Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

There was a shark attack in... what??? I'm lost. That poor woman. My thoughts to her and her family. 

Edit: MORE TOPPAGE! 

Edited by AsymDoll13

12 hours ago, trystan said:

yes.but the circle is the Friday closest to the full moon, which is tonight. and I made it :)

:)

12 hours ago, trystan said:

yikes!

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

There was a shark attack in... what??? I'm lost. That poor woman. My thoughts to her and her family. 

Very sad. :(

It was an area popular with turtles. Sharks eat turtles. Flapping tourists look like seals to a shark... and many of the current tour boats aren't properly vetted and don't know the rules (like the really basic ones of don't put food in the water, or blood, and always have a lookout person).

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Edit: MORE TOPPAGE! 

Cuffage! ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Bright and sunny. I'm hoping for a good day.

That's so sad. My thoughts go to her and her family. Like I can't even imagine the pain they must be feeling. 

*takes a brownie* Mmm... My favorite. 

Very sad. :( You come on a cruise ship, and never go home.

Busy people-wise at the shop today (80+) but not big spenders as we were quiet money-wise (under 800).

I'm not feeling well, but the good news is, I do not have Covid. (Took a test this morning.)

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm not feeling well, but the good news is, I do not have Covid. (Took a test this morning.)

well that's good! :) 

i worked 10 to 2, and then picked up 3 more crates.  thought i was getting 1, but the lady's neighbor had 2 he needed out of his garage! so i brought home three more crates for the kitties and our move.

Yay for more crates! :)

We sold another of the 'been around too long' tables so we're gradually getting more space in the Minerva Shack.

Hope you feel better soon, Lagie. Glad it isn't Covid.

Yay for getting rid of a table. They do take up a lot of space.

@trystan Always nice to get a bonus you didn't expect. How many crates will you need for the trip? Hope you have enough space for them all!

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yay for more crates! :)

yep!

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

How many crates will you need for the trip? Hope you have enough space for them all!

i have noted 6 or 7 crates....and we can double up cats.  if the huge one is huge enough, we could get four cats in there..... but i don't know yet, we haven't opened it out yet to see.

our plan was a cargo van.... but we might need something bigger. not sure if a cargo van on steroids exists - we'll need to call Uhaul or Ryder and see.  something like a box truck, but where the box part is actually connected to the driver area, so the whole vehicle can be climate controlled if need be.  don't want to put the kitties in the box part like they're cargo :blink:  

and another reason for me to go out with hubby when he takes the cats is so i can see the house! (at least, the outside.)  and i plan to be 99% packed by then anyway XD :blink:

Feel better @Lagie! It's no fun being sick!

That series finale of Call the Midwife was so stressful. I'm not afraid to admit that I cried. lol. We almost lost two of my favorite characters... I'm so stressed. No crochet or manga reading tonight, I don't believe. Just some Stardew Valley. 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Thanks, guys. I think it's partly lack of sleep, partly hormones. I do have to go to the shop today as the person who usually feeds my critters on Sundays is one of the people out sick with Covid.

*noms a waffle* Thanks, Lagie. :)

Steady heavy rain here this morning. Church "picnic" was planned for today and hoping we could eat outside. That won't be happening, so we will have to deal with it indoors. Sadly our fellowship hall that could hold everyone is closed because of a mold issue, so we will have to use multiple smaller rooms if we have many people there.

morning all (although it's almost noon for me). my yarn group is meeting in person at a local brewery/restaurant for lunch today!

and then I'm off to my storage locker..... another round of decluttering of things I haven't thought of for the 2 months things have been there; and bringing back a handful of items that I have thought about XD

That sounds like a good way to declutter! ;)

Hope your 'picnic' goes well, purplehaze, wherever it ends up being held.

I finished the last of the book boxes! Huzzah! Well... there's one left but it's behind a pile of stuff and isn't in the line of sight as all the others were. * happy dances*

Now for some tea and a snack with some internet time before heading home.

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hope your 'picnic' goes well, purplehaze, wherever it ends up being held.

It was indoors and went as well as it could under the conditions. It was pretty well attended and the lounge where most of the seating was was too full for me to be comfortable there, although we might have been able to squeeze in. So we joined a smaller group in the library and that felt better. As always there was abundant food and I was able to bring a sandwich and some dessert home to hubby.

4 hours ago, trystan said:

another round of decluttering of things I haven't thought of for the 2 months

Wish I could convince hubby that if we haven't thought of some things in 2 months -- I'd even extend it to 6 -- then chances are we don't need them. I know there are some things that need to be kept longer, but so much stuff...

