Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

wow, Izzy, that does sound like a whirlwind! yaay on the new job!

i worked today 10 to 2.  on wednesday we got self-checkout registers, and some of the customers don't quite realise what they are.  some of them go right to them.  others look at them sideways, and prefer to come to me, a cashier. :) 

we're getting quotes from movers to schelp our stuff on moving day, and we we're getting quotes from people to come replace our sewer pipes, yay. (not)

busy times. keeps me out of trouble? XD 

yesterday, i had a sprite on my scroll that i put into hatcheries when it was at like 5d22h left.  and then i forgot which sprite it actually was, and i went to my Reds to incubate it.... but i didn't have any eggs!  'cause it was a hatchie. wow, i need to get this stressful moving off my mind. *sigh*

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

look at them sideways, and prefer to come to me, a cashier.

That would be me! I detest self-checkouts. Why should I have to do the work so they don't have to pay a cashier to do it?!?!

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That would be me! I detest self-checkouts. Why should I have to do the work so they don't have to pay a cashier to do it?!?!

fair enough.

at the same time, i also use the self-checkouts at the grocery store.....

Until it is my only option I will not use self-checkout anywhere. I will wait in a long line rather than use them or just walk out without buying anything if I don't have time to wait. Did I say how much I loathe them? XD

42 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Until it is my only option I will not use self-checkout anywhere. I will wait in a long line rather than use them or just walk out without buying anything if I don't have time to wait. Did I say how much I loathe them? XD

Agreed.

Another crazy busy 1,000 dollar shop day. From 8:30 a.m. (we open at 10) to 2 p.m. there were people in line to come in pretty much the entire time bar about five minutes around 1 p.m. and the last ten minutes. It's great to be doing well, but, man, it's exhausting.

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's great to be doing well, but, man, it's exhausting.

I'm sure!

Congrats on another good shop day! :P

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Did I say how much I loathe them? XD

i never would have guessed! XD 

22 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Another crazy busy 1,000 dollar shop day. From 8:30 a.m. (we open at 10) to 2 p.m. there were people in line to come in pretty much the entire time bar about five minutes around 1 p.m. and the last ten minutes. It's great to be doing well, but, man, it's exhausting.

oh wow.

it IS exhausting!

Thanks!

And of course falling asleep shortly after I posted that means I'll have trouble getting to sleep tonight.

I have to go to the shop tomorrow and Monday (holiday for mourning the Queen) to feed my critters. Anyone want to join the description review party tomorrow?

3 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I'm glad things are going well, @IzzyCat91!

I headed to visit my parents today for a couple of hours. I had to pick up some meds my mother was kind enough to grab for me. lol. Gotta keep this ticker of mine going. 

Thanks! If all goes well, we plan to move closer to work (it's an hour drive each way right now, but better quality of life at new job and better pay in the long run so.... we'll deal for the time being)

And yes please, take good care of that ticker!

which reminds me, I forgot to mention in my last post that my mother has been doing poorly, medically speaking. She now has high blood pressure, severe advanced arthritis in her spine (mostly lower back) so she has to do PT for that now, and she may have degenerative disc disease in her spine as well, so THAT has been a big drain on my spoons as well (she's only 55, I swear she's trying to work herself into an early grave and I can't deal)

3 hours ago, trystan said:

wow, Izzy, that does sound like a whirlwind! yaay on the new job!

It really has been! This is the quickest I have EVER had a job move to employ me and I was not prepared lol. Thanks for the well wishes :3

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Agreed.

oof, that is a busy day! I agree, am glad business is great but I hope you get to rest soon.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Anyone want to join the description review party tomorrow?

potentially. What time and how do I join?

30 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And of course falling asleep shortly after I posted that means I'll have trouble getting to sleep tonight.

oh fun.

25 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

It really has been! This is the quickest I have EVER had a job move to employ me and I was not prepared lol. Thanks for the well wishes :3

oh wow! 

and you're welcome. :) 

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

potentially. What time and how do I join?

Not sure, exactly, but the Description Force thread will likely be the hangout. @purpledragonclaw and @Kaini will be going through the description backlog, and I'm guessing we can help by reviewing while they do so.

One more hour till my 20 Week hatchie grow up and I can breed it.

23 minutes ago, Lagie said:

woo hoo!

Asterion grows up tomorrow, and i can breed him for one last gen for the challenge. ;) 

18 minutes ago, trystan said:

woo hoo!

