Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

The American military and how war has become a fact of life for you guys.

le sigh....

guh, I want to lie down, but the bedding was recently washed so idk what the rules are for lying on it (my bf and I have certain "cleanliness" issues when it comes to the bed).

13 hours ago, trystan said:

what is the Bahamas' opinion of the Queen? i've seen headlines that some countries are in mourning, and others are 'meh, whatever.'

Well, we did a full paper tribute the day after she died. The headline in the next issue was 'Will Charles be our last king?' as a bunch of people are already talking about bringing up the 'let's become a republic' idiocy again... and then those same people agitated for a day off on Monday for the Queen's Day of Mourning. Generally, she and the Royal Family are well-liked here. William and Kate's recent visit showed that, and William said they'd received a warmer welcome here than the other islands they visited. We aren't politically intelligent enough to handle becoming a republic.

13 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Nice kind of a day to have, eh?

It is! :)

12 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

guh, I want to lie down, but the bedding was recently washed so idk what the rules are for lying on it (my bf and I have certain "cleanliness" issues when it comes to the bed).

Take your shoes off first, and pretend you're going to bed?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brrownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Rain in the night. Partly cloudy today.

Last night's dinner party was fun, outside on the lawn in front of our homes. All the British-themed table decorations (two double decker buses, a London taxi, a UK flag piggy bank pig, and a cow with Buckingham Palace on it) all came from my thrift shop! I didn't realize I had collected so many things.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Well, we did a full paper tribute the day after she died. The headline in the next issue was 'Will Charles be our last king?' as a bunch of people are already talking about bringing up the 'let's become a republic' idiocy again... and then those same people agitated for a day off on Monday for the Queen's Day of Mourning. Generally, she and the Royal Family are well-liked here. William and Kate's recent visit showed that, and William said they'd received a warmer welcome here than the other islands they visited. We aren't politically intelligent enough to handle becoming a republic.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Last night's dinner party was fun, outside on the lawn in front of our homes. All the British-themed table decorations (two double decker buses, a London taxi, a UK flag piggy bank pig, and a cow with Buckingham Palace on it) all came from my thrift shop! I didn't realize I had collected so many things.

gotcha gotcha!

we got emails from our realtor with an appraisal report and a sewer line report, and it looks like they want us to fix a few things with the sewer and lower the price? i'm so confused. we knew the sewer line would need to be fixed, but this is actually making me worry now. *sigh*

Say what now? Why are they trying to complicate this for you?

Today was busier (and more profitable) than yesterday. I'm wiped.

37 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Say what now? Why are they trying to complicate this for you?

because it's a VA loan, and apparently As-Is... is not. XD 

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Take your shoes off first, and pretend you're going to bed?

Eh, it's moreso whether we deem my clothes "clean" enough that I can just lie on the top layer.

Would also love to eventually live in a place where I can go barefoot, but my bf still deems that potentially dirty.

56 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

Eh, it's moreso whether we deem my clothes "clean" enough that I can just lie on the top layer.

Ah. Okay.

56 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

Would also love to eventually live in a place where I can go barefoot, but my bf still deems that potentially dirty.

How about switching out shoes for slippers? My East Indian neighbours did that and I've started doing it, too. Or barefoot in some places I house sit.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

:rolleyes:

I hope my nails have grown enough that I'm able to do some origami tonight. I'm so far behind in prepping for November's Jollification.

actually, what i said wasn't correct.  it's not cause it's a VA loan.  it's because my township passed a law/ordinance/thing that says sellers need to allow this kind of inspection for buyers to get their Use&Occupancy thing so they can move in.

i started a gofundme. Lagie, can you boost my signal on facebook? can i put the link here for others to boost the signal as well? (thanks :))

Edited by trystan

3 hours ago, trystan said:

VA loans can be a huge pain. Our neighbor had to do all kinds of things to satisfy the buyer's VA lender. Good luck.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

VA loans can be a huge pain. Our neighbor had to do all kinds of things to satisfy the buyer's VA lender. Good luck.

agreed. 

and thanks. :) 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

Lagie, can you boost my signal on facebook? can i put the link here for others to boost the signal as well? (thanks :))

Boost your signal? :blink:

I'm not sure you can do that in the threads here but I've seen them in people's signatures.