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

That sounds like a good way to declutter! ;)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Wish I could convince hubby that if we haven't thought of some things in 2 months -- I'd even extend it to 6 -- then chances are we don't need them. I know there are some things that need to be kept longer, but so much stuff...

so it was raining.  i did look through some of the boxes, but i know there's more in the locker that i just couldn't get to, i was just transferring from one huge stack to the next.

i did find a few things that i knew about that were extra and we didn't need, so i do have a few things to ask my daughters about first, before asking in my yarn group chat, and then posting in the Buy Nothing facebook group.  after that, things will get donated if they're still hanging around.

my plan for the end of the week, if it's not raining or too warm is to just take the boxes out of the storage locker and put them outside on the ground. continue that way until i can kinda get to all the boxes and see what i have.  and along the way i'll look in the kitchen boxes and the "J" boxes for the two more things i was looking for to bring back, and the kitchen boxes of more stuff to declutter. hopefully. XD 

also, we have a LOT of book boxes! i wonder how may of them younger daughter will want to keep?

then the fun part will be reassembling all the boxes back in the locker.....

i'm also going go through the few boxes we have in our shed one day this week, to see if what i'm looking for doesn't happen to be right in my back yard instead. XD 

and then once we move, i plan to not unpack the boxes until i need something.  and then when it gets to january or february, i'll see what's still in boxes that i can attempt to sell on facebook marketplace or donate somewhere..... or just toss things if they can't be recycled.

Hi guys! Sorry for my absence. I was distracted by a video game. Again. lol

Today, my best friend's little brother turned 30! I've known him since he was like 10 or so. He visited and watched movies with his dad, and then we had some dinner and cupcakes. It was pleasant. 

Emma also turned 8 weeks on Friday! She's like... 3 times bigger than she was. She's turning into a gorgeous cat with a serious attitude. lol. She's not quite big enough to spay however. So that will wait, and we'll have to get her an appointment to the vet soon enough for shots and so on. 

haha, I find it cute how you're apologizing for being absent for a day. but yeah, totally understand video game distraction XD

aww, glad emma is doing well.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny! It's car licensing and inspection day. I also need to drive way out west for a prescription refill and shop supplies, so I'm glad the sun is shining.

encyclopedia update.

and i've learned i'm not an 'encyclopedia completionist'.... i'm just a 'view all the sprites needed to unlock the pretty pics of said sprites' "completionist" XD

Edited by trystan

Hello CPA! It has been a while. 😅 I have had a very busy social life recently and am still tired from when I had COVID a couple weeks ago. The cough is lingering but otherwise I am fine now. 

@trystan Glad to hear the house sale seems to be moving forward and that you got the Title issue figured out. Best of luck with the move. Also, I too was watching the full moon on Friday night since Saturday it was forcast to rain (it did, by the way). What is the circle you were referring to? 

@AsymDoll13 Enjoy Emma while she is small. Kittens are so much fun but they are also exhausting to be around sometimes. She will be full grown before you know it. 

3 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

@trystan Glad to hear the house sale seems to be moving forward and that you got the Title issue figured out. Best of luck with the move. Also, I too was watching the full moon on Friday night since Saturday it was forcast to rain (it did, by the way). What is the circle you were referring to? 

i'm so glad we got the title figured out.  my next confirmation i'm waiting for is the buyer being approved for his mortgage :) 

the Full Moon Circle is a ritual (where we light some candles, chant some songs, and raise some energy) held by a (somewhat kinda but not really local) chapter of  CUUPs - the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans - of which i am a UU Pagan.  Every month, on the Friday closest to the full moon, this group holds a service at the UU Fellowship in Princeton, which is 30-30 minutes away from me, so I guess that's kinda local. this was only the second time I've been there in person since the start of the pandemic.  and since I am moving that far away, I figured I should go and see people again.

Edited by trystan

Car licensing went smoothly and the errand running afterwards, too.

3 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

The cough is lingering but otherwise I am fine now

Hope the cough clears up for you. Glad you're seeing people.

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

and since I am moving that far away, I figured I should go and see people again.

Sounds good. Will there be a group in your new area?

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Sounds good. Will there be a group in your new area?

actually.... i don't know. we have an email list, and can ask into that group.

there are some UU congregations out my new direction, but since we're moving to Rochester and not a direct Pgh suburb, they're a little further away.  i'll certainly look into everything out there as well! :) 

edit: the CUUPs website says there's chapters at 2 of the UU congregations out there.... now to see which one is closer.....

Edited by trystan

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

the CUUPs website says there's chapters at 2 of the UU congregations out there.... now to see which one is closer.....

Yay. Glad you'll have somewhere to check out.

The idjits here have resurrected the 'oh maybe we should become a republic' nonsense. :rolleyes: