown that in with the cost of the call since there were no parts needed or anything. XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

House sitting again. Two dogs. Till the 31st. ;)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hubby sounds like he is yanking your chain.

in the end, he probably is.  we'll 'test' it this sunday, when we have to leave also at 7 to go to my brother's for Chanukah XD 

and yikes about your heater..... and yes, they do like to charge for every little thing. *sigh*

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

House sitting again. Two dogs. Till the 31st. ;)

wow, that's quite a time span, yes?

today i'm working 1 to 5, and then hubby and i are going out to dinner at Shakespeare's Restaurant & Pub - it looks just like a medieval castle! one of my customers mentioned it a sunday or so ago, they had brunch there.  it's on a golf club, but the restaurant is open to everyone.

I stayed home from work today. this week has been super busy, stressful, and sleep-deprived, on top of my sinuses hurt, I had a bloody nose randomly, AND I just started my "time of the month", so I opted for a day to myself. Gonna have bestie pick me up while she's out and about and go hang out with her for awhile and relax.

Edited by IzzyCat91

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I stayed home from work today. this week has been super busy, stressful, and sleep-deprived, on top of my sinuses hurt, I had a bloody nose randomly, AND I just started my "time of the month", so I opted for a day to myself. Gonna have bestie pick me up while she's out and about and go hang out with her for awhile and relax.

Have fun! Sorry you're feeling crummy. 

On 12/15/2022 at 12:17 PM, trystan said:

raining and cold.  it's supposed to get colder though. brr on xmas.

i'll be able to go to my inlaws on xmas, my mother-inlaw was okay with my suggestion of making the meal at a late lunchtime (1 to 2) instead of at dinner time like she originally wanted to.  if that was going to be the case, i would have stayed home to feed the cats dinner at a better kitty dinner time than like 1 or 2 a.m.

the down side is we'll have to get up and leave early (7 a.m.), which is earlier than i'm usually up.  on work days, hubby is up at 6:30/6:45 feeding the cats and whatnot, so i asked him to nudge me about 6:30 to tell me to get up, y'know, as a part of a couple would do, to make sure they're both up. he says he's leaving at 7, and it's up to me to be ready to go.  i said if i'm just about done being ready, he'll wait a few minutes for me, and he says "will i?" all weird and 'no i won't.' and i'm like :rolleyes:  and then he goes off on the snooze button and you really don't sleep between snoozes, and just set the alarm for when you want to get up....and he knows i've never been able to do that. yeesh. :rolleyes:

i said it's the nice thing to do, and he asks "but am i nice, though?"

i mean, yikes.

so yeah, i'm on my own for getting up on my own at like 6:15/6:30. i should be able to do it.

but i'll also make sure i have all the gifts i want to bring already in his car on xmas eve, in case he really does want to be a butt. XD

Hubby sounds like a fun guy. lol. I think he's just playing around, but yes, get them in the car. Honestly this all sounds like something my dad would say to annoy me. My parents picked me and friend up today to run some errands (supposed to be sometime between 11:30 and 12:00. Dad calls me at 10:30, waking me up about a half hour before the alarm, and... yeah.... We got up. lol. 

8 hours ago, trystan said:

wow, that's quite a time span, yes?

Two weeks, yup. I have a month-long one coming up in January.

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Good for you. Self-care's important. Hope you feel better soon.

1200 at the shop today! :o It didn't feel that busy.

3 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

ooh boy, good luck with that o:

and chanukkah, wow XD

heh, thanks.  yep.  i celebrate ChanaYuleMas - Chanukah, Yule, and Xmas XD 

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hubby sounds like a fun guy. lol. I think he's just playing around, but yes, get them in the car. Honestly this all sounds like something my dad would say to annoy me.

yeah, that sounds about right XD 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Two weeks, yup. I have a month-long one coming up in January.

wow, nice! :) 

work went by quickly - i was there for only 4 hours, the first one went slow, but the last 3 went by quickly!

the restaurant was pretty cool - it was in a castle, we walked out with a random other couple, and the guy held the door for us, he said he read somewhere the doors each weighted like 800 pounds! the cuisine was "American" - they had burgers, pasta, filet mignon, soup, salad.... i had a cheeseburger that was a 1/2 pound burger! i also got lettuce, tomato, bacon and sauteed mushrooms.  hubby had some soup (steak & potato soup) and a huge pasta dish with sausage and pepper in it too.  very good meal, would recommend if you're out in western PA :) 

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Have fun! Sorry you're feeling crummy. 

Thanks :3 It'll pass, always does. How have YOU been feeling?

7 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@IzzyCat91 I mean, if you need it, you need it. Hope you have a good day off!

Right is what my bestie told me lol We had a delightful day :3

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Good for you. Self-care's important. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. Bestie had to convince me, cuz I was totally gonna just go and struggle bus through the day, but I'm glad I stayed home after all. I feel marginally better, just really drained and sleepy.

6 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thanks :3 It'll pass, always does. How have YOU been feeling?

Much much better! Still nervous about all the things, but that'll pass soon enough, I imagine. ^^ 

10 hours ago, trystan said:

celebrate ChanaYuleMas - Chanukah, Yule, and Xmas XD 

Nice!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

So the people here blocked up all the holes in the fence so the dog couldn't go through. The property manager there ... left the adjoining gate open. *facepalm* So now I'm waiting for the dog to return.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

So the people here blocked up all the holes in the fence so the dog couldn't go through. The property manager there ... left the adjoining gate open. *facepalm* So now I'm waiting for the dog to return.

Oof! Hope the dog returns soon. Someone needs to have words with the property manager.

Sunny and bright here this morning, but cold. It is supposed to get much colder in time for Christmas. I don't mind that too much, but they are making noises about a "coastal storm" happening, too, which is NOT cool. A nor'easter could bring us a couple of feet of snow. Not needing that! I want to spend Christmas with my family, not digging out of snow drifts!

9 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I'm glad I stayed home after all. I feel marginally better, just really drained and sleepy

Hope you were able to rest well and are feeling all better today.

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Much much better! Still nervous about all the things, but that'll pass soon enough, I imagine.

Glad you are feeling better. I'm sure it is normal to have a bit of anxiety about it all, when you don't really have answers, but hopefully it was a one-off thing and you are done with it!

11 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

That sounds amazing! Burgers are my favorite food so... ^^

oh it was. :D 

4 hours ago, Lagie said:
15 hours ago, trystan said:

celebrate ChanaYuleMas - Chanukah, Yule, and Xmas XD 

Nice!

i came up with that a few years ago.  still haven't found a portmanteau for Ostara, Easter, and Passover though! XD 

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

oof.

11 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Much much better! Still nervous about all the things, but that'll pass soon enough, I imagine. ^^ 

glad you're better! {{hugs}}

cold out there today, and i saw some steady snow flurries, too!  it also snowed a little overnight, there was snow on the cars and grass, but not the roads or driveway.

i work 1 to 5, so i'll be back on tonight. :D 

We have a customer who comes at sun-up every day we're open, waits hours till we open, for a 20 minute shopping window. Yesterday, she mentioned to one of my volunteers that her husband, who comes with her every time, wasn't doing well. This morning... he had a heart attack and died, in the car, about 7 a.m. while waiting outside my shop. :( I arrived just before they tranferred him to the funeral home's hearse. After a near meltdown while that happened, the lady calmed down enough to tell her story to all the waiting customers, and to come shopping as usual. :blink:

(Oh, and another $1200 day...)

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

After a near meltdown while that happened, the lady calmed down enough to tell her story to all the waiting customers, and to come shopping as usual. :blink:

:wacko:

Sorry that happened.