Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yay. Glad you'll have somewhere to check out.

and i'll have a library and ice skating places to check out, as well as a Michaels, of course XD 

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The idjits here have resurrected the 'oh maybe we should become a republic' nonsense. :rolleyes:

well, we're (the US, that is) a republic, and you see how well that's going on over here.... XD 

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

and i'll have a library and ice skating places to check out, as well as a Michaels, of course XD 

oooh, nice.

*sigh* I need to move out....

8 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:
13 minutes ago, trystan said:

oooh, nice.

agreed!  and the michaels is in a huge shopping center.  and there's also a mall out there.

just because it's out in Beaver county, doesn't mean it's in the middle of nowhere XD 

@trystan I don't think I have ever been in Rochester, although I grew up about 50 miles north of there and we used to drive by on I-79 or PA 19 on our way to and from Pittsburgh.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm so glad we got the title figured out.  my next confirmation i'm waiting for is the buyer being approved for his mortgage :) 

the Full Moon Circle is a ritual (where we light some candles, chant some songs, and raise some energy) held by a (somewhat kinda but not really local) chapter of  CUUPs - the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans - of which i am a UU Pagan.  Every month, on the Friday closest to the full moon, this group holds a service at the UU Fellowship in Princeton, which is 30-30 minutes away from me, so I guess that's kinda local. this was only the second time I've been there in person since the start of the pandemic.  and since I am moving that far away, I figured I should go and see people again.

That is very cool. Kind of interesting since I very, very recently started to explore Paganism. It has been a wild 2 weeks of introspection and self-discovery! 

:) Yay for new places!

well, we're (the US, that is) a republic, and you see how well that's going on over here.... XD 

Yeah... :unsure:

Final breeding for the 20 Week Challenge was actually successful! :D

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan I don't think I have ever been in Rochester, although I grew up about 50 miles north of there and we used to drive by on I-79 or PA 19 on our way to and from Pittsburgh.

oh very cool!

i never knew there was a Rochester PA until just July!

30 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

That is very cool. Kind of interesting since I very, very recently started to explore Paganism. It has been a wild 2 weeks of introspection and self-discovery! 

that's awesome too!

feel free to PM me if you have questions.... maybe we can learn an answer together, as i still don't have all of 'em. :) 

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

:) Yay for new places!

all new places for me!

Yeah... :unsure:

i know, right? XD 

woo hoo!

Edited by trystan

3 hours ago, trystan said:

Oh good Lord. 

27 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:
3 hours ago, trystan said:

Oh good Lord. 

i know, right?

also, i thought my 20 week challenge hatchie was growing up tonight, like about an hour ago.  nope, i still have another day left until she grows up! XD 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Yay! But you should be able to squeeze in another breeding. Your last dragon doesn't have to grow up before the deadline -- just be bred.

It's like when people claim we're a true democracy (we being the USA) when no... not even close to Athens democracy, but go off then. lol

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yay! But you should be able to squeeze in another breeding. Your last dragon doesn't have to grow up before the deadline -- just be bred.

Ooh. Will cross my fingers they breed what I need then. I picked up some CB magis to show them what I wanted and it seems to have worked. XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Partly sunny. I'm expecting a large donation delivery to the shop today so I hope the clouds out there aren't rain clouds.

hi, i'm here.  i've been actually working at work :P

my 20W dragon grows up tonight, and then i can breed her! yaay! :D

Edited by trystan

I'm not working at work. :P I'm leaving early to make up for some of the three hours on Sunday.

I've pulled my chest muscles again. Ow.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm not working at work. :P I'm leaving early to make up for some of the three hours on Sunday.

oh noes 😧

hope you get some good time to rest.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

well pffft.

i was making sure all the formulas i could put on were on my spreadsheets. :P 

ow. feel better.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Ouch! Sending feel-better vibes!

Was out running a lot of errands today. Nice day. Cooler, but sunny unlike the last two days when we had heavy rains.

Thanks, all. I've been resting this evening and they're feeling a bit less stressed. Sleep will be the challenge!

38 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Nice day. Cooler, but sunny

Nice! We've had thunderstorms and localized rain today (as in, it poured at home while I was at work, barely rained at all at work).

45 minutes ago, Lagie said:

localized rain today (as in, it poured at home while I was at work, barely rained at all at work).

i'd file that under 'Weather Weirdings'

how far apart is work and home?

9 hours ago, trystan said:

i'd file that under 'Weather Weirdings'

how far apart is work and home?

A fifteen minute drive in good traffic. Only four or five miles. But that's how the weather works on this island. I've had a thunderstorm and rain this morning. I can pretty much promise you one of my volunteers who lives way out west will have had nothing. (The island is 19 x 6 miles.) The weirdest one was when I was house sitting even farther west in a sizeable gated community. Driving from the house to the main gate, it was raining at the house, bone dry at the roundabout, and raining at the gate. :blink:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Post-rain drippy but the sun is coming out.

Facebook has its uses but they've changed my page settings recently and it's frustrating not being able to do things I used to be able to do. I also find it overwhelming (and this part isn't FB's fault) when several people want the one item in the photo I've posted.

On a completely unrelated note, @trystan, have you read Rachel Maddow's Drift? (Blowout's good, too.)

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

A fifteen minute drive in good traffic. Only four or five miles. But that's how the weather works on this island.

ah gotcha!

yep. Weather Weirdings. *nods*

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

On a completely unrelated note, @trystan, have you read Rachel Maddow's Drift? (Blowout's good, too.)

i haven't... what's the subject matter?

4 hours ago, trystan said:

ah gotcha!

yep. Weather Weirdings. *nods*

I was right. It didn't rain out west.

4 hours ago, trystan said:

i haven't... what's the subject matter?

The American military and how war has become a fact of life for you guys.

Busy day, lots of money  made, lots of stuff sold.

Dinner in memory of the Queen tonight.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I was right. It didn't rain out west.

yep, weird.  

i found a website, milesofme.com, and plugged in my city, and asked it for 19 miles away.  i'm kinda half-familiar with some of the places, and yeah, i can see a wide variety of weather there.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

The American military and how war has become a fact of life for you guys.

oh fun.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Dinner in memory of the Queen tonight.

what is the Bahamas' opinion of the Queen? i've seen headlines that some countries are in mourning, and others are 'meh, whatever.'

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Busy day, lots of money  made, lots of stuff sold.

Nice kind of a day to have, eh?