Asterion grows up tomorrow, and i can breed him for one last gen for the challenge. ;) 

And she bred true! :)

I'll post to the thread then head to bed.

Just now, Lagie said:

And she bred true! :)

I'll post to the thread then head to bed.

oh awesome! congrats! :D 

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Not sure, exactly, but the Description Force thread will likely be the hangout. @purpledragonclaw and @Kaini will be going through the description backlog, and I'm guessing we can help by reviewing while they do so.

One of us will post once we start!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Here's the Description Force thread for those who wish to join!

It's Sunday so the shards reset which means any descriptions you review count towards your new shards. ;)

(In case anyone needs an incentive to join us...)

Bright and sunny. I'll go to work shortly, feed my  shop dog and cat, sort through some books that arrived as we closed then go hang out at my desk with half decent internet for a while.

gm 👋🏼

i had a nice dream of watching the sunrise while dancing by the Mayan Warrior at Burning Man, but woke up to the reality of cats meowing for food and a headache from sleeping in & not having my morning dose of caffeine. 

I’ll go check out that description thread. I didn’t know reviewing them gave shards, too. last Sunday I maxed out shards by 2am dc time because the AP was low and I was searching for cb eggs 🤣

Cats can be very demanding in the morning. XD

One of the neighbourhood cats barges her way into my front door first thing every morning.

Good morning, CPA!

Thanks for the waffles and coffee, Lagie. ;)

Our lawn guy is supposed to come today and do some work for us. He dropped of some supplies yesterday and it doesn't look like he brought enough stuff to fix the flower bed with the rotten wood ties barely holding it together. :unsure: He will most likely come while I am at church, so hubby will have to deal. I'm gonna assume he knows what he's doing until proven otherwise.

I might look in on the description thread later today if I get time, but not for the shards. I never have any trouble getting those maxed by Monday evening at the latest -- breeding and AP hunting always seem to do it for me.

You're welcome! :)

I've done a bunch of reviewing, after sorting the books, and clearing some shelves, and am heading back to the shop for a half hour or so, then I'll go home.

Yesterday, someone assured me Fiona wasn't going to be a problem.  This post makes me much less sure of that:

947384896_Fionasep18.jpg.920a5b21b6ac928ebc85fe70839c42e2.jpg

I'm in the brown blotch up and to the left of the L.

Follow left from the line that says 1012 and you'll go over my teeny island before you reach the bigger island and the end of the brown blotch.

Hey all, just starting my day on here (been up since 11am, but was doing detective work on TikTok to expose a fake account trying to scam people aka me for money. ) Gonna go grab my leftovers, put the Marvel Movie Marathon back on (Am watching all the movies in timeline order since we have Disney+ access), and do some dragon reviewing for a bit. I plan to get off here around 3 and do my household chores:

Dishes

Laundry/Put Clean Clothes Away/Sort Through Clothes (I need to donate some, I have too many right now that I hardly ever wear)

Bathroom

Litterboxes

Rat Cage

Trash

Sweep floors is a maybe.

It is so weird being wide awake this early after 2 years of 3rd shift O.o

@Lagieyikes. I hope you all stay safe and fingers crossed it'll shift direction before it reaches you.

51 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yesterday, someone assured me Fiona wasn't going to be a problem.  This post makes me much less sure of that:

EEKS! Sending storm-safety vibes.

23 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

It is so weird being wide awake this early after 2 years of 3rd shift

Will you not be working 3rd shift at your new job? I always kinda liked working 3rd shift, but it does put you out of sync with the rest of the world.

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Will you not be working 3rd shift at your new job? I always kinda liked working 3rd shift, but it does put you out of sync with the rest of the world.

No, Ben and I will be working 2nd shift, 3p-11pm. We're hoping that this will enable us to be more present for Cookie as she gets older and more involved in clubs and such through school, plus it'll help with me scheduling Dr appointments for my chronic issues and allow me to destress because I won't have to rush so much to get things done during the day.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Weather Underground still shows it turning out to sea before it reaches the Bahamas.

25 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Weather Underground still shows it turning out to sea before it reaches the Bahamas.

Fingers crossed. 🤞

We are a long country , though. Some of it may affect the southern islands.

I fed my animals.

I sorted books.

I cleared shelves.

I sorted some more books.

I fed my animals again.

For a non-work day, I got a lot of work done. :P