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Boost your signal? :blink:

i thought it was a phrase from firefly.... but boosting the signal is amplifying, spreading it around.  since you're on facebook, you can share my post on your feed, which "boosts the signal."

if anyone else wants to "boost my signal, i can send a link to share on your social media as well. :) 

9 hours ago, trystan said:

thought it was a phrase from firefly

Ah. That's why I don't know it. I never saw Firefly. ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Rain in the night. Sunny at the moment. We are keeping a close watch on Tropical Storm Fiona.

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We are keeping a close watch on Tropical Storm Fiona.

Hope she stays away from you.

Cool and sunny here this morning, but supposed to get into the 80s by this afternoon.

10 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hope she stays away from you.

Me, too... but the black line travels right over us. :o

Screenshot_20220916-185346.thumb.jpg.d179fcf0f9f9027f4b2601380feec8f5.jpg

Did you get the heat?

We were sweltering. It definitely feels, and the clouds look, stormy here.

Calmer shop day but still lucrative.

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

Ah. That's why I don't know it. I never saw Firefly. ;)

eh, it's fine.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Me, too... but the black line travels right over us. :o

yikes!!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Did you get the heat?

it's supposed to be icky, humid, and july again here this coming week.  it that from you? XD 

56 minutes ago, trystan said:

it's supposed to be icky, humid, and july again here this coming week.  it that from you? XD 

Mebbe. Storms affect a much larger area than most people realize. We'll have a better idea by Sunday of how much at risk we are.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Did you get the heat?

1 hour ago, trystan said:

ewww, sounds horrible D;

hope you guys find a way to stay cool.

*sigh* the days are getting shorter and shorter :C

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Mebbe.

*pffft*

1 minute ago, WaterScorpion said:

ewww, sounds horrible D;

hope you guys find a way to stay cool.

i love my AC!

haha, I have a mixed relationship with the AC in the house but that's probably cuz my "station" is right next to the air vent.

6 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

haha, I have a mixed relationship with the AC in the house but that's probably cuz my "station" is right next to the air vent.

ah gotcha.

i need a fan blowing on me, so i'd be good with that XD 

It felt rather nice here today. Not too hot and not too cold. Emma is 9 weeks old as of yesterday now (it's 12:12 AM here now. lol).

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Happy Birthday, @DragonSpirit009! ;)

Clouds and sun. I hope any rain holds off till after we close at 2 p.m.

First off: HAPPY BIRTHDAY @DragonSpirit009!!

Secondly: I am sorry to have been absent for so long. we had our interviews for the new job and then things started happening SUUUUUPER fast. We found out the next day we got the jobs, I put in my 2 weeks notice, Ben accidentally pointed out, we've been prepping and everything FOR new job (like trying to flip our sleep schedules around), plus making time to see Cookie (Who is absolutely DOMINATING soccer this year. She's Team Captain, and she scores 90% of her teams goals, to the point that her coach has to move her to defense halfway through the game just to make it fair lol)

We start the new job Monday, 3p-11p, 5 to 6 days a week (sometimes we have to work Saturday) with 2 of the shifts a week being 12's (we get to pick which 2 days each week though, and they give us advanced warning). I'm super excited but nervous, as is tradition with new things/change in my life.

Roommate hasn't been terrible, though I will need to have a talk with him about a few things he does that is irksome (like I make a gallon of iced tea for the whole house and he drinks literally 90% of it before the week is out, so either Ben or I will get a single glass and the other gets nothing. is kinda irritating.)

other than that, all's well here. I hope you guys are doing good too. I have to go back several pages to catch up with everything I missed lol.

Edit: ok, am all caught up now and just realized I am not sure if I ever mentioned Roommate OR new job. lol

Edited by IzzyCat91

I'm glad things are going well, @IzzyCat91!

I headed to visit my parents today for a couple of hours. I had to pick up some meds my mother was kind enough to grab for me. lol. Gotta keep this ticker of mine going.